Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma "toxin Ward"

KingTaro

Toxin Ward: Elemental Ward with the Toxin attribute.

For those who don't know, at max rank the Toxin Ward increases the stamina by 100 points and reduces the stamina cost by 70% (and has a 50% chance to inflict poison damage to nearby enemies)

The Toxin seems to be rather lackluster compared to the other options.

As someone whose main build is focussed around stamina, I can tell you that there are ways to achieve a Stamina build with a higher efficiency than focussing on the Elemental Ward with a poison attribute. Namely, building around Shield Flux.

I was really happy when I saw that 100% max stamina reduction on the wiki page, achievable by using power strength mods. But after several tests, I learned it to be untrue. (I've changed the value from 100% to 89% on the wiki page)

From what I can tell, the stamina reduction percentage is calculated in a way that the power strength is not affecting the reduction percentage directly, but is being applied to the factor by which the stamina consumption is devided.

I'll try to elaborate.

The default value indicates that the stamina cost is reduced to 30%, meaning it's 3.3 times lower, so devided by a factor of 3.3. And when we use power strength mods, the strength mods actually boost that 3.3 factor.

With a 200% total power strength, you'd have a reduction factor of 6.6. Devide 100% by 6.6 and you get a stamina cost of 15%. In other words, it will never reach a stamina cost of 0% as originally mentioned on the wiki.

If this is how it trully works, then it's a bit unnecessarily confusing, in my opinion, and makes the Toxin elemental pretty useless compared to the other options.

I don't see how 100% reduction would be OP. Yes, this means you can block any damage at any level. But you can't attack when blocking and you'd have to recast the skill at some point. Not to mention you'd have to be in melee mode to be able to block.

I'd suggest to have the power strength mods apply directly to the 70% reduction.

So if you'd use Intensify, you'd have 70% * 1.3 = 91% stamina reduction. And to reach 100%, you'd need at least 43% extra power strength.

Even if 100% stamina was possible, I think that most people would still go for the other elements, but at least the Toxin won't be useless for those who love to build around Stamina.

I haven't completely given up on Toxin and will give it another go. This is my opinion after having experimented with the Toxin Ward for around 2 hours.

The damage mitigation would be ridiculous on a melee build. Also, throw a reflection on there and you wouldn't need to do anything but block the whole match. Admittedly, it would be a slow match, but still.

Also, let me know how toxin goes. I have been playing with Frost and Fire with mixed success.

I know this isn't really the point of your post but having an ability whose mechanic revolves around stamina in general is a bad idea in my opinion.

I honestly see no use for increased stamina (or stamina efficiency) for any frame because even with nearly 0 stamina you can still use melee without inhibition and you can copter for speed instead of running.

As for blocking, as it currently stands there is minimal uses for it apart from resisting KDs since blocking won't allow you to deal damage (obviously) and it's just a matter of time until that heavy gunner will wear you down and then you are back to square one only that now you can't run...

Now, since we are talking specifically about Chroma, I think that giving him added stamina/stamina efficiency is even more useless for him than other frames because of Vex Armor.

Chroma is a frame that wants to get hit in order to activate Scorn and Fury so blocking with him is counterproductive and other than blocking there is really no need for such vast amounts of stamina.

Chroma is a very durable tank with Vex on so in most cases I can walk leisurely into a platoon of corrupted and dispose of them with melee even without any stamina.

TL:DR

No frame really needs a stamina buff and Chroma in particular doesn't need it.

@xRufus7x

With Shield Flux, you can have almost infinite stamina, when combined with your sentinel's "Guardian" mod or Raksa's "Protection" mod.

With that combo, I've tried running a reflection build and so far, it wasn't as impressive as I hoped for.

So I'm not really sure if that would have been the reason why DE decided to prevent 100% stamina reduction.

@Blightshadow

Exactly what I'm saying. Even if the reduction is 100%, most people still won't go for a stamina build.

However, stamina build is nowhere near useless.

Demonstration:

Another video: 

@Prof_Blocks_007

Indeed. Really looking forward to it.

@Blightshadow

Exactly what I'm saying. Even if the reduction is 100%, most people still won't go for a stamina build.

However, stamina build is nowhere near useless.

Actually, as I see it, both videos prove my point that a stamina build is useless.

Most of the time in the video when he is attacking his stamina depletes rapidly but he continues to destroy everything around him even with 0 stamina just by slide-attacking.

The video therefore proves that you don't need stamina in order to wreak havoc so building around stamina is mostly useless.

The only uses I see for stamina builds is either for running a lot without stopping (to rush missions) or in order to block a lot which I explained why I think this is a bad idea in my earlier comment.

All that said, Prof_blocks_007 mentioned that the stamina mechanic is being reworked (I missed that livestream so I didn't know that) so there is hope yet but until they implement a rework I stand by what I have stated earlier.

Actually, as I see it, both videos prove my point that a stamina build is useless.

Most of the time in the video when he is attacking his stamina depletes rapidly but he continues to destroy everything around him even with 0 stamina just by slide-attacking.

The video therefore proves that you don't need stamina in order to wreak havoc so building around stamina is mostly useless.

The only uses I see for stamina builds is either for running a lot without stopping (to rush missions) or in order to block a lot which I explained why I think this is a bad idea in my earlier comment.

All that said, Prof_blocks_007 mentioned that the stamina mechanic is being reworked (I missed that livestream so I didn't know that) so there is hope yet but until they implement a rework I stand by what I have stated earlier.

Pay attention to the Shield. You'll notice it decreasing as I slide around. That's because of the Shield Flux.

In other words, with Shield Flux I've got over 1000 stamina, but each time my shield reaches 0 due to the Shield Flux, the Guardian mod kicks in and replenishes the shield, those replenishes my stamina. Basically, providing me with almost infinite stamina.

So yes, the video shows you the potentials of a Stamina build.

I hope it's clear now that the Stamina isn't useless.

I did not realize you had Shield Flux which essentially boosted your stamina in the videos, my bad.

I retract my previous statement and concede that a stamina build is not without its uses but I still find it rather... limited for a lack of a better word.