Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does Damage Work In This Game

prodavit

Question

I am shame to say with over 800+ hours i don't really know how raw damage work in this game. So I understand that they're different kind of damage like slash and puncher along with elemental damage but when you put on a weapon it does not tell the what your damage would be per hit. I'm not talking about procing stat. I talking about every time you swing or shoot or what ever. Is it the damage the total damage like slash, impact and puncture added up? Does your elemental damage add to that? if it does then what's the point of procing stat?

7 answers to this question

A weapon's damage breakdown should be listed in it's stats. Most start with the basic 3 physical types (slash, puncher, impact), but mods can add primary elements (heat, cold, toxin, electric) if not already present, then mixing 2 primaries makes a secondary (corrosive, radiation, magnetic, gas, viral, blast) for more specialized targets. Check damage 2.0 in the wiki for strengths and weaknesses.

Adding mods for elements ADDs to the total damage based on a % of the base, and is then scaled by things like serration that effect all damage.

Edited by Photon95

I'm still confuse if elemental damage add damage to your every shot. because in the wiki it say it doesn't, unless im miss-understanding it 

Short answer: yes they do.

Long answer: Suppose you shoot a corpus crewman with two bullets. Both bullets do 100 cold damage and 100 slash damage. A corpus crewman has a shield, so the first bullet hits the shield. BOTH cold and slash damage are applied to the enemy, with the cold dealing more damage against the shield and slash doing less against it. Lets say that this first bullet has caused the crewmans shields to go down.

The second bullet (now that the shields are down) will also apply cold and slash damage to the crewmans body. Since the crewman is flesh, slash damage will do more and cold will do less. 

I'm still confuse if elemental damage add damage to your every shot. because in the wiki it say it doesn't, unless im miss-understanding it 

All Elemental Damage adds bonus on every shot.  Status Effects from different damage types can happen randomly on every shot in accordance with your weapon's status chance.  This includes both the three physical damage types (Impact, Slash, and Puncture) and the various Elemental types and combos.  

IE: All damage types always do damage, and have a chance to proc their linked status effect.