Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Builds!

bluntpuffer

Question

Hi everyone i've been playing alot of chroma today and so far gotten 2 forma on him and am planning to get a third.

I've been fighting with his build for a bit but have figured out a quiet solid solo build so far wich works really well for me.

If you have suggestions on builds, solo or supportive feel free to share ! 

So my build is built towards electric energy wich boosts your shields by a little but most importantly, it stuns enemies that shoot you within range !!! Also you build more armor with the vex armor buff as you will have more shields.

This is why in my opinion electricity is definetly the way to go.

Other then that he has a quite large energy pool making him viable to use quick thinking and rage.

I've got a normal flow on at the moment put am planning to stick in a 3rd forma for primed flow.

He's built more towards duration so we can keep that stunlock shield and armor/damage boost up.

His base polarity is a V and is pretty much optional but i prefer having a D for health regen. Ofcourse using a dash is also very viable.

I hope you guys will enjoy this build as much as i do !

Edit : I have replaced intensify with stretch so my closeby team mates receive the buff too and we CC more mobs! for solo i'm kinda of considering either handspring or leaving intensify on, just can't pick :)

7QNwOju.jpg?1

Edited by bluntpuffer

I would remove Narrow Minded for Stretch. His abilities have VERY short range already, and don't need to be shorter. Ontop of that, not too bad a build

Hi stormandreas. I was wondering why you think that range is needed for a solo build. Does range affect the electric stun proc range of his shields?

Looks nice. I was considering Rejuvenation for the aura, as he doesn't seem to have any way of regaining health via his abilities. There are syndicate weapons and/or Life Strike melee I guess, but having to restrict weapon choices to play a 'frame more effectively seems a bit lame.

How do you find energy usage? I find even with full efficiency I'm often running dry. I guess Rage sorts out a fair bit of that.

Looks nice. I was considering Rejuvenation for the aura, as he doesn't seem to have any way of regaining health via his abilities. There are syndicate weapons and/or Life Strike melee I guess, but having to restrict weapon choices to play a 'frame more effectively seems a bit lame.

How do you find energy usage? I find even with full efficiency I'm often running dry. I guess Rage sorts out a fair bit of that.

I had some energy issues myself aswell, rage helps with this issue alot indeed. The fun part is that he can even take some hits and regain energy pretty quick.

Hi stormandreas. I was wondering why you think that range is needed for a solo build. Does range affect the electric stun proc range of his shields?

I do believe it does.

I'm just one of those who likes a fully rounded build which allows use of all abilities. It will also increase Spectral Screams range as well.

I do believe it does.

I'm just one of those who likes a fully rounded build which allows use of all abilities. It will also increase Spectral Screams range as well.

+Range in fact reduces your lighting arc range. Tested it's range with no +/- range mods, it was arcing to enemies 12 meters away. I then tried with Overextended and Stretch both equipped then find out that my arcing range went down to 6 meters. Afterwards I only used Narrowminded (7/10) and increased the arcing range to 13.5 meters. 

Edited by JayOutre

I think that most people miss the point of actually choosing Chroma. 

Why would you bring him to battle? Why not any other warframe?

With that in mind, you have to adjust your build to work with Chroma has that nothing other warframe have: Defensive buff or Cred boost.

If you want to buff your team, you have to maximize Power Strengh and Power Range. Duration is good for yourself (due to the mechanism of Vex Armor), but for your teammates its not that necessary. Efficiency is also something you don't have to worry.

And for creds... well, i don't know Effigy well enough to say what's best for it, but im sure it works. 

Here's what I've been using and it's fantastic:

2015-03-23_00046_zpsen9rid9n.jpg2015-03-23_00045_zps0uyfnacb.jpg2015-03-23_00042_zps8was2afv.jpg

Range doesn't afect the senty's attack range so i've just been going nuts.

Critting for ~30k on the low end and ~200K once the buffs get higher.

Rage, Life Steal, Quick Thinking, Berserker, and Justice Blades tear up crowds and keep Chroma alive and constantly buffing damage.

Edit: Tried thsi in a raid today. Fantastic.

Edited by Nusquam_Ubiquitous

Dat armor tho. He may be one of the only frames that gains benefit from Steel Fiber.

Anyone know how SF interacts with his various armor boosts? Is the +% armor added from Vex armor base, or total?

If it's base armor, SF doesn't seem like a great choice. Vex is like +650%-994% armor depending on power strength; if that's base only that's 2275-3493 armor without SF... the added 385 armor from SF seems pretty insignificant. But if the abilities modify total armor, thats an increase of 2500-3825 armor, basically doubling it.

Edit: After testing, Vex Armor multiplies the armor boosts from both SF and Ice Ward, increasing armor substantially.

Edited by Darzk

Here's what I've been using and it's fantastic:

2015-03-23_00046_zpsen9rid9n.jpg

This is similar to what I run, except I have Steel Fiber instead of Vigor and Constitution instead of Streamline. I'm going to try yours out

Edited by Falkland