Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Tenno Are Now Made Out Of Normal Flesh?!

DofD

The naming convention I fully agree on.

But as for the state of Tenno, I'd kinda like to think of it as a Tennos life cycle.

Initially a Tenno might be a regular person with void powers, with all the limitations a physical body brings.

At this stage, a Rhino is a Rhino, and a Nekros is a Nekros, no cross over.

In time, a Tennos power grows, up until they reach a point where they can choose to break free of their mortal shell and become something more.

In this state, size, gender, or any physical attribute cease to matter, any Tenno can inhabit any Frame.

It's an elegant solution and fits in with what we know about Tenno from in game

And that is an interesting theory, once I'm not horribly against, but I believe more in the below statement:

"Operator, your choice of Warframe...suits you! Ha...Ha" We are one person donning multiple frames. The frames we use are based off the original Tenno who wore them. In the Orokin Era, during the Sentient War, Warframes were made to specifically accommodate the Tenno they were given to (We see this in Mirage, Limbo, Rhino P, etc). Now, however, the Tenno have lost their memory of how to craft entirely new Warframes, and must simply resort to recreating older ones. Our Tenno are basically the awkward step children wearing big brother's hand-me-downs.

As for why we can change genders and body types? That, I don't know. Maybe it's in the same way a person can both drive a tank and a Corvette, we don't morph to fit into the vehicles we drive, we merely sit in the driver's seat and tell them where to go. I imagine the only reason certain frames are built in certain ways is because they resemble the original wearer, but there's no particular reason a male Tenno couldn't cross-dress for a while and be a Trinity/Mesa/etc. and vice-versa.

If that was Ordis' only quote on the matter I'd be inclined to say "yeah, may be sarcasm" but, as it is... Though, even in the Orokin Era I don't think the frames were unique to one Tenno or another, though I'd imagine there MIGHT have been a slightly stricter "dress code" but that remains to be seen.

I like to think that the Technocyte of the Warframe absorbs us a little - like a Guyver unit or the Venom Symbiote - when we enter it, incorporating ourselves into its mass, and then when we leave it we're simply regurgitated whole without issue to enter a knew frame which does the same. Hence we are able to wear all kinds of body-shaped frames without issue.

EDIT: Also, still waiting on that link to the site, OP.

Edited by Morec0

The body of the Tenno may be remote controlled, or at least directed by a third party (us.)  This is implied in the Rhino P codex entry where what we assume to be a primal Rhino without a warframe casting a crude ironskin approaches the scientists that have entered the "morgue" only for the creature to stop at the doorway and look at its hands like it's the first time it has ever seen them.  Considering the range on the control influence, and the general prevalence of spinal/cranium exposure in many Warframes, it could be suggested that donning a new warframe is more like a brain transplant of sorts.

There is a person (Tenno) inside each combat suit (Warframe) though.  Whether these people can be defined as "living" is up for debate though.

Edited by Littleman88

The Tenno are Orokin people sent into the void, They were changed and there brought in as survivors to occupy the Warframe suits during the Orokin war with the sentients (I:E Excalibur) They're suits are made of a variation of the Technocyte Virus which is why the J3 Golem quote is "Why do you attack us we are your flesh", I might have said that wrong but you get the gist.

Nanomachines son.

"Why won't you die?!"

"Heh heh heh...!" A second skin of extremely dense carbon molecules covered the other Tenno. He lifted a hand slowly, admiring it as shining armor enveloped it.

"Iron Skin, Excalibur." The Rhino smashed the ground, creating a miniature crater. He looked up with an arrogant smile. "You can't hurt me, Tenno!"

[+H]

"So... what do you think?"

Excalibur coughed, feeling as though he had been run over by a Riot MOA. "How the hell did you get that frame?"

Rhino laughed again. "Well, who needs to farm and grind when you have platinum?"

In all seriousness, Tenno are (probably) beings of energy that can inhabit and "wear" biotechnological Warframes. Wetware (Your brain's "programming", for example) is a pretty common idea in sci-fi; why not apply it to armor?

This also explains how the Tenno never really die. Warframes do, and I'm guessing Revives are basically a nice helping of healing nanomachines. But if the Warframe dies, the Tenno can simply return to their ship safely despite failing the mission.

"Why won't you die?!"

"Heh heh heh...!" A second skin of extremely dense carbon molecules covered the other Tenno. He lifted a hand slowly, admiring it as shining armor enveloped it.

"Iron Skin, Excalibur." The Rhino smashed the ground, creating a miniature crater. He looked up with an arrogant smile. "You can't hurt me, Tenno!"

Nooooo, no no no no, it's:

Vor: Why won't you die!

Rhino: Ahahaha! Nanomachines, gramps! They harden in response to physical trauma... You can't hurt me, Vor!

*Vor blasts him with the Janus key*

Rhino: Ha! What did I just say!

*Rhino Stomp*

The Tenno are Orokin people sent into the void, They were changed and there brought in as survivors to occupy the Warframe suits during the Orokin war with the sentients (I:E Excalibur) They're suits are made of a variation of the Technocyte Virus which is why the J3 Golem quote is "Why do you attack us we are your flesh", I might have said that wrong but you get the gist.

Is my thought exactly. I'd say the Technocyte of the suit is also why we can switch frames, but this remains to be seen.

Nanomachines son.

This +

This + the Angel rescuing Mag make me wonder.....

Why were people sent to the void in the first place? What were the Orokin looking for orginally?

I think Mag Primes descripition of the Angels and Chroma hold a clue.

Maybe these Angels are sometype of Void Construct. Designed to protect the Void and outsiders from the Technocyte Virus created by the Angels creators. Techno-organic Dragons able to use  Void and elemental engery at will.

The description says blue energy, metal hand, flight. For some reason, I imagine Void Angels as Blue Beetle(comic) robots. Each using a different element.

Cold

Fire

Toxin

Electric

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Nooooo, no no no no, it's:

Vor: Why won't you die!

Rhino: Ahahaha! Nanomachines, gramps! They harden in response to physical trauma... You can't hurt me, Vor!

*Vor blasts him with the Janus key*

Rhino: Ha! What did I just say!

*Rhino Stomp*

Goddammit, now I have a mental image of Vor with a white wig saying "Bullseye!" with that raspy smoker's voice.

Hmmm. That would actually be pretty badass.

This +

This + the Angel rescuing Mag make me wonder.....

Why were people sent to the void in the first place? What were the Orokin looking for orginally?

I think Mag Primes descripition of the Angels and Chroma hold a clue.

Maybe these Angels are sometype of Void Construct. Designed to protect the Void and outsiders from the Technocyte Virus created by the Angels creators. Techno-organic Dragons able to use  Void and elemental engery at will.

The description says blue energy, metal hand, flight. For some reason, I imagine Void Angels as Blue Beetle(comic) robots. Each using a different element.

Cold

Fire

Toxin

Electric

But

The angel was the soldier seeing the Tenno with Archwing on, it was something of a teaser for Archwing released before its announcement. I don't think there was ever anything actually living in the Void before the Zariman went there and returned.

I think the Orokin were simply experimenting with the Void, seeing exactly what they could do with it and how it worked, trying to understand it to later build their towers within it. The result of this? The creation of the beings called Tenno.

Goddammit, now I have a mental image of Vor with a white wig saying "Bullseye!" with that raspy smoker's voice.

Hmmm. That would actually be pretty badass.

Vor is Raidan.

Sargas Ruk is Bladewolf.

Get it? GET IT!?! "DOGS"! HAHAHHAHAHHAHAA!!!!

[link] [/link]

partly metal...

NOOOOSTAAAAAALIGA!!!!

Also, the more I hear about where this came from, the less I'm sure this is accurate. The PR/News site this is found on ALSO says that "in the future, Tenno will work with the Avengers to save the universe". There's just no way that is remotely true, or even viable to the canon, so I've just got to say that this very image is thrown into question.

So, while I still believe we have physical bodies inside our Warframes, I don't at all think this Chinese image is reflective of DE's greater plans for the Tenno/Warframe storyline or portrayal.

Edited by Morec0

Other hands we have clear body formations. If the warframes just robots what we can control with energy or with telepathy then they should not need any physical form they could be simple just robot like beings. Then the gender is meaningless if they are just energy creatures.

Edited by Sziklamester

The angel was the soldier seeing the Tenno with Archwing on, it was something of a teaser for Archwing released before its announcement. I don't think there was ever anything actually living in the Void before the Zariman went there and returned.

I think the Orokin were simply experimenting with the Void, seeing exactly what they could do with it and how it worked, trying to understand it to later build their towers within it. The result of this? The creation of the beings called Tenno.

Where did the TechnoCyte Virus come from? Void.

Where did Tenno technolgy come from? Void based Orokin technology.

Why did the Orokin go to the Void? Resources, maybe.

Where did Archwings come from? Void based Orokin technology.

Yes they found the Sentients, but Dragons have also been called Wyrms........

We do have Wyrm Prime Sentinels.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Pretty sure Lotus woke us up from Cryo-sleep state. And Correct me if I'm wrong, the whole point of Cryo-sleep is to make sure our bodies don't die right? Isn't this more than enough to proof that Tennos are flesh and not energy?

I don't think they ever really said where Technocyte came from in Warframe. I think the Orokin engineered or attempted to re-engineer Hayden's virus to use as a weapon instead of recovering it from the Void. This is assuming the Dark Sector and Warframe universe are one of course, which seems likely when reading proto-skin descriptions and other happenstances within the game.

We do have Wyrm Prime Sentinels.

The Technocyte existed LONG before the Void. Evidence in Dark Sector (where it first appeared) suggests it was an American-created disease, but given the time difference between that and Warframe it's just easier to say it was an Orokin technology.

Orokin Void technology is based on the Void, yes, but it was designed by the Orokin, created by their (albeit likely limited) understanding of how that hell-scape worked. 

The Orokin were using the Void as a means of transportation - the "folding" referred to in the Ember Prime Codex that the Zariman made, and later use of the Solar Rails seen in Mag Prime's Codex. Experimenting it and studying it to better work with and utilize it in the above-mentioned technology of theirs.

See the second bit for my response to this - just because it's connected to the Void doesn't mean it came FROM the Void.

And, lastly, you're extrapolating a LITTLE bit much from the name of a Sentinel. We also have Helios Sentinel. Did we find an ancient Greek/Roman god as well?

I doubt dragons ACTUALLY exist in this universe, there is zero evidence besides an extrapolation of a trophy being worn by a dragon-themed Warframe.

And the Sentients seem to have come from another system - the one with the blue star mentioned in Mag Prime's Codex - rather than the Void, but we DO lack further evidence in that I'll admit.

Edited by Morec0