Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Increase In Drain From 9 To 11 For Cold Mods Makes It No Longer Possible To Fit 3 Different Damage Type Combinations With Any 1 Set Of Polarities.

TheDandyLion

Your comment is equally as useful. Read my post right above yours for simple solution.

I did read your post, and what you posted is not a solution to the problem that exists within the game. Therefore it is meaningless to me, since your solution simply does not exist, despite how good of an idea it is (and yeah, I agree it should have been in the game by now.)

Edited by Flowen231

I'm not entirely sure how this resolves the problem. If I had the patience to, I could just switch around where the polarities are located on my weapon every single time I wanted to mod the weapon. Yet no amount of switching around WHERE the mods are being placed is going to change the fact that certain mod combinations (ones that are arguably quite useful) are straight up, 100% not possible on the same weapon.

Go ahead and put Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, and Seeker on the top row of your gun. Now, try to put all four pure elemental mods (radiation and viral/corrosive and blast, both considered the best elemental damage combinations for two of the three factions), just one element using both pure elementals and dual mods (such as pure viral for 4x Corrosive Projection, pure radiation/corrosive to concentrate those procs), then maximizing one damage type while having a bit of the second (three pure damage elementals with one dual mod, two pure damage elementals one IPS mod one dual mod, such as three for corrosive and one for heat). It's not possible, because putting an eighth polarity as D prevents you from doing the third case (as mentioned in the OP, a weapon like Despair would be better with radiation, puncture, and toxin which are four - mods and wouldn't fit), and not putting a D prevents you from doing a pure viral loadout.

It helps by allowing you a 30% boost when D is used. When D is wrong polarity, can use event mod for same damage previously (but get a status boost).

This of course requires that you have event mods. No one will move polarities before each match, but having different allows quick changes at same damage for some builds previously and 30% boost on others builds.

It is still a net boost although I do like some of your ideas. Particularly swapping g high damage to dash and events to D.

I did read your post, and what you posted is not a solution to the problem that exists within the game. Therefore it is meaningless to me, since your solution simply does not exist, despite how good of an idea it is (and yeah, I agree it should have been in the game by now.)

But it a net some gain (30%) on some builds (required D) and identical damage before the change if event mod (V) used in wrong D polarity slot. I've done this and know it's possible but I'm not going to go through the trouble to swap polarities just to change damage type. An event mod costs 9 in wrong polarity slot.

Edited by Educated_Beast

JustAn0ther understands this issue quite well and I appreciate the well written support.

I really hope we are not truly expected to get second sets of these weapons to resolve this issue. I really want this to be acknowledged on a dev stream and will keep bringing it up until it is.

JustAn0ther understands this issue quite well and I appreciate the well written support.

I really hope we are not truly expected to get second sets of these weapons to resolve this issue. I really want this to be acknowledged on a dev stream and will keep bringing it up until it is.

Now's your chance. They're going to answer 50 community questions in the next dev stream.