The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Players In The Raid

Latiac

First off. Sorry if this is in the completely wrong section.

Earlier I was playing the Raid and we were figuring out what it was we needed to do. During this a player decided to insult the whole group because the battery kept de-stabalising (Manics killing us while getting it there etc) and then proceeded to blame the whole group when he goes down, despite him being the only one at the complete other side of the map.

Screenshot below (Names censored) so you can see what it was exactly he said.

7zoAC00.jpg

Anyone else encountered toxic players while playing this raid, Anyone else noticed a rise of Toxic players now the raid has been introduced? this is the second time in a single day I have, I also have the uncensored version, is it worth sending it to support/ the helpdesk?

He said worse but I haven't managed to get that in a screenshot.

Edited by Latiac

First off. Sorry if this is in the completely wrong section.

Earlier I was playing the Raid and we were figuring out what it was we needed to do. During this a player decided to insult the whole group because the battery kept de-stabalising (Manics killing us while getting it there etc) and then proceeded to blame the whole group when he goes down, despite him being the only one at the complete other side of the map.

Screenshot below (Names censored) so you can see what it was exactly he said.

7zoAC00.jpg

Anyone else encountered toxic players while playing this raid, this is the second time in a single day I have, I also have the uncensored version, is it worth sending it to support/ the helpdesk?

Support wouldn't really do anything with this. They didn't swear or use any obscene words.

They seem like a**holes how ever. AGE RANGE: 10-12

Certainly is a shame to know that toxic players do infact exist within our community

Well, to be honest they were here before raids were implemented, they just didn't appear as often. Now raids are like a hub for toxic players. :/

It happens, in my case the more vocal guy in the raid was giving pretty good instructions and made it easy for what it seemed a squad mostly made of first time raiders. He didnt talk S#&$ when we made mistakes, and it went pretty well until the game bugged and we couldnt progress resulting in a mission abort.

It happens, in my case the more vocal guy in the raid was giving pretty good instructions and made it easy for what it seemed a squad mostly made of first time raiders. He didnt talk S#&$ when we made mistakes, and it went pretty well until the game bugged and we couldnt progress resulting in a mission abort.

We certainly need more players that understand people make mistakes, and ones that can help and guide them through said mistakes.

I can empathize with this guy, people are lazy, stupid and generally have the team skills of an atomic bomb. They hinder all progress then complain when someone points out how bad they are.

This player was Running around as a Invisible Loki P and contributing next to nothing to the group, While everyone else was hacking the consoles, making sure the battery didn't de-stabiblise and providing Crowd control. this player was idle and far away from the group...

I've been in a Raid with 8 people..

Next thing you know 3 are starting a flame war at some guy because he got downed/had a low Mastery Rank.

A good 30min are people swearing at each other..

I think we might have found the thing that ruins friendships more than Mario party

They should have put in a kick function into the game by now. Toxic players have always been in online gaming since dial up days. Without a kick function we are stuck with them. Hell if they wont put a kick function,  block button like in smite so you dont have to play with that person again.

They should have put in a kick function into the game by now. Toxic players have always been in online gaming since dial up days. Without a kick function we are stuck with them. Hell if they wont put a kick function,  block button like in smite so you dont have to play with that person again.

With a kick function added it would probably be abused.

And I think the ignore button does what you said, I think.

Toxic players have been here since the beginning,DE's just giving them new playgrounds.

Pointless to add a kick function (aside from the abuse it WILL bring) since once you reach a certain point in ANY mission you can't invite anyone...

Edited by Chaosyn

Yea because people are so clueless, so unaware and have the attention span of a rabbid squirrel. I can sympathize with this guy, he can't find 8 aware smart people that who are actually able to co-ordinate. From my expereince so far, relying on people is like trying to get a kindergarden class to do calculus I.

Edited by DrOP_

Yea because people are so clueless, so unaware and have the attention span of a rabbid squirrel. I can sympathize with this guy, he can't find 8 aware smart people that who are actually able to co-ordinate. From my expereince so far, relying on people is like trying to get a kindergarden class to do calculus I.

That's pubs for ya....risky business. Some work,most don't...

That said I can find pubs with 7 other decent people....IF I were to play anything other than solo...How you may ask? Don't take the first 7 morons you find...Watch how they talk in chat. Do some human research....Sure it'll take you longer to put that team together but isn't the lack of self face punching worth a bit more time?

PUG Raids are the perfect storm for hostility and trolling. In the few I've done there is all kinds of bad behavior. People are still learning and it's hard when this level of cooperation is needed instead of just aimlessly killing everything.

is he from your clan? or just a random player from region chat? honestly i cant imagine playing raids with random players, at least not this early. maybe a few weeks later when most players figured out what they should do, i will try some PUG raids... you know, to challenge myself