Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reddit Has It Right With These U16 Stealth Nerfs.

VikingHelm

Reddit. Stay classy Tenno.

Are you implying the sycophant board is better?

Seriously though I want to love this game so much, I really do I used to genuinely enjoy it, My plan had been to come home tonight, play this game all night and possibly buy and spend some platinum rushing chroma. I come home to this giant unholy mess of a patch full of stealth nerfs that demonstrate nothing but pure disdain for their players (AGAIN) and my will to play just evaporated, all I can feel is disappointment and bitter resentment at the state of this game.

Edited by Baruti

It frustrates me after reading the credit rewards were cut in half for void missions. Leveling up mods is really expensive and a slow process if your trying to hold onto your credits for other things like market BP, kubrow maintenance, ranking up with syndicates, trading, and building items in your liset.

I would like the rewards to stay the same. I like knowing I'm getting, if not close to, 10,000 credits from T1 missions. 

I KNEW the credits were borked! I just new it! Did a bunch of Dark Sector defenses to farm Neural Sensors and Neurodes and I got maybe 2.3k credits each time.

Been doing Voids and only seeing a couple thousand credits per run instead of the 10-25k I'm used to seeing. This sucks! Now how am I supposed to get credits? (And I swear to GOD if anyone says buy boosters...)

Thanks Obama! DE

Edited by Tyrarl

I'd like to quote another post that someone made on reddit because I feel like he voices my feelings far better than I ever could.

[–]UltraMegaMegaMangrinding = content 44 points

5 hours ago

all i read from forums is that this game is getting grindier and grindier and that DE has been nerfing all the farm mechanics that can make the game a little easier. What's up with that?

Well, what's up with that is that the game has been getting grindier and grindier, & DE has been nerfing all farm mechanics that can make the game a little easier.
Like if you think the latest AFK implementation where players don't gain energy was added to inhibit people who are actually AFK instead of an intentional nerf to farming then you don't understand warframe.

People in my clan are talking about some nerfs to Excaliburs Radial Javelin, that it's been reverted to line-of-sight or worse than line of sight. I haven't confirmed it but if it's true it sure doesn't surprise me. There are apparently a ton of stealth nerfs undocumented changes in U16.

Long story short, there just isn't much success that DE won't punish. Did you get your redirection mod levelled up? Here's Grineer with 100% accuracy at 300 yards with Grakata and bleed procs. Do your abilities work on bosses? Not anymore they don't. Did you manage to cut the amount of time it takes you to run dailies get syndicate rep to under an hour per day? We'll nerf some Warframes with no warning, create nullifiers, reduce the rep from missions by half and move the remaining xp to a pixel hunt on hugeass levels filled with the aforementioned 100% accuracy Grineer or Nullifiers, and nerf more abilities on top of that. Let's increase the cost of random keys by a factor of 15 while reducing their value to less than what you can get in a level 10 excavation mission, or increase the ammo consumption on a gun by a factor of 7.

Balance is supposed to be a scalpel, and honestly I wouldn't be too upset if DE could restrict themselves to using a large hammer. Unfortunately the current concept of balance at DE is a 16 ton weight dropped from low orbit.

All of this is totally ok with the devs because they don't have to suffer through it. I am as certain as I can be that no high ranking devs actually go through the trouble to hit rep cap and find all the medallions on a daily basis. How could they? Who has the time, in addition to working a full time job?

DE still refuses to realize that none of the players actually want to run macros and sit around with a thumb up our ! for an hour a day to get rep. But it's the only way to do it in a reasonable timeframe. We don't want to sit afk for an hour with Banshee and greedy pull. We don't want to do that, but we have to. It's not the players fault that things are this way. We're just playing the game that the devs made.

The devs don't like it, and we don't either. But it gets harder and harder to get rewards, and the difficulty keeps scaling up, up, up, and it takes more and more time. There are so many missions and instances where it is nigh-impossible to play or win "legitimately". Tier 4 survival. Orokin Derelict Survival. Draco and other interception missions versus high level Grineer.

It would great, nay, FUN if it were possible to play these missions as an interactive game, with gunplay and a judicious use of abilities, and then receive a reasonable reward for your invested time. It isn't, and you don't. If you poke your head out on Draco it will be removed, and if you manage to kill 30 enemies they are replaced with 30 more in 5 seconds or less. So we resort to ridiculous, Rube-Goldbergesque synergy combos to cheese our way through. We're not really playing a game anymore, just theorycrafting and implementing ability algorithms. Then DE nerfs or removes those out of an apparent desire that we should be winning "legitimately" despite the fact that it's impossible, and it starts all over.

Every update the grind gets worse, more time gates get added, more obstacles and costs. And every update DE tries to resolve the causes by addressing the symptoms, and just makes things worse.

months ago, and it's only gotten worse since. In the one aspect that Destiny is probably a better game than Warframe, Bungie actually learned and increased the drop rate of items in order to reduce grinding, promote gameplay, and make players happier. It worked.

Reducing rewards, nerfing every effective ability and strategy, and increasing the grind isn't going to reduce the need to farm and grind. It only increases it. A few streams ago the topic of rep and farming came up and DE Scott said "We want people to actually play the game." My immediate response was "That's funny, because that's exactly what I would say to you."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2zq1d4/psa_dark_sector_credits_have_been_nerfed_by_50_or/cplgdxa

Edited by Baruti

I logged into reddit and upvoted the heck out of you.... seriously DE has clearly lost touch with warframe when they went hey the players totally want orkion cells in T4 surivial and less rare cores..... but don't worry we will give you vastly inferior ways to earn rare cores. Warframe hates efficiency a lot apparently with dark sector credit nerf I don't even know. 

Had a read through the link OP and found some valid points I hadn't considered.

I have a lot of respect for what DE have created I but don't like how these changes went on unannounced. I welcome the SG nerf with open arms, but they really should have disclosed the full extent in the update notes. As for the credit earning being slashed... again, not something I read in the patch note, what the hell is up with that? Is it so it takes even longer for us to rank our R10s? Or buy more boosters?

*EDIT* Though I could be jumping the gun with the credit thing. It could just be a bug. I do hope so.

Edited by Dualice

I'd like to quote another post that someone made on reddit because I feel like he voices my feelings far better than I ever could.

[–]UltraMegaMegaMangrinding = content 44 points

5 hours ago

Well, what's up with that is that the game has been getting grindier and grindier, & DE has been nerfing all farm mechanics that can make the game a little easier.

"all i read from forums is that this game is getting grindier and grindier and that DE has been nerfing all the farm mechanics that can make the game a little easier. What's up with that?"

Like if you think the latest AFK implementation where players don't gain energy was added to inhibit people who are actually AFK instead of an intentional nerf to farming then you don't understand warframe.

People in my clan are talking about some nerfs to Excaliburs Radial Javelin, that it's been reverted to line-of-sight or worse than line of sight. I haven't confirmed it but if it's true it sure doesn't surprise me. There are apparently a ton of stealth nerfs undocumented changes in U16.

Long story short, there just isn't much success that DE won't punish. Did you get your redirection mod levelled up? Here's Grineer with 100% accuracy at 300 yards with Grakata and bleed procs. Do your abilities work on bosses? Not anymore they don't. Did you manage to cut the amount of time it takes you to run dailies get syndicate rep to under an hour per day? We'll nerf some Warframes with no warning, create nullifiers, reduce the rep from missions by half and move the remaining xp to a pixel hunt on hugeass levels filled with the aforementioned 100% accuracy Grineer or Nullifiers, and nerf more abilities on top of that. Let's increase the cost of random keys by a factor of 15 while reducing their value to less than what you can get in a level 10 excavation mission, or increase the ammo consumption on a gun by a factor of 7.

Balance is supposed to be a scalpel, and honestly I wouldn't be too upset if DE could restrict themselves to using a large hammer. Unfortunately the current concept of balance at DE is a 16 ton weight dropped from low orbit.

All of this is totally ok with the devs because they don't have to suffer through it. I am as certain as I can be that no high ranking devs actually go through the trouble to hit rep cap and find all the medallions on a daily basis. How could they? Who has the time, in addition to working a full time job?

DE still refuses to realize that none of the players actually want to run macros and sit around with a thumb up our ! for an hour a day to get rep. But it's the only way to do it in a reasonable timeframe. We don't want to sit afk for an hour with Banshee and greedy pull. We don't want to do that, but we have to. It's not the players fault that things are this way. We're just playing the game that the devs made.

The devs don't like it, and we don't either. But it gets harder and harder to get rewards, and the difficulty keeps scaling up, up, up, and it takes more and more time. There are so many missions and instances where it is nigh-impossible to play or win "legitimately". Tier 4 survival. Orokin Derelict Survival. Draco and other interception missions versus high level Grineer.

It would great, nay, FUN if it were possible to play these missions as an interactive game, with gunplay and a judicious use of abilities, and then receive a reasonable reward for your invested time. It isn't, and you don't. If you poke your head out on Draco it will be removed, and if you manage to kill 30 enemies they are replaced with 30 more in 5 seconds or less. So we resort to ridiculous, Rube-Goldbergesque synergy combos to cheese our way through. We're not really playing a game anymore, just theorycrafting and implementing ability algorithms. Then DE nerfs or removes those out of an apparent desire that we should be winning "legitimately" despite the fact that it's impossible, and it starts all over.

Every update the grind gets worse, more time gates get added, more obstacles and costs. And every update DE tries to resolve the causes by addressing the symptoms, and just makes things worse.

months ago, and it's only gotten worse since. In the one aspect that Destiny is probably a better game than Warframe, Bungie actually learned and increased the drop rate of items in order to reduce grinding, promote gameplay, and make players happier. It worked.

Reducing rewards, nerfing every effective ability and strategy, and increasing the grind isn't going to reduce the need to farm and grind. It only increases it. A few streams ago the topic of rep and farming came up and DE Scott said "We want people to actually play the game." My immediate response was "That's funny, because that's exactly what I would say to you."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2zq1d4/psa_dark_sector_credits_have_been_nerfed_by_50_or/cplgdxa

^this thing right here is just beautiful, and so very true. 

it does seem that the enemies are way stronger than anything i throw at them. plus, it seems that they are dropping me faster than i can drop them. my shields go down in nearly under five seconds, when i could withstand some hella damage and still have enough shields(barely) to dish out some punishment before i need to run for cover. now I'm running for cover right after a two seconds. the bombards are cutting through my iron skin like a knife through butter, they destroy my shields like I'm a rag doll, and its like their wearing tank armor and I'm shooting paper bullets. 

the enemy have every advantage now over everything i put on my guns and frames. it makes almost no difference now. this is not how you buff enemies. if your adding enemies to add more challenge, cool i like that. but buffing the enemies to the point where your basically a fly just annoying someone? sorry but thats too much.

SOURCE:http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2zqr5k/the_great_thread_of_u16_stealth_nerfs/

I'm seeing a lot of stuff on a lot of places(Reddit and official forums) that isn't being mentioned or confirmed by DE. Can we just get it all in one place so we can see for ourselves what is true and what is not?

So far:

EDIT:

• Melee blocking no longer protects you from knockdown attacks like the heavy gunner.

• Excalibur stealth nerf(Radial Javelin back to line-of-sight and only front-facing, even worse than the Viver nerf- confirmed to be radial AoE again after hotfix, but still impacted by line of sight, still a hard nerf to Excal)

• Credit gain nerfs(credit gains in The Void and Dark Sectors have supposedly been cut in half)

• Khom nerf/rework(raw math is equal or better, but in reality a huge nerf due to damage falloff and removal of pellet bouncing)

• Synoid Gammacor damage nerf(ammo consumption and mag capacity nerfs were mentioned, damage was not)

If i missed anything in this update, please let me know in the comments and i'll include it in the OP.

Quite frankly, i am personally... less than content with this crap. I've been around since Update 7. Back in the day, there was a pretty big update with a lot of unmentioned changes and nerfs. People did not like that. DE said they'll avoid stealth changes in the future.

That was almost 2 years ago. And here we are now, in "the year of quality", where not even patch notes are complete. Bloody patch notes.

EDIT:

Excalibur Radial Javelin nerf confirmed as intended, just unmentioned:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/421728-hotfix-1602/?p=4681182#entry4681182

We understand there is some confusion regarding Radial Javelin’s recent adjustment. Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain. As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to. We apologize for the confusion this has caused and will do better to communicate these refinements in the future.

Personal opinion: complete and total goddamn bullS#&$.

They did the same S#&$ to Excal during the whole Viver fiasco. EVERYONE hated it. And now they think it's a good idea to do the very same thing again.

What. Just what.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Especially about the credit nerf in the void, because it's already hard enough to get credits in this game without a booster and now they're going to make it even harder. WHY DO STEATH NERF don't be scared about our feedback DE you don't have to sneak around and change the game without telling us what is going on. This game is perma-beta and we're paying for an incomplete product, if you want to make the best game you can then be UP FRONT with what you're doing or we can't help you.

Of course Reddit got it right. They are the one who pretty much documented every stealth nerfs every time it happened.

Seriously im getting tired of that crap and all the people who accept to get that treatment, this is freaking ridiculous.

Edited by Alphafox