The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

New Cpu Spike

Hixlysss

Since update 16, i've noticed that my CPU usage spikes up close to 80-100 usage when playing warframe now. It's...very very odd. Just dropping a report about this, it's only started getting this high/bad since update 16.

Edit: System Specs, AMD Phenom II 4x 955 Black Edition processor, Radeon 6870HD graphics, Windows 7 OS, 8 gigs of ram.

Edited by Rikov

Hi Rikov,

Is this something that you experience even on the Liset? Does it happen in any particular level or node? 

It just happened to me randomly while in the Liset.   I walked over to the planets and it went down to like 4 fps.

I closed WF, now I'm going to open it back up and run Task Manager.

Edit:  Seems to be fine for right now.

-Windows 8.1 (Borderless Windowed)

-AMD Phenom BE 3.2ghz (No OC)

-6 Gig (2GB Samsung/4GB OCZ)

-Nvidia GTX 680

Frame Time 16.7ms/ Rate 60.FPS (V-sync)

When it lag spikes, it usually drops down to 1.0-3.0ms/ 4-10 FPS

WF on a good day only uses 25% of my CPU and 1.2MB Memory...I'll keep monitoring because this was never an issue a few updates ago. 

I do know for a FACT if you leave your game running for MANY MANY hours AFK, the game will hang badly.  It's been times where I'd leave the game because I've passed out :^)

Also for some reason.  Playing in Full-Screen stops this issue completely....just from my experience...

Edited by Ishki88

Can confirm this happens in missions and relays as well at times.

I cant give specific circumstances off the top of my but I can say that fps spikes are frequent enough to be a problem.

Also connecting to relay servers are longer than usual, as in im in the relay itself with the camera zoomed out and not connected to the relay for a few seconds as of arriving there. Possible its because of server strain on amount of players in same relay for the new stuff