Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing Clan = Losing Mats Invested On Dojo?

AfterEight

Guys, what if you farm extensively to contribute to the clan dojo and then either the clan dissolves for whatever reason or you simply want to go somewhere else.

All the invested mats are gona be lost? Is that so?

Cheers

Kinda makes sense you would loose everyting you invested.  I mean it really isn't different from any other game WoW, EQ, Eve online, etc.  Each and every one of them if your ACTUALLY part of you guild/clan rather than just abusing them, then your have invested time, resources, money, etc in helping out the guild/clan in one form or another. 

Also adding resources is voluntary so if you don't want to invest you don't have to (well unless your clan kicks you out for not contributing that is).

no they said so in the livestream and i guess there is a way to get it back somehow..

They said that if when some one creates a build and people dont donate enough to get the build done stuff would be sent back.

Im going to guess that if something is completed your mats are gone so if you leave after it's completed you are not getting anything back.

The same thing while the item is being built.

I'd assume that would be the case. The only time you'll get your resources back, from what I've gathered, is if the project is cancelled. Then all donators get their materials back. Once the project is finished, the materials are gone for good. Don't make donations and expect to be able to get the materials back later. Once you make that donation they aren't yours anymore, they are the clan's. While the system obviously isn't out yet and I'm just guessing, that would be really strange if you could get your investments back just because you wanted to leave. That would be like, if you've played WoW, being an integral part of helping a guild getting a Feat of Strength (particularly hard/rare achievements) then wanting to take that achievement away from the guild just because you want to leave.

Well Brasten, i guess, that's how it is. I was just wondering, what about extreme cases, where clan leaders go nuts and delete all the stuff?
All the work and contribution. Gone. Just don't tell me: "thats life". ;)

Ain't there an elegant solution? My brilliant mind just hasn't come up with a one yet ;)

Well Brasten, i guess, that's how it is. I was just wondering, what about extreme cases, where clan leaders go nuts and delete all the stuff?

All the work and contribution. Gone. Just don't tell me: "thats life". ;)

Ain't there an elegant solution? My brilliant mind just hasn't come up with a one yet ;)

One, that's why clans have up to 4 Warlords I belive and multiple "builders" can under/cancel work set by another.

Two, that's what support tickets are for. If a clan leader goes nutty and locks everyone else out, then the rest of the clan should likely contact DE to moderate the situation.

Third, become a Lone Wolf or "Clan of 1" and just do everything yourself.

If you want a solution here's one. If we ever get individual "spaces/ships" make a Dojo tile that is like a Docking Bay or Corridor. Individuals can attach their private spaces to their current clan docking area. If they have redundant areas that have game impact (such as possibly hinted Reseach bays) then those areas present in the clan dojo get a slight bonus.

However I don't expect such a system.

Me neither. But i like your idea!
Taken a little further, a big enough clan could build a small flying city

As utopic that is, no other games have ever tried it yet.

A dutch architect Constant Nieuwenhuys had a very similar idea called New Babylon. A floating city, made of modules.

Quoting Wikipedia: "Constant's New Babylon was to be a series of linked transformable structures, some of which were themselves the size of a small city--what architects call a megastructure.

and here is how it could look like:

https://www.google.de/search?q=new+babylon&client=firefox-a&hs=H9v&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xi2MUZnDBI3ntQaIw4G4DA&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1080

Digital Extremes, take a look!

Me neither. But i like your idea!

Taken a little further, a big enough clan could build a small flying city

As utopic that is, no other games have ever tried it yet.!

Technically I think that's what Sim City 4 tried by making city areas smaller and trying to get people to rely on "friends" cities to supply things that couldn't fit in theirs.... Which was ultimately a failed idea for many reasons.

They said that if when some one creates a build and people dont donate enough to get the build done stuff would be sent back.

Im going to guess that if something is completed your mats are gone so if you leave after it's completed you are not getting anything back.

The same thing while the item is being built.

Also some can vote to simply NOT build it. For when you get something like a BP you want your Mats back you could vote and tell your clanmates you need your mats for the BP sort of things.