Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Frames Movement Much Slower

Tenderdm

After I played the new PVP today, I find it rather disappointing. The game is very laggy, it is hard to hit the target event during melee. Also it is next to impossible to stop someone if they copter back to their base after captured the Cephalon.

I think the problem happened because:

1, The game is using peer-to-peer server (this has been proven in many fast paced fps that it cause huge delay)

2, The movement of the frames is way too fast (even faster then most of the fps nowadays)

The two things come to together make the matter dramatically worse.

I understand the first problem will probably can't be fixed soon (if ever), so I suggest make the movement during PVP slower, this way it way compensate the connection delay between host and client.

Edited by Tenderdm

Sigh, as an expert copter/wall-vaulter I have to agree. If PvP is ever going to be accessible to the average player then these tools need to be toned down. Especially in a capture the flag scenario a mobility expert will be mostly pretty much untouchable. There might be workarounds to shut them down. But there will just be too much rage from non-copter users.

On the other hand would slowing everyone down just turn the game from Smash Bros. Melee to Smash Bros. Brawl? If we're that much slower would it feel like the same game? I'm thinking there has to be a compromise. The tools need to still be an available part of the mobility repetoire, but they need to be toned down so you don't easily become so un-hittable and unstoppable.

What I suggest is making everything slower, especially the copter.

I've also got the feeling that it may change the feeling of the whole game, but I think it worth the try because I personally think that Warframe game play is getting way too fast, even in PVE, that you can't even plan any tactic at all.