Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tremor, The Earth / Terraformer Warframe - (10/14) Final Update & Retirement

Archwizard

Well, his design was sourced from outside the company back in February last year. It's entirely likely that Scott took the old image for Keith Thompson's Brawler and decided it looked Earth-y based on the muddy browns, sandy yellows and stony grays (e.g. exactly the colors we were considering for Tremor). Had to justify using the design as the artist intended with the theme he envisioned.

It was entirely possible for them to have mixed the two different themes, much as Hydroid mixed Water with Piracy. An Earth-y Brawler could summon stone fists and armor to fight with, or have a dash that opens up the ground; if at least half the kit fit both themes, I doubt you'd mind the petrifying gaze. The main complaint is that they went for the most generic option - yet another Volt-style frame where each ability encourages a wildly different playstyle, making it hard to find synergy between them (of course, this last bit is more theoretical for the moment, until his release).

I worked hard on Tremor, yes, but I can understand why they didn't go for the exact functions of the kit I dreamed up. I envisioned Tremor as area-denial, which would create some tension with Hydroid amongst the elementals. I think for now, we should give Atlas a chance for still taking a new direction with the theme, compared to the umpteen Rhino Clone suggestions; some of his abilities already provide some interesting possibilities (imagine if his boulder attack had a Katamari function - add to the Petrify and you set up the perfect punch-chain...). For the rest, there are feedback forums for a reason.

I wouldnt have problem if they didnt call it a brawler frame, since calling it brawler implies that its frame that focuses on brawling which it isnt(even if it had 1-2 abilities related to earth I could still consider it a brawler frame but not three), its earth focuses frame with a little bit of brawling tacked on, to me this is false advertisement.

Other then colors that brawler design has nothing to do with earth-theme, it looks like something that is going to punch your face....in the face,  its sending this message to its enemies: "There's something on your face!.........It is pain!"

water and piracy are two themes that go really well together but like you said earth related abilties here dont even try to fit in with its brawling theme

Edited by Culaio

I wouldnt have problem if they didnt call it a brawler frame, since calling it brawler implies that its frame that focuses on brawling which it isnt(even if it had 1-2 abilities related to earth I could still consider it a brawler frame but not three), its earth focuses frame with a little bit of brawling tacked on, to me this is false advertisement.

Well, he has a sliding punch, a rock wall that turns into a boulder, a petrify attack and a golem entourage.

I could see the themes mixing if...

- The sliding punch gains an augment to leave a patch on the ground marking the path traveled by Atlas, with some negative effect to enemies crossing it

- The wall is launched by player melee strikes, jump kicks or his punch attack

- Petrified enemies take more melee damage

- The golems gain an augment to sacrifice them to turn you into one instead, or to enhance you in some way when they die

- Atlas' passive has something to do with melee combos(?)

If every ability was Earth-y, the brawling would at least be a backdrop like Hydroid's piracy, rather than taking away from one theme for the sake of enforcing another.

Edited by Archwizard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiuWVUXQVWc

"... while also passively immune to knockdown effects as long as he touches the ground."

Yeah, figured.

why for some reason I cannot find that video on their channel

i liked the abilities except not much of 4. I reckon Tremor had alot of potential with the more than just using rocks, the manipulation of the ground, that's why i liked Tremor

Edited by Hunter126

Thats why I think there is still room for a terraformer or geomancer.

Atlas is a fighter, a stonemage who summon boulders and stonegolems and petrifies his enemies.

Perhaps, but now that Atlas exists, the niche for an earth elemental is filled and support for it will die out.

Which is fine, I like to think I'm more versatile than to rely on one concept.

Perhaps, but now that Atlas exists, the niche for an earth elemental is filled and support for it will die out.

Which is fine, I like to think I'm more versatile than to rely on one concept.

In addition to the last comment, what have you got in mind for your next Warframe Concept? Many have enjoyed you and arch111's creativity and ability to work together to create a solid Warframe which, ultimately, have made it in game. I'm sure many others would like to see more of the originality that you bring, mate :P

In addition to the last comment, what have you got in mind for your next Warframe Concept? Many have enjoyed you and arch111's creativity and ability to work together to create a solid Warframe which, ultimately, have made it in game. I'm sure many others would like to see more of the originality that you bring, mate :P

Well I'm still trying to work out whether or not arch111 is still interested in working with me... but with any luck it'll be the first in a short series. I don't want to spoil too much, but much like the Earth frame, the next one will be one of the hot-button concepts (they tend to be the most invocative).

Hey all! I will put Tremors model in the Vault for now. Maby it can be reused into another project, who knows?

Anyway, here they are.

atlas_tremor_by_gaber111-d9bvv8a.jpg

Well I'm still trying to work out whether or not arch111 is still interested in working with me... but with any luck it'll be the first in a short series. I don't want to spoil too much, but much like the Earth frame, the next one will be one of the hot-button concepts (they tend to be the most invocative).

Yes I am up for another trip into madness and creativity :)

Another thing, looks like the pilebunker sort of made it in, the new fistweapon certainly makes me think of it anyway.

magnokinetic

Literally Mag.

Metal Manipulating Warframe

Since augments first released, I think the devs have been trying to invoke that in Rhino. Iron Skin, Ironclad Charge, latent emphasis on Puncture procs... only a matter of time before they give Stomp a metal-themed augment.

Edited by Archwizard

Literally Mag.

Since augments first released, I think the devs have been trying to invoke that in Rhino. Iron Skin, Ironclad Charge, latent emphasis on Puncture procs... only a matter of time before they give Stomp a metal-themed augment.

Well, we the Warframe Community have really enjoyed the theme that Tremor possesses, and a major aspect of this is the manipulation of the battlefield. What other themes could correspond to this and invoke this type of nature? Perhaps Tremor may make it in game, just in a different form :P

a major aspect of this is the manipulation of the battlefield. What other themes could correspond to this and invoke this type of nature?

Honestly? Literally any theme, if you do it right, particularly those involved in elementary forces or the building blocks of the universe.

Ember has her Fire Blasts, Frost has his Snow Globes and ice patches, Volt has his Electric Shields, Saryn has her Molt, Zephyr has her Tornadoes, Hydroid has his Tempest Barrages and Tentacle Swarms and Undertow, Banshee has her Soundquake, Oberon has his Hallowed Grounds, Nova has her Wormholes, Atlas has his Tectonic Bulwark.

All of them, to whatever extent, reshape the battlefield in small ways, to create persistent barriers and hazards and null-zones for enemies. There's always room for more, if the frame has a theme that affects anything outside of themself.

Edited by Archwizard

• 2 weeks later...

So, Atlas has been released. I think it's time to retire Tremor.

I threw the last of the updates I wanted to make to him into the OP - a quest I'd thrown together months ago for the various bits of lore I wanted to associate with him.

I didn't want to spoil it until arch111 had gotten through the final pass with Tremor. Our final plan for him was to have his limbs be somewhat deformed from a combination of materials he'd absorbed from Burrowing into ships and other foreign materials, which would be alluded to in his quest.

Now the last of my vision is out for the world to see.

Worry not, though! The abilities for three new concepts are well under way (the first is completed, the second just needs augments, the third is wrapping up ability production). I don't want to spoil them before we have them out, but rest assured that I'm working until I'm satisfied that they're at least the quality of Tremor, if not moreso.

Now, arch111 and I are looking for a new concept artist for this venture; we haven't parted ways or anything, we just thought with this bulk order, having someone to trace up visuals for him to model would make production go much smoother and faster. Unfortunately it appears that all of the artists in MrPigman's thread are on hiatus, so this could take some time before I'm ready to present.