Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Frost's Snowglobe Affected By Armor Boosting Abilities?

Omni_Omega

As a theory, if Frost is affected by any number of armor boosting abilities ( Ex: Warcry, Ice Elemental Ward ) and then activates Snowglobe, since Snowglobe's health is affected by armor will it benefit from these ability buffs?

I realize it is extremely difficult to test, but if globe is affected that could be an excellent strategy.

Ohhh, this would be fun. I've been hoping for awhile that DE would add a counter, perhaps where we have our buffs located, showing how much health the globe has. It would help us know whether theres a hard cap to its health if we spam it, and whether these abilities effect it.

aurora is ugly tho

and strenght buffs every his spell not just one

Damage wise, sure, but the damage doesnt scale making it useless against higher level enemies. Aurora being ugly is just your subjective opinion, don't use it if you don't like it. I like it, and its better than Squall for the globe so i'm doubly happy.

It's health is affected by Frosts armour. 500% of it is added to the globe. Steel fiber > Intensify. Arcane Aurora > Arane Squall.

Actually no, testing with the numbers suggest otherwise.

Maximized Power Strength and a Rank 3 Snow Globe will give you a globe with 10465HP.

Max. Power Str. = Blind Rage + Transient Fortitude + Intensify + Arcane Squall Helmet

Whereas, Maximized Armor and a Rank 3 Snow Globe will provide a globe with approximately 5733HP.

Max. Armor = Steel Fiber + Arcane Aurora Helmet.

Maximized Power Strength and a Rank 3 Snow Globe will give you a globe with 10465HP.

Max. Power Str. = Blind Rage + Transient Fortitude + Intensify + Arcane Squall Helmet

Whereas, Maximized Armor and a Rank 3 Snow Globe will provide a globe with approximately 5733HP.

but armor have special effect for first 3 seconds of unkillable globe

rendering It into 20 times more effective late-game

I merely said that mathematically Steel fiber is better than Intensify , and Aurora is better than Squall. A maxed steel fiber provides frost with an extra 209 armour, times that by 5 and you have roughly 1000 added health to the globe, compared to intensifys added 900 health. 

I was wrong about Aurora though, Squall is better. *Logs in to change build*

Edited by DeMonkey

Squall is better for the Globe and his damaging abilities (+525 Globe health), but reduces Frost's shields, while Aurora (+237.5 Globe health) generally results in an increase in effective health. 

Intensify is slightly better for the Globe, but SF also adds considerably to Frosts effective health.

Steel Fiber provides 209 armor, which is +1045 health to the Globe.

Intensify provides an extra 30% of the base 3500 health, which is +1050 health.

AFAIK the armor boosting abilities will add to the globe's health, but it's not really worth the effort of setting it up. It doesn't really matter whether the globe has a few thousand extra strength - it might live a few seconds longer - because you'll still need to recast pretty quick after the 4 seconds of immunity are up. Efficiency is really the most important stat for SG; the others are just tweaks. So long as you've got a 12.5 energy globe you're going to be fine.

Squall is better for the Globe and his damaging abilities (+525 Globe health), but reduces Frost's shields, while Aurora (+237.5 Globe health) generally results in an increase in effective health. 

Intensify is slightly better for the Globe, but SF also adds considerably to Frosts effective health.

Steel Fiber provides 209 armor, which is +1045 health to the Globe.

Intensify provides an extra 30% of the base 3500 health, which is +1050 health.

AFAIK the armor boosting abilities will add to the globe's health, but it's not really worth the effort of setting it up. It doesn't really matter whether the globe has a few thousand extra strength - it might live a few seconds longer - because you'll still need to recast pretty quick after the 4 seconds of immunity are up. Efficiency is really the most important stat for SG; the others are just tweaks. So long as you've got a 12.5 energy globe you're going to be fine.

Drat, i thought his globe had 3k health... *re-logs in to re-change build*