The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bows, I've Been Using Them Alot Less Since...

bluntpuffer

I've started using bows alot less ever since those nullifiers came out...

They are one of my favorite primaries but i just dont see any point in using them on high end missions anymore.

Surely i could pull out my secondary weapon to kill a nullifier everytime, but if i have 3-5 nullifiers on spot coming at me, i want a strong and reliable weapon wich most of the time would be my primary since it has way better mods out there then secondaries.

So, just for the sake of feedback and hope that anything will be ever done about this issue and it won't be forgotten.

Please do something about it !! I want to use my single shot weapons again :-\

I think that great solution to it would be changing nullifiers bubbles logic.

Make weapons ignore them but keep 100% immunity to Void abilities. I think its wierd that Nullifier bubble is kinda ultimate thing against Tenno. 

rapid fire mods are not doing the trick? I tend to just go inside the bubble and melee them. lol

I do exactly the same but sometimes its hard - they are surrounded by bombards for example.
Edited by Vicious_D

The way the nullifier's shield takes damage is dumb. They take a minumum of 100 and a MAXIMUM (!!!!!) of 400. So strong weapons are crap against it. Braton Prime and Burston Prime and Boltor Prime are useful, the rest isn't.

Edited by Grulos

That's way the best thing to use with bows are secondaries with great fire rate. I like to use Acrid, Akmagnus or Despair, but something without travel time are better in this situation.

Btw, try this: take the bubble of the nullifier off and use Nyx's Mind Control. The bubble will regenerate with the Nullifier being controller. You have your own Nulli-chan to sponge bullets for you. 

But I don't know what would happen if another Nulli came to close to your Nulli... maybe the Void can explode or something.

Edited by ArmaChaos

Come on guys.. relate to the topic.. When you are in a room with 3-4 nullifiers and alot of other mobs... i need to switch to my secondary 'fast shot' guns instead of using my primary weapon. These mobs just keep respawning.. it's not like i kill them once and it's 'gg'. No, the room keeps flooding with mobs !

Yes i use manouvres, yes i copter around the room. But the fact still remains that i dont have a reason to pull out my primary cause by the time i do, there is another nullifier coming at me with his frikkin leet &#! jenkins sniper skills, forcing me to draw my secondary again.

Please try to get my point, i'm not some newb that's whining about it i'm playing T4 surivals upto an hour atleast everyday and these are hard facts currently going on !!

Edited by bluntpuffer

That's way the best thing to use with bows are secondaries with great fire rate. I like to use Acrid, Akmagnus or Despair, but something without travel time are better in this situation.

Btw, try this: take the bubble of the nullifier off and use Nyx's Mind Control. The bubble will regenerate with the Nullifier being controller. You have your own Nulli-chan to sponge bullets for you. 

But I don't know what would happen if another Nulli came to close to your Nulli... maybe the Void can explode or something.

The problem is that you can't re-MC the nulli since you won't be able to cast once the duration runs out/you cancel the MC.

The solution is SotD. Then you can have an ARMY of Nulli-chans that will never betray you.

I think everyone's given up by now. For some reason DE seems to think Corrupted Nulls are great the way they are. I don't get why, but... well, I just switched to faster weapons. It's unfortunate, but bows don't do the trick anymore, especially with the current weapon switching speed.

Not entirely related, but we should be able to switch weapons much faster. That would make switching from the bows much more convenient.

Exactly my thoughts.

There's an aura for that :o

Yes. The problem is that I don't want to have to use an aura to make switching to my secondary, and by extension, making secondaries in general more worthwhile. They take up valuable mod slots that may require a different mod for certain builds.

There's an aura for that :o

That is a bandaid mod. Using Speed Holster is really just making yourself a load on the team. Another Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon would improve the team's experience much more than Speed Holster, unless your entire team loves bows and doesn't want to swap.

Personally, I switched to the Torid for shield-ignoring facewrecking.

rapid fire mods are not doing the trick? I tend to just go inside the bubble and melee them. lol

yep nice tactic especially on level 60-70 mobs

I think that arrows must penetrte shields and other energetic barriers like knife through butter.

Edited by Grom-84

Biggest thing I don't get is why they nullify punch through >.> My initial reaction to seeing one was to headshot the #@*&$@ with my Lanka haha

I mean, honestly, this game is punishing to low rof weaponry already, adding yet another kick to the nads because you have the gall to use a sniper/bow is just bad game design.

I think the niftiest fix would be to make bow/sniper weapons ignore the shield completely. Like, they don't damage it, but they get free punch through to the first target they hit or something.

I'll make sure to include this one in the sniper buff request thread I'm going to pointlessly make for the fifth or sixth time. I've honestly lost count.

I do this all the time, but the biggest problem with this at higher levels is that, for some god-forsaken reason, you can't stagger anything inside Nullifier bubbles with ground slams and whatnot. Things would be so much better if ground-slams actually did anything inside the bubbles, and we could at the very least dropkick all the Bombards instead of running in and getting stunlocked.

I mean, come on. It's fine that abilities are nullified, and while I don't like the current implementation, it makes sense for weapons to not work properly against Nullifiers since that would turn them into just another trash mob that's not worth any special attention. But seriously? They're unaffected by earthquakes that originate WITHIN THE BUBBLE?!

As many have said: Punch-Through should work on Nullifiers

Bows have it innately (so instant fixed)

Most Sniper users use a Punch-Through mod if it is not innate

Miter, Drakgoon,cough*New weaker*cough Kohm, etc....

Or for just bows:

Allow Thunderbolt to be a proper anti Nullifier mod (please let it scale off mods and crits)

(I'm not even a bow user and would like Thunderbolt to be more useful for my Tenno brethren.)

I once stoond on higher ground, saw a nullifier passing under me, jumped into the bubble with bow charged and pierced him down b4 reaching the ground....i got my &#! kicked by the small army that was around him but it felt pretty epic to achieve this kill, had a good laugh =3.