Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, How's That Psychic Wound, De?

ReiganCross

Healed up from the Dark Sector crush yet? Figured it was about time to ask this since, y'know, the game that you actually wanted to make is going so well with such a positive feedback that some of your fanboys will downright exclude anyone that doesn't talk about this game in a positive light. (This is suposed to be a good thing, right?)

So, with this new sucess (and finally the transport of the Glaive over to Warframe), is that old Dark Sector wound healed up by now? I'd kind of like to see Hayden Tenno talking again, instead of dead radio silence or lotus barking orders around (Feel like bringing Michael Rosenbaum back to do Excal again? XD).

Heh, all joking aside, it seems that there is now very little remaining to be transported from Dark Sector to Warframe... Mainly Rocket Launchers, Grenades and PvP, but i'm kind on the side that those shouldn't be here to begin with, so yeah, VERY little of Dark Sector to be carried over.

Lets just say not until everything is finished. They've obviously got concept stuff hidden away even back from their original Dark Sector days.

Well, yeah, but everything that actually made it while they were under Dark Sector (Anything good, anyways) already made it here. Now what they will do is implement what "WOULD" be there, which, for me, is already Warframe and no longer Dark Sector remnant (Like the Glaive is.)

Maybe Hayden is the stalker?

Uhhh.. Very possible, he DID have the congenital defect of feeling no pain, didn't he?... That would make him ideal for surviving almost anything thrown at him while he meditated his teleportation away.

Healed up from the Dark Sector crush yet? Figured it was about time to ask this since, y'know, the game that you actually wanted to make is going so well with such a positive feedback that some of your fanboys will downright exclude anyone that doesn't talk about this game in a positive light. (This is suposed to be a good thing, right?)

So, with this new sucess (and finally the transport of the Glaive over to Warframe), is that old Dark Sector wound healed up by now? I'd kind of like to see Hayden Tenno talking again, instead of dead radio silence or lotus barking orders around (Feel like bringing Michael Rosenbaum back to do Excal again? XD).

Heh, all joking aside, it seems that there is now very little remaining to be transported from Dark Sector to Warframe... Mainly Rocket Launchers, Grenades and PvP, but i'm kind on the side that those shouldn't be here to begin with, so yeah, VERY little of Dark Sector to be carried over.

English is not my first language so forgive me for asking this, are you been sarcastic, negative or positive? I am confused

English is not my first language so forgive me for asking this, are you been sarcastic, negative or positive? I am confused

A little here, a little there... I like to mix around not to stale my normally extremely long wall of text, so sometimes i'm sarcastic, sometimes i'm positive, sometimes i'm negative... Try to figure out where's what! =P

A little here, a little there... I like to mix around not to stale my normally extremely long wall of text, so sometimes i'm sarcastic, sometimes i'm positive, sometimes i'm negative... Try to figure out where's what! =P

Oh OK, that is what I was thinking, but I have to be careful lately people are misreading a lot what I write.... (rolling eyes live here)

Oh OK, that is what I was thinking, but I have to be careful lately people are misreading a lot what I write.... (rolling eyes live here)

I  know what you mean, i often lose my point because someone though i was being serious about bringing back the Dark Sector story. (Which, to my understanding, is basically: "Dude was trying to make evolution happen by killing everyone because evil.")

Really?... I'v never really played the whole thing myself, never really wanted to because most gameplay i watch of it is a guy hiding behind a wall trying to throw a Glaive into a multitude of dudes and never really progressing. (Which is why i kind of tolerate DE's hate for cover system. I don't aprove of it and i do think cover can be done right, but i understand where they are coming from.)

Really?... I'v never really played the whole thing myself, never really wanted to because most gameplay i watch of it is a guy hiding behind a wall trying to throw a Glaive into a multitude of dudes and never really progressing. (Which is why i kind of tolerate DE's hate for cover system. I don't aprove of it and i do think cover can be done right, but i understand where they are coming from.)

You should seriously give it a try. The game is dead cheap now and you wouldn't lose much even if you decided it was not your thing. For me, darkSector was a fundamental cornerstone of what I look for in Game Aesthetics and atmosphere. As much as the game had flaws, it was a phenomenal experience.

Now, I'm confused. Are you talking about Warframe carrying over from the Dark Sector from 5 years ago or the original Dark Sector plans from 9 years ago?

Edited by FatalX7

I sense Sarcasm and Hate.

Lots, of it.

Lets just say not until everything is finished. They've obviously got concept stuff hidden away even back from their original Dark Sector days.

Any game worth its salt is never finished, only added to and adjusted. What we now call "open beta" was "launch" the decade before.

Now, I'm confused. Are you talking about Warframe carrying over from the Dark Sector from 5 years ago or the original Dark Sector plans from 9 years ago?

Definitely the awesome concepts about 9years ago before they went around developers hoping to set it on the Civil War of all things. (Yes, because a techno-organic virus seems like a great idea to be set in the past... Damn do i love the Sci-Fi Warframe!)

One note... everyone lately have been taking everything said violently seriously to the point they are literal trolls...

On another note Dark Sector was a great game I made it all the way up to chapter 8 where you first get the Excalibur Armor and run around... only to be disappointed it did not give me more life or armor... Still fun game... Also its online mode was silly as it was filled with one hit kill sneak attacks that made the last AVP game look good, and it was terrible...

Also psychic wounds like that do not heal... its called trial and error... once you feel pain from doing something... you do everything possible to avoid it again...

Then why are they not seeking help from publishers again? Obvious because they learned their lesson the wound does not heal and therefore they never trust another publisher again...

Edit: controlled help that is... they still get help to distribute from steam, and G1 but outside of that no controlling factors like before...

Edited by Arlayn