Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Stomp Quiet?

Charion

so I downloaded U16 and overall I like how it has changed. Sure, there are a lot of bugs and I'm sure DE will eventually fix them. The thing that has REALLY been rustling my jimmies is Rhino's stomp.

Why the HELL is it so damn quiet?!?!

what possible explanation does DE have to change that??

the thing is (and I hope it's safe to assume that most of the players feel this way too) Rhino's abilities should represent strength and brute force.
Charge, iron skin, and roar does a good job representing that, and stomp should give off the impression that when Rhino stomps on the ground with such tremendous force, it shocks the whole area, lifting enemies into the air. so why does stomping sound like someone connected a propane tank to a grill and turned the valve on??
it's infuriating and I despise it.
does anyone else feel the same way?

LOL ...I asked myself the same question.  I find it rather weird and it feels strange that a big tank like Rhino would have such a quiet stomp. Doesn't feel nor sound right.  Like you said Rhino's abilities should represent Strength and Brute Force.

No, I'm pretty sure most people aren't infuriated about a volume change on one skill that may well be unintentional.

You should have seen how infuriated people where when they changed the sound on the twin vipers I believe it was. Oh man!

so I downloaded U16 and overall I like how it has changed. Sure, there are a lot of bugs and I'm sure DE will eventually fix them. The thing that has REALLY been rustling my jimmies is Rhino's stomp.

the thing is (and I hope it's safe to assume that most of the players feel this way too) Rhino's abilities should represent strength and brute force.

Charge, iron skin, and roar does a good job representing that, and stomp should give off the impression that when Rhino stomps on the ground with such tremendous force, it shocks the whole area, lifting enemies into the air. so why does stomping sound like someone connected a propane tank to a grill and turned the valve on??

+1 to this.  made a thread in the sound forum feedback but literally nobody is going to see that topic.

Rhino is stomping the ground so hard that he is literally disrupting the flow of time.

The nearly silent sound is AWFUL.  This is seriously the worst change in the entire update.

Can't believe they neutered the frame like this.

It's a sound effect change on one skill.  It does not "neuter" a frame (change the effectiveness) and I'd hardly call it the worst change of the update (U16 has a number of major bugs like crashing in boss fights that are far worse).

If you don't like the change that's fine and give proper feedback, but please don't act like the world is ending because of a sound effect change.

It's a sound effect change on one skill.  It does not "neuter" a frame (change the effectiveness) and I'd hardly call it the worst change of the update (U16 has a number of major bugs like crashing in boss fights that are far worse).

If you don't like the change that's fine and give proper feedback, but please don't act like the world is ending because of a sound effect change.

I'm not acting like it's the end of the world, If I was then that would be deleting the game from my computer.

and like I SAID, I realize there are a lot of bugs out there, and yes it's horrible. But I'm sure DE will eventually fix it.

but Rhino's stomp seems like a change the DE thinks is acceptable to not be touched again (which is why I'm posting)... and it makes no sense!!!! the sound just seems so out of place.

I'm giving proper feeback, what else do you want? 

Neuter -

(of an animal) lacking developed sexual organs, or having had them removed.

The only way to neuter him further would be to remove his codpiece on his design.

You had no idea what the change even was and you were still shooting down the OP's feedback.  Bugs are not intended and this was intentional.  I don't even know why you are comparing bugs to intentional changes.

IMO, the change to stomp is the worst thing DE has ever done; it's worse than Nullifiers on release.

you were still shooting down the OP's feedback. 

No, I was stating that you all are overreacting.

It's fine to not like the new sound effect.  That's fine, state you don't like it.  State why you don't like it, that's good.

But.. saying that a sound effect change to one skill of one frame is one of the worst changes that DE has ever made is overreacting.

Like seriously overreacting.

I am stating I do not like the new sound.  Why I don't like it?  Because the sound don't fit the frame.  A tank frame should sound and feel like a TANK.  When I played Rhino and heard the new sound I couldn't stop laughing.  All laughter put aside...Rhino now sounds like a little girl stomping.  I felt rather embarrassed using him.  Seriously for the life of me I can't figure out why DE changed the sound of the stomp on Rhino.  Rhino is a frame that I will put in the closet like I did when they changed Nova. Another one bites the dust.

No, I was stating that you all are overreacting.

It's fine to not like the new sound effect.  That's fine, state you don't like it.  State why you don't like it, that's good.

But.. saying that a sound effect change to one skill of one frame is one of the worst changes that DE has ever made is overreacting.

Like seriously overreacting.

Sorry but it is actually the worst thing DE has ever changed imo.

The sound doesn't even sync up with the stomp.  This sounds like something the belongs on ash's/loki's invisibility.  It gets drowned out by other skills.

I'm not against sound changes.  I am against this awful change that ruins the feel of a frame.

Can you list the mods you have equipped? Thanks.

Personally I would love to hear the original Rhino Stomp sound again (from around Update 8).

You can hear it in this video

https://youtu.be/jLX6fMz3mJo?t=2m5s

Also disliking the new sound. I thought it was a bug :/

You cetainly need some BANG following that stomp

ehhh, I mean the stomp in the video is a lot better than the stomp we have now, I just feel like the sound effect before U16 was perfect, it was loud and you could here the cracking of the entire areas ground.

it was...... glorious.

Can you list the mods you have equipped? Thanks.

My Rhino Prime Stomp is actually completely muted. I can't hear it at all other than the after effect of his stomp. 

Mods i have on are -Rifle Amp(Maxed), Vitality(Maxed), Streamline(Maxed), Intensity(Maxed), Piercing Roar(Maxed), Vigor(Maxed), Blind Range(7), Primed Flow(8), Primed Continuity(7).

Edited by Aaron86V

ehhh, I mean the stomp in the video is a lot better than the stomp we have now, I just feel like the sound effect before U16 was perfect, it was loud and you could here the cracking of the entire areas ground.

it was...... glorious.

Maybe rhino could have that metallic stomp sound when iron skinned. And a lighter sounding stomp when non iron skinned? Just a little thought. I do also love the old stomp, made you feel powerful stomping the ground. And sound is important, what is good, you dont tamper with and make less awesome.