Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gamersfirst Partnership

CapricaSix

Such optimism, I hope you're right and Warframe will be an exception in their selection of games, but it's not quite like amazon or steam really.

As far as I'm aware they pretty much "own" the cash shop in APB:R and Fallen Earth, can't speak for the other titles, their own representatives announce the new items on the forums and they're "blamed" for the high pricing even by the devs themselves when the vocal minority on the forums express their concerns {mildly put}, which leads me to believe that APB devs have near to no say in the cash shops, but that's just an assumption. We can only hope that won't be the case for Warframe.

Yeah but they bailed out APB. Which gave them access to a lot more control. The latest Livestream hinted at the fact that with all the support from the community, Warframe is currently well funded on it's own. Other than uncharacteristic greed on DE's part, they would have no motivation to use Gamersfirst for anything other than distribution.

Oh god...just when i thought i found a game i really like...gamerfirst are suddenly in the picture?

i don't care how they are connected i am worried none the less about the future of warframe...

Other than uncharacteristic greed on DE's part, they would have no motivation to use Gamersfirst for anything other than distribution.

Lol! Dude, this stuff isn't done cause they felt like making a game for the hek of it and just threw it out there. This thing has to make money that any and all options will be taken to achieve that.

If this doesent work out,if that crappy companies get into warframe,oh well theres always eve online there for me to get back at.Hate the perfect world idiots,and this G1 dudes seems even worst, i m glad that i didnt play any g1 game when i see feedback like this,

Lol! Dude, this stuff isn't done cause they felt like making a game for the hek of it and just threw it out there. This thing has to make money that any and all options will be taken to achieve that.

That's quite understandable, but then there's a reason why people call it "MoneyFirst" lol. There's a difference between running a business and milking your playerbase, wouldn't you agree?

GamersFirst treats promising games like damp sponges, and wrings them dry before throwing them away. We really need some sort of confirmation that this is a fluke or something, because this is not something I would have backed up back when I became a founder.

Not. At. All.

Up until this point, I've supported DE almost blindly in every one of their decisions. Please tell me this is a fluke.

Contrary to popular belief, not every developer is a sell-out.

Ladies and gentletenno,

Digital Extremes is a studio with a long history of working with publishers and other partners to deliver games. Warframe is their first game without a publisher, without a financial safety net and without big bucks to be poured into the game other then from us, the gamers. But here is the kicker:

Digital Extremes holds exclusive rights to the Intellectual Property and development of Warframe.

As long as DE does not sell or subcontract those rights, the concepting and direction of the game is governed by DE and DE only. This aspect of making a game is something that is close to the heart of the company and employees, and while I understand and hear the pain (played Warrock by K2 myself and saw APB and Fallen Earth die before I could get into it.), I want to offer this sliver of hope before DE responds themselves.

They want to keep their game. They didn't walk out with the dangers of developing Warframe independently to harness the possibilities of finally owning the IP of a game they make only to throw it at Gamers First.

Let's wait another 5 hours, until DE wakes up. :)

G1 drives games into the ground and milks them dry in a matter of months, if that considering how G1's reputation precedes them now.

DE won't gain from this, because nobody will be left playing soon after G1 gets their hands on any kind of decision making.

Ladies and gentletenno,

Digital Extremes is a studio with a long history of working with publishers and other partners to deliver games. Warframe is their first game without a publisher, without a financial safety net and without big bucks to be poured into the game other then from us, the gamers. But here is the kicker:

Digital Extremes holds exclusive rights to the Intellectual Property and development of Warframe.

As long as DE does not sell or subcontract those rights, the concepting and direction of the game is governed by DE and DE only. This aspect of making a game is something that is close to the heart of the company and employees, and while I understand and hear the pain (played Warrock by K2 myself and saw APB and Fallen Earth die before I could get into it.), I want to offer this sliver of hope before DE responds themselves.

They want to keep their game. They didn't walk out with the dangers of developing Warframe independently to harness the possibilities of finally owning the IP of a game they make only to throw it at Gamers First.

Let's wait another 5 hours, until DE wakes up. :)

This is what I was figuring on and even said so in a previous post. Though coming from a Mod, I figure it holds a bit more weight. Thanks!

*exhales*

GamersFirst is a terrible company with a horrendious track record.  I do not wish for this game to fall into thier hands at all.

They ruined a few games that I adored.

Even though many of you say it's nothing, the concept itself troubles me greatly.

Edited by SgtCapricorn