Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur + Lex/lex Prime

LeopoldObelix

Excal's Slash Dash itself is incredibly overpowered. During missions I have played, the Dash alone knocked out a full Rhino Skin (Before the Rhino nerf) And combo-ed with the Lex Prime can easily two shot (One shot without Iron Skin) Or even flat out kill a player with a headshot.

Rhino needed a nerf, now so does Excalibur's Primary attack. The lex can stay, as it is a slow shooting weapon it can be easy to dodge, just maybe less chance to blow somebody away with two bullets.

Oneshots have to go. From skills in particular.

I think the Volt Ulti can stay though, it takes a large time to charge up and moves at a reasonable pace that you can escape if you see him leap into the air, and if it is to be nerfed at all then simply make it so that it stops/slows the player similar to Rhino's stomp.

I think the Volt Ulti can stay though, it takes a large time to charge up and moves at a reasonable pace that you can escape if you see him leap into the air, and if it is to be nerfed at all then simply make it so that it stops/slows the player similar to Rhino's stomp.

volts ult, alike the rest of skills, needs to have his color locked to his team´s color, heres no way to tell who casted what

No matter what. Oneshots are toxic for Balanced PVP.

volt's ulti is balanced because you can still back away and shoot them (ult stops working when volt is dead even though you can still see it) and it has casting time

excal's radial javelin is faster, but only hits line of sight within a mediumish range, so still okay

what i want to talk about is slash dash

rhino's dash is okay because it has a terrible radius, you pretty much have to hit dead on

excal's slash dash extends beyond its visible aura, which makes me wonder what is going on

Edited by weirdee

It takes 2 slash dashs to kill most targets  but it does need a nerf either stun effect(stagger) taken away or length of the dash needs to be shortened.

What about Excalibur Prime? Because I the last game I just ran I was one-hit three times by the same person with just slash dash, and he didn't have any weapons firing.

volts ult, alike the rest of skills, needs to have his color locked to his team´s color, heres no way to tell who casted what

QFT. That and make the visual more transparent, as in bubble not only lines on the ground. 

I don't see why people complain about 1 shots in pvp. I think its awesome, if you can 1 shot, and everyone can also 1 shot, its pretty much up to who is good at dodging, timed rolling, aiming which all conclude to: 

Hint : Skills.

Not always. In 1vs1 scenario in which every move has a counter 1-2 hit kills are ok like in Dark Souls. However due to Warframe being a clusterfuck of 4vs4 rotflcoptering you can often get killed without any chance to react which is not ok.

It works for Dark Souls because it's slooooow and you open yourself for a counter after each attack. In comparison Excal can perform 4 Slash Dashes in a row, miss all of them and then happily copter away (+ he is invincible while doing them). No penalty for missing a OHK is as bad as it gets in PvP. 

Edited by tisdfogg

I like OHKO's existing in-game, but only as results for skillful play such as scoring headshots with slow firing weapons (slow like Bows, not AkLex!) or nailing someone with a Volt No.4 while they are within 3 meters of you (i.e. you would only take 1/2 damage when out of that range but still getting hit). These kind of things can't be spammed, they require forethought when you approach a target. Miss that arrow and you likely get punished while you try and load up another one. Trigger your Volt No.4 at the wrong time and only do half damage to your target? They should be able to shoot you out of the air during your recovery animation. 

If you can pull off a charged-bow-headshot on a non buffed (e.g. no Rhino Skin) target, it feels thankless if the target just keeps on trucking- skilled shooting is not rewarded and THAT encourages people to just aim center mass and throw lead down-range with no variation.

We're trying to encourage variation and skill based individual play styles here, not create a new chapter of power-creep with straight up progression. That said, a skill that has no cooldown, is not hard to hit with and costs only 25 energy should not have that much offensive ability. Maybe Slash Dash could cause reduced damage and cause anyone hit by it to be stunned for 1 second, or have melee disabled for a few seconds? I like the no melee idea because it suits Excal's melee theme and also turns SDash into more of a utility/mobility skill than a damage one. People could still roll away and continue to fire on him if they react fast enough, and shotguns would hard counter him something awful XP

Edited by psyanide

Use coptering and directional melee to your advantage, some players cannot aim so well against fast moving players. You can get killed by guns without any chance to react at the moment too. Trust me, I played conclave 1.0 for almost a year, 1-3 shot weapons so much better to play with and against. Its very challenging and entertaining.

I do all the time (coptering and directional melee). You misunderstand, I'm not having any problems with surviving and scoring kills in PvP. In fact when I'm on my Excal and I get 50 energy some poor sod is already a dead man walking (not to mention 100 energy and RJ). But that is the point right there - when I do kill someone with OKH it doesn't feel like I "earned" it. I just had more energy than him and/or better skillset (e.g. Chroma literally can't one shot with abilities).

As for guns it's more fair because you have to aim them far more precisely than abilities. Like bows which have travel time and slow rate of fire. 

In the end I guess it's a perspective thing, like you said you're petty used to this kind of PvP and I'm used to a different one. The lack of punishment for missed OKH and how easy it is to perform them rubs me the wrong way. 

Edit: For the record, I very much like the current PvP. 

Edited by tisdfogg

pull out a bow with its OHK on a fully charged headshot, see how easy and unpunishing it is

I rarely quote myself but:

As for guns it's more fair because you have to aim them far more precisely than abilities. Like bows which have travel time and slow rate of fire. 

I guess reading the post you quote completely is even more difficult than pulling off headshots with the bow. 

oh i did read that

does not change the fact that a bow HS is a OHK, and not landing it is probably the most punishing thing in 2.0 atm

and, while we're on the subject, bows got their damage taken away, but were given NOTHING to compensate, not even draw time, so no, they're not fair

Read and did not understand, apparently. Otherwise, what was the point of your post? I specifically refereed to those OHK that are easy to land, not the bow as quoted. By the way I agree that the nerf to bows was uncalled for. If you wanna pick a fight start a thread about the bow nerf, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who disagree with you. 

i did read and i did understand

i think you did not understood my point

(...) As for guns it's more fair because you have to aim them far more precisely than abilities. Like bows which have travel time and slow rate of fire. (...)

i did not compute how can you think bows are even close to fair - they're absolute S#&$ right now, and extremely punishing to use - and right after that you generalize

(...) The lack of punishment for missed OKH and how easy it is to perform them rubs me the wrong way. (...)

only way to OHK with a bow is to land a >headshot< that is >fully charged< with a >projectile<

i didnt understand how could you write that this is fair in any way

im not talking abilities or overall, you made it seem like bows are fiiiiine

tho, by your last post i see that you dont, so my apologies

Edited by onemoonlight

snip

No need to apologies, I was cranky myself. 

Well, I thought I made my point clear, I was speaking more in general "guns vs skills" terms. To reiterate: Easy to land OHK are bad, skillful ones are fine, bows got nerfed for no reason at all. Enough derailment for one day, let's carry on with the topic.   

Edited by tisdfogg

... due to Warframe being a clusterfuck of 4vs4 rotflcoptering you can often get killed without any chance to react which is not ok.oing them). No penalty for missing a OHK is as bad as it gets in PvP. 

I found this absolutely hilarious as well as correct. The fact that there are so many people running around it should not be possible to have one person come in and kill an entire team.