Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tremor, The Earth / Terraformer Warframe - (10/14) Final Update & Retirement

Archwizard

I'd love to see this frame with this exact skillset in the game. Can't even begin to imagine how fun it'd be to play a male humanoid-ish Rek'Sai (from League of Legends, it's a monster that can burrow underground to move faster and instead of having regular view range, has an increased range where she sees little tremors from all types of movement so she can literally track and chase down foes).

A friend of mine actually pointed Rek'Sai out to me while I was developing Tremor. I still wanted to focus on the Terraforming aspect of the frame over just Burrow, but she inspired the Quantum Tunnel augment.

Edited by Archwizard

Did you change the passives? I thought they included things like increased wall cling time before?

I removed a couple of the passives not too long ago due to Parkour 2.0 eliminating things like stamina and making you hop along walls, but it might be worth re-adding one since they mentioned in yesterday's devstream that cling time will be based on a timer.

Hi guys!

I was modelling away smoothing out the mesh and building the coat. As I did so, and replaced the hands, I saw his siluette growing more and more distinct.

I am really liking how the entire model has got alot more power to it, the back looks Tenno to me now.

The chestplate and so on is about to be descided now depending on the reactions. The separate parts you suggested earlier will look really good I think.

The fauld got longer and is supposed to connect with the coat at places, and it is separate so it can be cloth-rigged.

The legguards and underarms needs work as well.

So what do you think?

tremor_coatversion1_by_gaber111-d92xhlk.

Edited by arch111

The fauld got longer and is supposed to connect with the coat at places, and it is separate so it can be cloth-rigged.

I like it, but at this point its not a fauld and just a coat especially if its gonna be cloth. Maybe it should be closed in the back too.

Hi guys!

I was modelling away smoothing out the mesh and building the coat. As I did so, and replaced the hands, I saw his siluette growing more and more distinct.

I am really liking how the entire model has got alot more power to it, the back looks Tenno to me now.

The chestplate and so on is about to be descided now depending on the reactions. The separate parts you suggested earlier will look really good I think.

The legguards and underarms needs work as well.

So what do you think?

That coat makes me feel things. Yes.

I do agree with Annon though, we should stop calling it a fauld - although it does make a nice extension to the coat, and could stand to stay. We should consider doing something in the back there (still tempted to say "tail" but that could be distracting given that perfect window to his booty); if we do have it closed in the back, it'll already be unique considering Frost and Limbo have their coats split in back while Volt's kilt diminishes in the front.

I think we should also consider another belt option - the rest of the coat is great but the fact that it just reaches around in front is bizarre behavior for one.

I think we could also increase the indent between the chest and arms, and peak the shoulders up top, like so -

cAMqg5s.png

Sort of following the same "detachable" look as Loki and Limbo. With the outer indentations as they are now, it would simultaneously give the impression that they're plated on top of the coating, as well as offer the alternative interpretation that the coat is long but sleeveless.

If we limit the armor to just a belt and shoulders (and whatever we do with the chestplate), he can still keep a sleeker appearance.

Admittedly, I didnt have any idea what the coat had to do with being an earth elemental, but then I thought

350px-Demoman_taunt_laugh.png?t=20111122

Since hes a sabotaur and all.

Edited by Annon5150

Tbh, it sounds cool but really niche and ripe for trolling.

(Missed this, woops...)

Admittedly, Plateau does present some difficulties, what with being difficult to rank up...

What if the augment attempted to propel you a minimum distance when you jumped (like Tail Wind or Super Jump), and if that distance isn't possible then it won't work?

Like, you jump and tap Barricade, it tries to rocket you 10 meters up. If you're in a tunnel, it won't form one at all because it would shove you into the ceiling.

I do agree with Annon though, we should stop calling it a fauld - although it does make a nice extension to the coat, and could stand to stay. We should consider doing something in the back there (still tempted to say "tail" but that could be distracting given that perfect window to his booty); if we do have it closed in the back, it'll already be unique considering Frost and Limbo have their coats split in back while Volt's kilt diminishes in the front.

I think we should also consider another belt option - the rest of the coat is great but the fact that it just reaches around in front is bizarre behavior for one.

I think we could also increase the indent between the chest and arms, and peak the shoulders up top, like so -

cAMqg5s.png

Sort of following the same "detachable" look as Loki and Limbo. With the outer indentations as they are now, it would simultaneously give the impression that they're plated on top of the coating, as well as offer the alternative interpretation that the coat is long but sleeveless.

If we limit the armor to just a belt and shoulders (and whatever we do with the chestplate), he can still keep a sleeker appearance.

Nice ideas. I see the logic there.

I still like your idea of having sharp sections, like the pic you showed me, as well as having softer parts as well.

A belt and shoulders and maby chest to stand out makes sense.

A tail would probably give a bit of Nightcrawler feel to it. Not sure.

A tail would probably give a bit of Nightcrawler feel to it. Not sure.

As an alternative to the tail, I'm still partial to him having one wrapped around one of his legs, or as his belt. Former case might look better.

Edited by Archwizard

As an alternative to the tail, I'm still partial to him having one wrapped around one of his legs, or as his belt. Former case might look better.

I think the details are key. If wrapped around a leg it can tie into the belt, we are talking biomechanical armor after all.

My question is the tail itself. Wont it look like either a cable or a worm? I know we talked about that, and it can work but only if it looks cool.

I can try in a bit. I need to sculpt a while to get an even amount of definition everywhere.

Edited by arch111

I think the details are key. If wrapped around a leg it can tie into the belt, we are talking biomechanical armor after all.

I'm not sure about having it do both.

The way I'm imagining it, either it'll be a belt running down the leg (meaning it has to lift the coat in the back to wrap around, and lift the former fauld to go down the leg, which would just make it look perpetually uneven without clipping through it), or a leg attachment rising up to become the belt (meaning it originates on the leg, making it not a tail at all), or two separate tails (which might just look bizarre).

Having it just be a leg attachment will probably interfere with the coat the least, since it can just come down the spine from under the coat and wrap the leg under the 'fauld'. Personally, I think this is the best option.

The only other thing I can think of is having it wrap around the leg first (as the 'best' option above), then wrap the leg again the opposite direction rising up, to exit through the split in the coat and wrap around the waist as the belt... but that would make the tail look impossibly long, and the transition from leg to waist might look awkward.

Unless you're imagining something else, of course.

My question is the tail itself. Wont it look like either a cable or a worm? I know we talked about that, and it can work but only if it looks cool.

Sounds like your going for a mouse or rat theme.

Are you gonna change the shape of the arms and legs to match? Oby's got big thighs and shoulders and Chroma's got spiked calves that make them both look zigzaggy like animal legs tend to.

Are you gonna change the shape of the arms and legs to match? Oby's got big thighs and shoulders and Chroma's got spiked calves that make them both look zigzaggy like animal legs tend to.

I wouldn't quite say Chroma's calves are quite spiked so much as his knees... maybe Loki's would fit better there.

This concept seems odd given the current map design and the frames that are already out there, but the abilities are definitely in line with what we currently have for Warframe design. 

I like the idea of the burrowing idea, although the mechanics seem like they wold be hard to pull of in terms of interactions with stairs and steep hills.

Barricade is quite unique, and I like the idea of being able to use the ability for offensive or defensive game-play based on how its used. I quite like the idea of abilities that respond well with player interaction. 

tremor_scindo_by_gaber111-d94kp2j.jpg

The render to the left is more or less how Tremor would look in the Evolution-engine. The right is allso perspective so possibly a foundry pose.

What I have done is open up the coat and merge the top and bottom halves together. The Legs and feet have more details on them now, and the chestpiece I have begun to detail.

The collar of the coat I made more defined to make it stand out.

The shoulders I made more distict as suggested and the whole of the torso/waist is more snug now, it was a bit wide before.

The arms have minor touches on them, nothing major.

I added the weapons to get a better feel of how it looks overall. I am liking the progression it is going in now.

Loving it.

I think we could stand to make him look a bit more grimy, but other than that he's going a very satisfying direction.

Cool! You are probably right about that.

But I think what you said before about creating a whole polished suit first, and then mess it up would feel the most satisfying.

Next up I will bring feet, hands and legs up to speed, the hands a bit clawed as well, and try that back-leg bit.

One question I have. The knee area. U can go for a realy hard-smooth armour-pad, or a more organic knee. Or something that sticks up a bit to mimic the shoulder-ridge.

What do you think?

Edited by arch111