Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full Pc Controller Support

Cryyos

I personally like to play with a controller on the pc. I think its far past time to implement full controller support into pc. Having partial is so annoying because I can select a mission with my controller but I have to use my mouse to click accept. I don't think it would be hard you probably just have to use the code for the xbox one. (idk how it works) Does anyone else feel this way or am I the only pc user who uses controllers?

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Edited by cocoapebbles10

This is what I've figured out through my own checks over time. Can't say it's comprehensive, but it's as thorough as I can make it.

However, if you launch the game through Steam Big Picture, it's significantly improved, albeit with a few things given up in exchange, mostly the plethora of binding options that the game has Pure. (Including the lack of ability to bind which key you use to open the chat bubble...for some reason)

Over all, launched 'Pure', the game mainly only has controller support for Gameplay, and is...sporadic on the integration with Menus.

Hopefully it'll get better over time, but at present, best advice I have is to launch the game in Big Picture, if you have Steam at least, as there it's far more user friendly and actually tells you what does what.

Otherwise...majority of Controller inputs for Menus are limited to the bumpers and the mouse is ultimately a requisite.

Hope this helps.

PS: Not sure anyone else noticed, but since the fixed the Chroma Quest to be acceptable by Controller, Grineer panels are co-operating again, which is nice.

Edited by Blakrana

I actually prefer partial, because as far as I'm aware, you can't customize controls when there's full controller support.

You can to a point. Big Picture is mostly adaptable, but there are a few glaring omissions from the rebinding options, namely 'Chat tab' button and a Sprint/Roll or 'Toggle Crouch' button option instead of a 'Hold to crouch/tap to roll' button with sprint just being...there.

Those are honestly the only key issues I find, outside of the inherent 'Archwing/standard' control conflicts. No matter where you move your Crouch toggle on foot set ups, it does not recognise it as anything other than Left Bumper.

Certainly more freedom than I'm used to seeing when it comes to control rebinding.

I do find that Warframe feels much better suited to using a controller than keyboard/mouse.  Pulling off all the usual feats of flashy acrobatics and melee combat are much easier and more fluid with my Xbox controller.

The only caveat I've found with current controller support is that there seems to be no way to alter your matchmaking type.  I can open the selection menu by hitting the Y button when 'paused', but there isn't a button which lets you actually select your type.  It's a pretty frustrating little oversight.

• 3 months later...

uhm, maybe a bit of topic but i just bought a controller (trust gamepad GXT39) and it doesn't seem supported. am i just being a noob and miss a config option i need to change or is the controller unsupported.

sorry if this isn't the place to ask this question and thanks for helping me out

Controllers are already supported, there just aren't any on screen prompts for specific buttons while a Controller is connected.

so like much of Warframe, you're expected to know it all by magic. :p

They work, but they dont work for everything in the UI.  You have to use a mouse or the Dualshocks touchpad for certain things, equipment, mods and party selection etc.