Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Welp, This Is A Discovery.

Original Post that caused me to lurk: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/42320-dark-sector-intro-movie-for-warframe-too/

Game: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dark-sector/63668

Dark Sector is made by DE. The main character is Hayden Tenno. It is a game in which we fight the Grineer, and it seems to be super cheap. I'll definitely be picking it up to see if the stories correlate, and keep my eye out for easter eggs in Warframe. DE, I love you.

Edit: Notice the use of the Glaive. 

Edited by Funnymouth_bluud.com

Am I the only person who'd never heard of Dark Sector before playing Warframe, but knew DE anyway from various (good) stuff they did for unreal back in the day~

e: wasn't under the impression they created unreal but they definitely made some damn fine mp content for it

Edited by FlanShark

Yeah, I remember DE saying the stories are unrelated. Darksector was originally gonna be dark future scifi with a suit that could grant abilities, but was scrapped due to executive meddling by the publishers. DE later went back, and Warframe is basically a return to the original concept.

Edited by Gadgez

yeah I just saw that post too. It was like, OMG how did I not notice that?  heck, in 2004, i was in middle school or something XD 

But then again, it reminds me of Killing Floor and how it started out as a cheesy game mod for the Unreal Tournament game.  now, its a very popular and fun game to play and it has changed BIG time.

<p>I vaguely thought WF had to do with DS when I first played and saw Excalibur, it reminded me of the technocyte stuff going on back in DS, and DE only stood out because of Bioshock, but once you get more into DE you come to see what they had planned and couldn't  go through with at the time and now it's shaping up to be quiet an awesome game ; )</p>

I'm getting this tomorrow for sure.

I've been considering getting it myself, too, but a lot of people have been saying that it feels unfinished, and there are some major problems with it (apparently) so I've been holding off a bit. It's on steam, you know.

But yeah, "you have been warned" and all that jazz.

I've been considering getting it myself, too, but a lot of people have been saying that it feels unfinished, and there are some major problems with it (apparently) so I've been holding off a bit. It's on steam, you know.

unfinished? The only unfinished thing was the MP. Other than that, it was a great single player game with a great gameplay and glaive usage. I enjoyed every minute of it

Edited by Venarge

3 Dollars at gamestop for a PS3 copy is fine for me. I've spent more money getting terrible games just for the fun of it, but this I want to give a fighting chance.

I exploded when I found it. I thought DE was some Indie team who just came up. I'll definitely be throwing more money to DE by buying this game.

Digital Extremes are the bakers that made Unreal Tournament be what it is today. They were linked by the hip with Epic for a long time, and afaik still are to some degree.

Dark Sector though... you should play it with a controler.