Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tremor, The Earth / Terraformer Warframe - (10/14) Final Update & Retirement

Archwizard

I like what you did with the helmet but think you made the collar too high on him based on the lines in the model. Really hard to tell. Agree that the models too smooth.

Theres literally nothing to do with the legs color wise besides generic patterning or soft lining in a new ridge because hes just wearing skin color tights.

Dont wanna sound harsh but in some ways his model feels like a smaller shoe size vauban. I kinda prefer the original pic in the OP.

Hmm. As I am the creator of both, I can tell you it's been tricky. The model is as wip as they come and we have a new angle I will work at.

The next time I show it I think it will be a bit different.

for the icons of Quicksand, did you get part of the mid-right icon off Loki's Radial Disarm icon

The fist? That I did.

A lot of ability icons utilize similar motifs or shapes. For instance, Shield Polarize and Electric Shield share the same kite shield shape (it's in the middle Barricade icon, because walls), while a dozen abilities share the same "floor circle" crescent shape (tried to recreate it for Worldbreaker but... it ended up rounder).

Figured, if it's good enough for DE, it's good enough for me.

Hmm. As I am the creator of both, I can tell you it's been tricky. The model is as wip as they come and we have a new angle I will work at.

The next time I show it I think it will be a bit different.

How different?

Tbh I think some of the body changes need to be drastic.

What is the "trigger" range of World Breaker, I could see this making or breaking the skill? On one hand if it is too short it would pretty much require precision placement with burrow/be relegated to only being useful on infected defense maps, on the other if it is too large it would be horribly broken (though honestly in combination with a Nix I think it would be horribly broken anyhow.

- Worldbreaker sounds awesome, but its effect seems a little underwhelming for an ultimate (environmental proc and Impact proc + damage). Would adding a chance to knock down enemies be too much? Or even a slow and a knockdown? It seems to me that an Earth frame would have a move that knocks enemies down to the ground. As it stands, Banshee's Sound Quake almost does a better job of representing earthquakes.

Worldbreaker sounds pretty solid, I just don't like the idea of a landmine itself. Maybe something landmine-like but in the form of an earthbender/Yamato from the Naruto world.

4 seems out of place based on his theme and other abilities. A land mine fits better with Vauban than an earth frame even if it makes rock spikes.

So, Worldbreaker then.

Something I've been coming to grips with lately is that a landmine skill is best made spammable to create fields of landmines, and the high cost of ultimate abilities is intended to prevent spam. The activation radius of a landmine requires several provisions for enemies to actually activate it (that you were there first and retreated, that the target steps over a very small area, that the target is surrounded - while still leading the charge...?)... and with ultimates intended as a last resort, having any sort of delay on the effect will inevitably work against the Tenno more than the enemy.

Furthermore, Worldbreaker is unique only in its damage aspect - and a focus on flat damage is something I intended to avoid with Tremor. Status-based CC, as we've found with frames like Ember and Volt, is useful in a pinch but not strong enough to lock enemies down for any meaningful period (although the point was to combine Barricade and Quicksand for that purpose), especially given that enemies can be animation-locked out of statuses. As Cactus pointed out, even with the ability to walk away, it's rather underwhelming compared to Soundquake.

Admittedly, solving this issue could just be as simple as swapping out the landmines with one of his other skills and calling it a day, but none of the others feel particularly ultimate-worthy. Maybe Barricade, but part of the intention for Barricade is that it can be used as a building block.

What I like about Worldbreaker is that A) it feels like a payoff for a tactical playstyle, B) it fits into a stealth-based playstyle at all, C) it adapts to and weaponizes your surroundings, and D) it comes in a wholly unique form rather than just spraying targets in a radius with acid for the umpteenth time. DE's expressed a lot of creativity with a lot of the recent releases, like Effigy and Prism... and Cataclysm, which actually executes a similar thematic effect to Tremor's playstyle by actively transforming a piece of the battlefield.

I think I'm in a rut. While I picked out a full toolkit for Tremor before I started on anything else, I never really thought of an ultimate for him - just upgraded one of the tools I came up with because, as the skill with the most damage potential, it seemed like the best fit.

TL;DR: I might scrap Worldbreaker. Trouble is, I need a replacement that fits his theme and playstyle, without copping out and making him the brute I was trying to avoid.

Sidenote: Thinking I should maybe reduce Tremor's shields a little (25->75 points) to up his armor (~50 points). Thoughts?

Edited by Archwizard

Weight of the Land: Creates a disturbance in the earth under each enemy in range any enemies remaining in the disturbances after x seconds take y damage, damage stacks if multiple circles are overlapping.

could make it a small range to necessitate burrowing into the middle of the enemy throngs to use

I've got it! The pieces were right in front of me all along, I just had them in the wrong order!

Move the landmine effect of Worldbreaker to Small World, make the Aftershocks augment baseline and give him a new one (perhaps a stony armor - removing Enveloping Sand, replacing it with an accuracy reduction - or a Tremorsense). The fewer changes I have to make to the base ability, the better to save the votes on the icon.

I'm also thinking, since his current passive will be obsolete in Parkour 2.0, that I should replace his passive with the adaptation effect on the present Worldbreaker: Abilities deal 50% of their base damage as an element based on the current tileset.
Edited by Archwizard

Man, you've obviously put a lot of work and a lot of love into this project of yours. I could definitely see DE taking notice of this project and likely doing something with it.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get so much feedback? I've been working on a project of my own and I haven't had much luck. Granted I.... kinda ended up dropping it for about a month, but afterwards I put some serious work into it and yet so far nothing. I won't put a link unless asked because I don't want to look like the type to try using a popular thread to advertize their own stuff, but I thought I'd ask.

Regardless, Tremor will definitely be an amazing Warframe. Most likely a b!tch to farm though XD

EDIT: Also, tips on formatting? What you've got right here is REALLY nice and clean, and I'd like to steal copy use the format for my own concept, help it look nicer.

Edited by Synthoid

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get so much feedback? I've been working on a project of my own and I haven't had much luck. Granted I.... kinda ended up dropping it for about a month, but afterwards I put some serious work into it and yet so far nothing. I won't put a link unless asked because I don't want to look like the type to try using a popular thread to advertize their own stuff, but I thought I'd ask.

Regardless, Tremor will definitely be an amazing Warframe. Most likely a b!tch to farm though XD

The key is persistence! In my case, I had a few people I bounced ideas off of to start with who were/are as interested in Tremor's evolution as I am, who helped me to get him off the ground. After that, it's a bit of faith that other people will see what they did.

I'd be interested in seeing what you've written... but if it's a dead thread, maybe you'll want to start fresh on that, instead of necro'ing.

I'm actually writing up a quest as a future update to this thread! Minimizing RNG as I write, since I loathe the use of it.

EDIT: Also, tips on formatting? What you've got right here is REALLY nice and clean, and I'd like to steal copy use the format for my own concept, help it look nicer.

- Use Word, or a similar program, to organize your thoughts before you post.

- Spoiler tags can help mitigate superfluous information. Leave details relevant to the frame itself out in the open, to draw people in!

- Center tags for making things pretty.

- When it comes to abilities, I shot for a format like the kind you read off the wiki.

- When it came to the Warframe Profile, I studied several of the videos to get an idea of the Lotus' voice. If you can't hear her saying it in your head, try again!

Beyond that, I recommend MrPigman's pinned thread.

Edited by Archwizard

Snippity-snip-snip

Actually, it's not dead. Kinda... in a coma right now in terms of feedback, but not dead. Here, take a look: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/454863-warframe-concept-eidolon-the-nightmare-frame-update-21-61115/

Thank you for the advice and feedback though; what I linked above is actually my very first thread, and it started strong, so I'd really like to see it through.

Edited by Synthoid

Actually, it's not dead. Kinda... in a coma right now in terms of feedback, but not dead. Here, take a look: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/454863-warframe-concept-eidolon-the-nightmare-frame-update-21-61115/

Thank you for the advice and feedback though; what I linked above is actually my very first thread, and it started strong, so I'd really like to see it through.

Persistence, dude. As an owner of a Thread, that's as much as I can offer. Try keep updated as much as possible on new suggestions though!

So, finished rewriting Worldbreaker for now, as well as a substitute 'rock armor' overshields augment; since it does do something different, it may not require Enveloping Sand to be changed in any way.

Debating whether to bring back Aftershocks' additional elemental rings (upon striking an obstruction), or just leave the double elemental adaptation in there.

Also deciding if you should be able to cast Worldbreaker while wall-running, thereby causing it to travel along the wall. It doesn't seem like it'd be that useful of an application to do so, of course.

have you ever tried making 4 pictures for us to see what the abilities look like when in action, they don't haven to be animations like Mr Pigman but just pictures of his abilities in action, is it possible

I plan to have some eventually! When I've got some time.

Of course, they might be crappy MS Paint jobs, since I couldn't draw Tremor if my life depended on it...

Edited by Archwizard

Debating whether to bring back Aftershocks' additional elemental rings (upon striking an obstruction), or just leave the double elemental adaptation in there.

I think I prefer the extra rings of effect but the knockback seems a little tired. Fire Blast already did that kinda thing didn't it?

the knockback seems a little tired. Fire Blast already did that kinda thing didn't it?

True, but presently there are no environmental effects that create a persistent knockback, beyond just spamming one button over and over or getting very lucky with proc chances.

Presently Tremor's abilities cover three different kinds of crowd control: "stop attacking", "stay here", "keep out".

Now I will admit, presently I'm having a little trouble seeing how it works with Burrow, and I might rework it an additional time. But, for now I'm satisfied.

with the augment?

Key words.

Plus last time I checked, its knockback has a cooldown, more like attaching Bounce on all sides of Bastille.

At the very least, Worldbreaker now gives him some way to capitalize on all of the obstructions he can place. I like the idea that the ultimate isn't that strong on its own, but can be amplified by proper placement and coordinating with allies.

At the very least, Worldbreaker now gives him some way to capitalize on all of the obstructions he can place. I like the idea that the ultimate isn't that strong on its own, but can be amplified by proper placement and coordinating with allies.

Thatd be neat. But what would prevent Tremor just becoming another 'press 4' frame?

Thatd be neat. But what would prevent Tremor just becoming another 'press 4' frame?

Well with a relatively low base damage and a high return from the added aftershocks, just spamming the skill would be inefficient. Plus with the knockback, the best way to damage an enemy who left the ring would be the aftershocks.

I feel like its a step in the right direction, the hauberk feel does give him a tank look, but not so much that youd expect more than 150 or 250.  The helmet is improving, glad to see the craters have gone. The helmet.... I cant place what feels wrong, but theres.... Something off?

Reworking Tremor. First pass.

Admittedly, it seems a little too slim on the sides and smooth in the back to me. It's hard to tell when the neck ends from the back.

The sides, might just be because I'm used to the current version, but it seems off, especially since the trapezius seems to skip the neck in favor of flowing directly into the jaw.

world breaker sounds too similar to other tenno powers.

Good that you think that, because I'm already working on an alternative!