Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tremor, The Earth / Terraformer Warframe - (10/14) Final Update & Retirement

Archwizard

well,i looked at all of the reference images you gave..including the action blueprint

and i took a whack at combining them all

i hope you like(crosses fingers)

i apoligize for the image tearing early in the video.tempermental programs and all

This is a great 3D Weapon Render for Tremor, thumbs up!

Yeeeeeezzz, eeeeexcellent. Now we're on the right track.

And animation at the end! *squees off in the corner*

My main criticism now is that there's very little to the design that matches the Tenno style. It definitely fits the Grineer design, of course, and in some ways even looks like stone, which is great for Tremor. Just seems a bit odd to have a Grineer weapon as the signature for a Tenno who predates the Empire.

Still, it will be wonderful to see Tremor have one on his arm regardless.

:S maybe a weapon that the grineer drew inspiration from?

Looking at Tremor's stat budget again, noticing that he's actually a tiny bit below budget by comparison to Saryn, Zephyr and Oberon.

Whaddoya think, 25 base health boost or 50 armor boost?

:S maybe a weapon that the grineer drew inspiration from?

Possible? Highly unlikely though. Tenno weaponry tends to be very streamlined and designed like a piece of classical sculpture in itself, while the identifying feature of Grineer weaponry is uneven bulk for a pseudo-organic look. It's a stark contrast between Vulkar and Vectis, Kraken and Sicarus, Amphis and Tipedo, etc.

Edited by Archwizard

It takes a lot of kinetic enegy for a projectile /object to penetrate 1 cubic foot of earth. Id go with 50 extra armor. If that bullet gets through, it will do damage. Its got to get through first though.

By that logic I agree with you.

Looking at Tremor's stat budget again, noticing that he's actually a tiny bit below budget by comparison to Saryn, Zephyr and Oberon.

Whaddoya think, 25 base health boost or 50 armor boost?

Possible? Highly unlikely though. Tenno weaponry tends to be very streamlined and designed like a piece of classical sculpture in itself, while the identifying feature of Grineer weaponry is uneven bulk for a pseudo-organic look. It's a stark contrast between Vulkar and Vectis, Kraken and Sicarus, Amphis and Tipedo, etc.

yeah,but on the flip side the tenno really dont have weapon like a pilebunker

and the action blueprint you showed me was the main guide for the look,that didnt exactly look tenno either

so i did the best i could by putting a mettalic skin into it rather than beaten up ferrite look of grineer stuff

yeah,but on the flip side the tenno really dont have weapon like a pilebunker

and the action blueprint you showed me was the main guide for the look,that didnt exactly look tenno either

so i did the best i could by putting a mettalic skin into it rather than beaten up ferrite look of grineer stuff

i mean look at rhino,the wrecking rhino pack comes with the strun,which is a grineer weapon

which is mildly aggrivating given the fact that tenno and grineer dont mix too well..but some of the frames were just released with a pack and that was it

look at chroma,he has chainsaw fists,another grineer weapon...limbo has the halikar

>.> another point of contention,why no love for tenno weapons or corpus stuff?

I wasn't faulting you for that, the action blueprint was created for a Grineer weapon.

i mean look at rhino,the wrecking rhino pack comes with the strun,which is a grineer weapon

which is mildly aggrivating given the fact that tenno and grineer dont mix too well..but some of the frames were just released with a pack and that was it

look at chroma,he has chainsaw fists,another grineer weapon...limbo has the halikar

True, but when it comes to "signature" weapons for Rhino, you think of Fragor and Scindo... because they're virtually all he wields in promotional materials. When you think of Zephyr, you don't imagine Phage or Jat Kittag, just because they're a package deal.

Weapons that have said they're the "favorite" of a specific Warframe include Ether Reaper, Magistar, Nami Skyla, and AkZani - all Tenno weapons. The Redeemer as a weapon type was made exclusively for release with Mesa.

Granting, Limbo is a huge exception simply because Opticor is basically perfect for him... 

Break this down for those that dont see the Matrix. What am I seeing?

In layman's, between the two choices, you would get more effective health (EHP) at max rank from a straight HP boost, so you can take bigger hits and don't have to worry about armor-piercing hits. The tradeoff being that healing becomes slightly less efficient as your health pool expands, making it more difficult to recover from hits that penetrate your shields. Luckily, his shields are pretty high.

As you were saying, increasing the armor may be more thematic. However, Zephyr's EHP (before her matching shields) is 471.43, and I think Tremor should endeavor to be just as hard to kill as her.

In layman's, between the two choices, you would get more effective health (EHP) at max rank from a straight HP boost, so you can take bigger hits and don't have to worry about armor-piercing hits. The tradeoff being that healing becomes slightly less efficient as your health pool expands, making it more difficult to recover from hits that penetrate your shields. Luckily, his shields are pretty high.

As you were saying, increasing the armor may be more thematic. However, Zephyr's EHP (before her matching shields) is 471.43, and I think Tremor should endeavor to be just as hard to kill as her.

Ty.

I guess.

People will ask for an h/s/a buff anyway lol

I wasn't faulting you for that, the action blueprint was created for a Grineer weapon.

True, but when it comes to "signature" weapons for Rhino, you think of Fragor and Scindo... because they're virtually all he wields in promotional materials. When you think of Zephyr, you don't imagine Phage or Jat Kittag, just because they're a package deal.

Weapons that have said they're the "favorite" of a specific Warframe include Ether Reaper, Magistar, Nami Skyla, and AkZani - all Tenno weapons. The Redeemer as a weapon type was made exclusively for release with Mesa.

Granting, Limbo is a huge exception simply because Opticor is basically perfect for him... 

>.> well,maybe i could do the more tenno-ish look with a tenno-ish blueprint

im generally not too fond of tenno weapons..my big favorites are the jet kitty,karak,vulkar,ogris.then on the corpus side,lanka,dera,cestra,opticor.and pretty much any infested weapon

but i like them orokin stylings,i think it's beautiful

think you could do up a sketch or something of what you'd like in a "tenno" style pilebunker

cause i cant fathom how such a thing could go all tenno style...of course i could give it a shot but usually the results are fairly unpredictable

>.> well,maybe i could do the more tenno-ish look with a tenno-ish blueprint

im generally not too fond of tenno weapons..my big favorites are the jet kitty,karak,vulkar,ogris.then on the corpus side,lanka,dera,cestra,opticor.and pretty much any infested weapon

but i like them orokin stylings,i think it's beautiful

think you could do up a sketch or something of what you'd like in a "tenno" style pilebunker

cause i cant fathom how such a thing could go all tenno style...of course i could give it a shot but usually the results are fairly unpredictable

I had a brain flash, it would get rid of the drill part of it but it could push it into more Tenno territory, for the ram piece use a cut rose stem kind of design add some viney textures/engravings on the body etc

I had a brain flash, it would get rid of the drill part of it but it could push it into more Tenno territory, for the ram piece use a cut rose stem kind of design add some viney textures/engravings on the body etc

I feel like going for a rose-and-vines feel would be better for a plant-based concept like Flora... wherein the rough-and-tumble imagery of a heavy fist weapon doesn't necessarily match up.

I was thinking borrow straight up from existing Tenno weapons. Just copy the parts that look Tenno and fuse them into the pilebunker.

Like I was saying, Excavators were designed by the Tenno and clearly feature the faction's take on a drillbit.

Excavator.png

My main concern is that the "blades" supporting it feel a little unwieldy, but elements such as the carabiner hooks hanging off of it could be easily adapted.

Edited by Archwizard

I feel like going for a rose-and-vines feel would be better for a plant-based concept like Flora... wherein the rough-and-tumble imagery of a heavy fist weapon doesn't necessarily match up.

Like I was saying, Excavators were designed by the Tenno and clearly feature the faction's take on a drillbit.

Excavator.png

My main concern is that the "blades" supporting it feel a little unwieldy.

oddly enough the design ive arrived at has a good chunk of the same characteristics(ill have the vid in a short bit here to show ya

phew...hope you like it,this took alot of work

Oooh, that is quite something. Definitely getting a Prime feel off of it - not simply from the colors, but the Boltor-esque filigris. Very streamlined and ornamental, which fits the Tenno design well.

However, I'm not entirely certain of the proportions. The arm-casing seems rather long; at four rings, it seems like it would ensnare the upper arm and constrict movement. If we scale it down to just wrap the lower arm, then the piston/drill comes off looking thin and brittle.

Couple thoughts for tweaks/additions:

- For practical use, I think the pile bunker needs to be a little more front-heavy, so that you can really throw your arm into its punches.

- What if we added some kind of handle or grip, for the hand whose arm it's attached to? Something to keep it secure, perhaps with a thumb-button to tell the drill to spin.

- On Vandre's Grineer pile bunker and this image, there's a hook of sorts extending forward around the drill bit. In terms of practical purpose, I'm fairly certain it has the same function for securing whatever you'd want to pierce as a nail gun or stapler.

- When I saw the arm-casing you made, my mind immediately jumped to the quiver for Dread's arrows, as it has a similar mass distribution, specifically in terms of width by comparison to length. However, the quiver has more ornate styling beyond symbols etched into it, nary a flat surface anywhere on it, with a round bottom end and deep grooves along the body - all the while maintaining a sleek appearance. Perhaps we could try something to give it a little more... shape variety?

Edited by Archwizard

Couple thoughts for tweaks/additions:

- For practical use, I think the pile bunker needs to be a little more front-heavy, so that you can really throw your arm into its punches.

- What if we added some kind of handle or grip, for the hand whose arm it's attached to? Something to keep it secure, perhaps with a thumb-button to tell the drill to spin.

- On Vandre's Grineer pile bunker and this image, there's a hook of sorts extending forward around the drill bit. In terms of practical purpose, I'm fairly certain it has the same function for securing whatever you'd want to pierce as a nail gun or stapler.

- When I saw the arm-casing you made, my mind immediately jumped to the quiver for Dread's arrows, as it has a similar mass distribution, specifically in terms of width by comparison to length. However, the quiver has more ornate styling beyond symbols etched into it, nary a flat surface anywhere on it, with a round bottom end and deep grooves along the body - all the while maintaining a sleek appearance. Perhaps we could try something to give it a little more... shape variety?

did you not notice the rings at the back?those are magnetic coils that boost the spike..

thats why during charge mode plasma (a sort of runoff in this case) discharges from those blue-ish vents

also,i tried making it grineer and you werent satisfied with that

this isnt an arrow quiver,this is a magnetically assisted piledriver with a spike...no extra weight needed