Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto-Waypoint Module Drops

PapaKicks

---ORIGINAL POST---

For the love of Lotus, please auto-waypoint modules.

---EDIT---

Please read the whole thread, a few players explained the reasons why this is needed much much better than I can.

Replies to people:

- I made a bug post saying that theif's wit does not display modules. I would be entirely satisfied with that fixed.

Seeing them through walls would be just fine.

- Some of you need to try playing random groups more often to understand things like this. Players who run off chasing an enemy, players who rush way ahead maybe taking a different path than the rest of the group, players getting temporarily lost, players who just don't care enough to waypoint, players who don't know how to waypoint, players who don't know they should waypoint.

Edited by Akivoodoo

So you guys don't group with people who never waypoint them? Guess not.

I waypoint them if I'm in a group. Atleast the thing I suggested wasn't a replacement for an action of a human being, why not have them auto waypoint materials or affinity, or credits? Why not, at that point, just remove the waypoint altogether?

Seeing them through walls is all your gunna get if anything because it doesn't do something automatically for you.

Edited by Thingofmyth

This is S#&$, you want auto aim? auto move?

Seriously this game is not for kids, and i dont want this game ll be a casual game.

That seems a bit hostile for no reason. It is a common problem in pickup games when players don't mark the mods. You don't want to have to go looking around after every fight to see if someone failed to tell you about a mod.

And yes this game is for kids and casuals. If you want serious I suggest you look into:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

or GunZ or Arma.

Arguing that it dumbs down the team play aspect of the game though is legit, but easy there champ. This is a friendly PvE game and a friendly forum - you don't have to verbally assault someone for a suggestion that doesn't even affect the game play.

I waypoint them if I'm in a group. Atleast the thing I suggested wasn't a replacement for an action of a human being, why not have them auto waypoint materials or affinity, or credits? Why not, at that point, just remove the waypoint altogether?

Seeing them through walls is all your gunna get if anything because it doesn't do something automatically for you.

Seeing them through walls would be just fine.

That seems a bit hostile for no reason. It is a common problem in pickup games when players don't mark the mods. You don't want to have to go looking around after every fight to see if someone failed to tell you about a mod.

And yes this game is for kids and casuals. If you want serious I suggest you look into:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

or GunZ or Arma.

Arguing that it dumbs down the team play aspect of the game though is legit, but easy there champ. This is a friendly PvE game and a friendly forum - you don't have to verbally assault someone for a suggestion that doesn't even affect the game play.

he said S*** it's not even mildly offensive. This game isn't just for casuals either. 

The whole point of having to mark it makes it so that you have to go and look after each fight. it takes 5 seconds tops to see something with a glowing blue aura. If you really feel the need for auto waypoint why not just open cheatengine and play warframe? it does it automatically for you.

he said S*** it's not even mildly offensive. This game isn't just for casuals either. 

The whole point of having to mark it makes it so that you have to go and look after each fight. it takes 5 seconds tops to see something with a glowing blue aura. If you really feel the need for auto waypoint why not just open cheatengine and play warframe? it does it automatically for you.

Because the skill of the game is not in searching for mods on the ground that teammates you don't know haven't bothered to mark. It is a perfectly legit request for auto-waypoints or appearing through walls, and trying to compare that request to aimbotting or is a bit dismissive for no real reason and is pretty much trolling. If you vote no, just vote no.

My even having to respond to the trolling is kind of turning me into a forum troll, so I am done with this little debate now. 

Because the skill of the game is not in searching for mods on the ground that teammates you don't know haven't bothered to mark. It is a perfectly legit request for auto-waypoints or appearing through walls, and trying to compare that request to aimbotting or is a bit dismissive for no real reason and is pretty much trolling. If you vote no, just vote no.

My even having to respond to the trolling is kind of turning me into a forum troll, so I am done with this little debate now. 

I appreciate the response. I was a little surprised at the response from others. My only guess is they don't pick up group much.

For the love of Lotus, please auto-waypoint modules.

+

yep. would be good.

It's kinda get annoying to mark them everytime. A lot of afford which could be avoided with auto waypoint marker :)

Edited by Trayzard

I appreciate the response. I was a little surprised at the response from others. My only guess is they don't pick up group much.

Welcome to forums, home of trolls. Expect for every idea someone to be violently opposed to it, often for absurd or non-existent reasons.

This would be a great thing to implement, if only on certain low level systems. I've been trying to introduce people to the game, namely my roommate (Who is by no means an FPS fan, but he likes Borderlands same as I do), but trying to do pickup matches, he sometimes falls behind or misses stuff because he is colorblind. Plus, it's not like the game tutorial shows you 1. What all the pickups are (such as mods, blueprints or materials) 2. How to mark a waypoint and 3. Things like doors and whatnot. And while I can pick these things up pretty easily, others might not be able to. So this would be nice on systems like Mercury and Venus and other low level areas, but maybe not on Pluto or Eris. 

It seems a bit unnecessary to me.  I get a certain feeling of **smug** when I find a mod and mark it for my team.  It makes me feel involved and like I am contributing something extra.

Being able to see them all the time would diminish from that - so I am going to say no to this one.

If you don't pick up a module that you never knew it dropped, does it still matter? 

Think about it ;)

Yes it still makes a sound... ;)

Most of the time I'm running around searching (and finding) because I know my teammates might not be marking them, so it's actually hurting the group as a whole. So to needlessly answer your rhetorical question, I knew they dropped, therefore it mattered. :b

Speaking of...

If Player One runs around and never marks, that's three players who miss out on that mod. YOU could be one of the three.*

*Responding with "No it wouldn't be me for [reason]" does not invalidate my point.

NO! The only solution for thief's wit to waypoint them. Then the dratted things would have a use!

I made a bug post saying that theif's wit does not display modules. I would be entirely satisfied with that fixed.

They ought to do the same for Blueprints too.

Blueprints need to be more visible. Actaully, Blueprints should look like Mods, not Affinity Orbs. I'm still angry about the time I missed a Rhino Systems blueprint. Still have not gotten another to drop, and I have 4 helmets and 3 chassis..........