The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To The Game: What's The Matter With The Turbo Sliding?

Armage

hi everyone. I know nothing about grinding, farming, op items, underpowered frames ecc, and I won't talk about that.

There's a thing about this game that really bewilders me, it puzzles me, it shocks me and there's many more words I'd like to use to describe the feeling but you get the idea, I hope.

I mean... why the hell sliding makes you go SO FREAKING FASTER? seriously, this is a huge gameplay bummer.

As if it wasn't annoingly weird enough, the same crouch button makes you go as faster EVEN IN THE AIR.

I mean... WHY? I've been playing videogames like this for 15 years and this really looks like a 0.0001323 alpha version bug.

I saw this when I first tried this game when it came on steam like one year and a half ago (maybe it was early access, don't remember) and i thought "well, it's a crappy glitch of the early days", this and other crappy things made me uninstall the game right away.

Yesterday I reinstalled it, steam made good advertise of the latest amazing content and I thought "let's take a look at how things are now with this game". I see many things have changed, the game looks and works better in many ways but you still have this STUPID MOVEMENT MECHANIC. just tell me how is this possible. How is that gamers might like that, because there's no universe in where a gamer might enjoy moving like you have to do in this game.

please change this stupid thing. make it so that when you slide you have to go through the entire slide (until you are nearly still) or something like that. It makes me feel really silly to have to continuosly lightly tap on this button to have the "turbo" mode when it should be intended to just slide. It REALLY is shockingly stupid. And moreover is weird and annoying to see people do that all the time, they go fast like nobody in a game like this is meant to go. Or at least not nearly as frequently.

please, make the slide just a slide and not the TURBO button. Is it too much to ask for?

Actually, I'm astonished that a post like this one is even needed. Just fix this already.

Edited by Armage

Well, the slide is pretty much needed to get around quickly in warframe. Since all Warframes are abnormally slow(especially since they're ninjas) and parkouring isn't the fastest way of travel. Parkour should be much more improved with Parkour 2.0 coming out in U17 or maybe 18.

That movement mechanic is intended as is. as far as i am aware. Would you rather play like this is some sort of old cover mechanic game? movement ftw!

not everything is just black or white. And even then, couldn't they call the TURBO button instead of CROUCH? would make a lot more sense. (sarcasm)

They run about as fast as a pro athlete, it just feels slow because we're used to superspeed.

that's right

Edited by Armage

hi everyone. I know nothing about grinding, farming, op items, underpowered frames ecc, and I won't talk about that.

There's a thing about this game that really bewilders me, it puzzles me, it shocks me and there's many more words I'd like to use to describe the feeling but you get the idea, I hope.

I mean... why the hell sliding makes you go SO FREAKING FASTER? seriously, this is a huge gameplay bummer.

As if it wasn't annoingly weird enough, the same crouch button makes you go as faster EVEN IN THE AIR.

I mean... WHY? I've been playing videogames like this for 15 years and this really looks like a 0.0001323 alpha version bug.

I saw this when I first tried this game when it came on steam like one year and a half ago (maybe it was early access, don't remember) and i thought "well, it's a crappy glitch of the early days", this and other crappy things made me uninstall the game right away.

Yesterday I reinstalled it, steam made good advertise of the latest amazing content and I thought "let's take a look at how things are now with this game". I see many things have changed, the game looks and works better in many ways but you still have this STUPID MOVEMENT MECHANIC. just tell me how is this possible. How is that gamers might like that, because there's no universe in where a gamer might enjoy moving like you have to do in this game.

please change this stupid thing. make it so that when you slide you have to go through the entire slide (until you are nearly still) or something like that. It makes me feel really silly to have to continuosly lightly tap on this button to have the "turbo" mode when it should be intended to just slide. It REALLY is shockingly stupid. And moreover is weird and annoying to see people do that all the time, they go fast like nobody in a game like this is meant to go. Or at least not nearly as frequently.

please, make the slide just a slide and not the TURBO button. Is it too much to ask for?

Actually, I'm astonished that a post like this one is even needed. Just fix this already.

You don't HAVE to make use of the mechanic. I and many others like the mechanic. Maybe next time you should do even the most brief of searches so that you don't make yourself look like a fool with claims like the one I underlined.

Agreed OP. Silly immersion breaking movement mechanics like this and coptering need to go and I hope they do with Parkour 2.0. 

I'd rather they stay. 'muh immersion' is by far the silliest reason I've ever heard given for why these mechanics should be removed. If DE was smart they'd improve parkour with parkour 2.0 and leave other unrelated movement mechanics alone. The sheer amount of hate they'd receive if they got rid of coptering should be reason enough to leave it in game. The existence of maglev should be reason enough for 'turbo sliding' being left in game.

There's an old shooter called Starsiege: Tribes, where a bug called "skiing" was a huge part of what gave the game its dedicated fanbase and therefore its cult status. Like coptering in Warframe, it's what sets these games apart from the other shooters.

Is...Is it really that big of a deal? It's just a silly little mechanic that people enjoy, calm down.

I understand that it might not be a big deal for everyone. I'm just saying that it's a stupid thing and the game could be more enjoyable for everyone if the "RUN" button would make you go as fast as you can (ofc, not counting special abilities or something like that). If people fear they'd go too slow without this "glitch" as it is now, there's many way to fix that.

I understand that it might not be a big deal for everyone. I'm just saying that it's a stupid thing and the game could be more enjoyable for everyone if the "RUN" button would make you go as fast as you can (ofc, not counting special abilities or something like that). If people fear they'd go too slow without this "glitch" as it is now, there's many way to fix that.

Just having the ability to run fast wouldn't help us break the physics engine.