Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh Dear God Rotation C.

Skaleek

Unfinished product that DE constantly trying to shove it down our throat while ignoring all the feedback from player for months. I only see them pushing AW event, using AW rare resource for none AW weapon and putting AW in prime access. All of which I consider them trying to push the player to play AW but it failed so badly. You know if DE actually spend as much effort as refining AW than all this nonsense, people would choose to play AW willingly.  

I don't necessarily disagree, but calm the hell down and don't make this into some big off topic thing (apologies if you didn't mean this to come across as aggressively as it seemed to). I was simply responding to the off topic insult slinging towards AW, not trying to start a whole tangent thread within a thread.

Considering Archwing has only been around for an update now, and it has gotten multiple changes that players suggested (loot vacuum, boundary expansion, Decurion buff, revival range increase, etc) I can't give much credit to that complaint.

The only "forcing it down your throat" part is the Archwing resources for non Archwing weapons, the two modes need to stay completely uninvolved with one another unless you're doing regular mission objectives for the sake of Archwing (like excavating to find the Archwing parts, etc)

The event should have been for Archwing items only, to that I'll admit. DE has never been infallible.

Odonata Prime being in Prime Access was in no way shoving it down your throat as you are not required to buy it, all it's contents can be accessed separately without purchase. It's completely optional and you can simply get Volt Prime with plat or farming. God forbid they pander to the Tenno that actually enjoy Archwing, like myself.

If you'd like to continue this conversation, I'll gladly do so but do it through PM. I don't want a thread getting locked for going OT.

Edited by Kestral9999

Rotation C would be soo much better if they really just cut out a lot of the crap in it. There is absolutely no reason to have forma bp, orokin cells, cores and keys drop in this rotation. It takes long enough to get to for one item and usually you one one of the mentioned.

I don't know, but I guess I could accept that if it was full Forma, larger chunk of cells like 5, and same for cores, say 10 r5. Only on rotation C mind you, otherwise it's just annoying as heck. Keys should never be dropping from the void, this way it also gets peeps out into the galaxy map to get them.

I don't necessarily disagree, but calm the hell down and don't make this into some big off topic thing (apologies if you didn't mean this to come across as aggressively as it seemed to). I was simply responding to the off topic insult slinging towards AW, not trying to start a whole tangent thread within a thread.

Considering Archwing has only been around for an update now, and it has gotten multiple changes that players suggested (loot vacuum, boundary expansion, Decurion buff, revival range increase, etc) I can't give much credit to that complaint.

Calm wut? Stop making this personal. This has nothing to do with me or you. It's the general disappointment of AW that this community has show and the lack of response or even acknowledgement from DE. AW was release almost half a year ago, it's not just release yesterday or month ago. DE only patch a few minor QOL improvement here and there. They didn't even show any interest in fixing the core problem of AW. All we have is the underwater tileset which allergically suppose to be release in U16 but got delay.  U16 is a major patch, yet I didn't see any major change to AW. This alone should tell you they already consider AW mostly done.   

Calm wut? Stop making this personal. This has nothing to do with me or you. It's the general disappointment of AW that this community has show and the lack of response or even acknowledgement from DE. AW was release almost half a year ago, it's not just release yesterday or month ago. DE only patch a few minor QOL improvement here and there. They didn't even show any interest in fixing the core problem of AW. All we have is the underwater tileset which allergically suppose to be release in U16 but got delay.  U16 is a major patch, yet I didn't see any major change to AW. This alone should tell you they already consider AW mostly done.   

Well to that last part I completely disagree, and the current PA is just one sign that they are trying to amp AW up. I imagine though that they need to get everything ok with current U16 patch for the reg game before they can feasibly make changes to AW. I love AW currently, but it definitely could use to love and I am pretty sure we will be seeing that.

If an update going by with no improvements to an aspect of the game is indicative of that aspect's death, then I guess we won't be getting any new companions or anything anymore. You simply lack the patience to let the mode flourish. I get it if you've been one of the ones suggesting ideas to improve Archwing, and your suggestions go ignored by the developers.

Be realistic though, do you really think they spent all their time developing Archwing just to leave it in it's current state while everything else blows past it with constant updates? They're doing the best thing they can in light of how poorly received Archwing was, and they're putting their main focus on the regular game. I remember that was one of the biggest complaints from players who didn't like Archwing was that the development focus would shift to it, and (much to my own dismay) it hasn't at all.

Archwing will have it's update, I can practically assure you. I actually love the mode, even as it currently is, but I'm not freaking out that it hasn't been updated much yet.

And I didn't make it personal, you inferred a tone that came across as aggressive or punitive (like, how dare I defend Archwing?!). I even apologized for the reaction if it was unwarranted. Very difficult to relay tone via text.

Edited by Kestral9999

I've done about 8 hours of t1/3/4 survival and havent gotten any of the new prime stuff from rotation C's. It's starting to feel abusive. I used to really love when a new prime access came, now its beginning to carry a very negative connotation.

Edited by Skaleek

I've done about 8 hours of t1/3/4 survival and havent gotten any of the new prime stuff from rotation C's. It's starting to feel abusive. I used to really love when a new prime access came, now its beginning to carry a very negative connotation.

this is pretty much where i am now. the clogged drop tables and the horrendously low rates for new prime items... it's just painful.

They will never do that.

Its destructive to the game.

please explain your logic.

my preferred method would be as stated earlier in the thread. (which rewards long-runs)

a,b,c doesn't appeal to DE as it would reward rotation c twice in 30 minutes. and a,a,b,b,c,c pushes your first c rotation reward to 25 minutes rather than at 20. (but would give another at 30) -- again two c rotations within 30 minutes.

both of these are beneficial to the players and would give the exact same amounts of rewards in the same time. (albeit in different locations)

i can see why DE wouldn't want to reward folks so frequently, but i absolutely fail to see how this constitutes "destructive to the game"

please explain your logic.

my preferred method would be as stated earlier in the thread. (which rewards long-runs)

a,b,c doesn't appeal to DE as it would reward rotation c twice in 30 minutes. and a,a,b,b,c,c pushes your first c rotation reward to 25 minutes rather than at 20. (but would give another at 30) -- again two c rotations within 30 minutes.

both of these are beneficial to the players and would give the exact same amounts of rewards in the same time. (albeit in different locations)

i can see why DE wouldn't want to reward folks so frequently, but i absolutely fail to see how this constitutes "destructive to the game"

You will only play as long as you have stuff to get.  If they let you get stuff fast you quit faster, and when I say you I mean everyone.

If it takes you 20 runs to get one piece you will complain about it but still do it, if you get it in 2 runs you are closer to having nothing left to do. 

If it takes 50 runs you'll probably just quit, so they try to slow progression as much as they can without it causing a mass exodus.

Also the reason it resets to A twice after a C is for you to lose interest and quit the run for the day.

Edited by Spindle99

Rotation is ok BUUUUT.

20M Forma Bp, 40m Forma BP (or S#&$ty part), 60m Forma BP or another crappy part. You just turn off the game and go do something else. I don't play endless missions for a reason, I can spend few hours doing exterminate/caps but when I see minute after minute that the rewards I get are piece of .... be it in interception/defense/surival I simply stop playing that mode for next few days weeks.

I did few t3S runs usually up to 40m sometimes 20 sometimes 35. Have yet to even get volt helmet as a drop lol. Love all them forma bps, oro cells or sicarus.

You will only play as long as you have stuff to get.  If they let you get stuff fast you quit faster, and when I say you I mean everyone.

If it takes you 20 runs to get one piece you will complain about it but still do it, if you get it in 2 runs you are closer to having nothing left to do. 

If it takes 50 runs you'll probably just quit, so they try to slow progression as much as they can without it causing a mass exodus.

Also the reason it resets to A twice after a C is for you to lose interest and quit the run for the day.

I've been playing for over 2 years, and I still play even after i've gotten everything. I help friends, farm cores for the next update, farm ducats, reforma old, unused, crappy weapons (dera anyone?).

Having me go through the same survival for 8 hours to get the one part i want is not easy. It increases my fatigue much more than what i do when i have everything.

Edited by Skaleek

Please just change it to ABC or AABBCC, rotation C is the bane of my existance, time, and motivation.

Lower grind in Grindframe?

Bueheheehe.. no way.

Even if they change rotation, they just lower chance for getting sth useful, so grind remail the same (or worse!).

I've been playing for over 2 years, and I still play even after i've gotten everything. I help friends, farm cores for the next update, farm ducats, reforma old, unused, crappy weapons (dera anyone?).

Having me go through the same survival for 8 hours to get the one part i want is not easy. It increases my fatigue much more than what i do when i have everything.

I agree with you here.

As for Spindle99's comments... I think you have a very negative view of players and fans of this game in general. I don't quit playing once I've attained everything. Quite the opposite, I feel free to play whatever I want, whenever I want, without the pressure of "acquiring that once piece" that i'm missing, pushing me back to run the same mission over and over and OVER until I get it.

If you're only playing warframe for the bragging rights of having acquired everything and "finished" the game... well, more power to you i guess, but that's not the type of person I really want to spend time in this game with.

Getting keys in the void is ridiculous already, We can farm normal survival, excavation, interception for keys, WHY add more things to the already crowded drop tables that dont need to be there.  Forma fine, but I go to the void to get parts and or forma, not MORE friggin keys!! Rotation is effed up too. A A B C, really? Why not just A B C D Repeat!? Would clear up some of the tables, hell theres a derelict thats rarely used as well why must everything resort back to T3S, T4Sab.  As bad as the grind here is, Id rather this than alot of other games xD

Getting keys in the void is ridiculous already, We can farm normal survival, excavation, interception for keys, WHY add more things to the already crowded drop tables that dont need to be there.  Forma fine, but I go to the void to get parts and or forma, not MORE friggin keys!! Rotation is effed up too. A A B C, really? Why not just A B C D Repeat!? Would clear up some of the tables, hell theres a derelict thats rarely used as well why must everything resort back to T3S, T4Sab.  As bad as the grind here is, Id rather this than alot of other games xD

actually, you bring up a good point here, why NOT add a D rotation to the mix?

it would allow the devs to mix things around and reduce the dilution a bit.

Posted a solution in the other thread but I'll post it here as well.

Make Rotation A B C D. IF they have to keep keys in the void and I dont mind forma tbh, Keep keys,forma and Orokin cells in one rotation. Keep Primary and Secondary parts in one rotation. Warframe parts in one rotation.  Melee parts in one rotation.  

With it like this you dont need a prime vault. :D 

Also, make it so you cant get the same reward twice in one mission(applying only to prime parts).  Longer Time, more rewards without feeling like you wasted your time.