Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ship In Star Citizen Costs 250$ As A "concept" Purchases & More

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizens-vanguard-concept-fighter-costs-a-cool-250/

So I've covered SC quite a bit, with 2 threads dedicated to it and a mention on another news thread. The newest ship costs 250$ and is not actually ready yet. But you can still buy it.

I get the game needs funding (which I don't think it does, because it went over 77 million dollars in crowdfunding), but purchasing something for the concept doesn't seem right.

And in other news that may horrify you or excite you, the Star Wars: Battlefront debut trailer will be shown on April 17th.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/here-s-when-star-wars-battlefront-s-first-trailer-/1100-6426292/

Now it horrifies me because this is EA we are talking about.

But it excites me because I adore the Battlefront games.

So which are you? Horrified or excited? Or maybe both.

And behold! STAR WARS IF IT WAS DESIGNED BY SQUARE ENIX!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/if-square-enix-designed-star-wars/1100-6426256/?ftag=YHR28b9ce3

This just screams Final Fantasy.

Edit: Edited out incorrect information as per below posts

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Kek , this has been done for every ship in the game except the hornet(and scythe, sorry)  which was the only ship they made before the kickstarter.

I dont know why people that aren't part of the SC community getting worked up on it. You aren't going or have paid for it so why complain?

Edited by evil_m3nace

I dont know why people that aren't part of the SC community getting worked up on it. You aren't going or have paid for it so why complain?

Because most people want to pay something for when they can use it immediately. To have to wait and see what the final product is just doesn't set right vibes to others.

Besides, who are you to say we can't get worked up about it? Everyone has a right to share what they think on a certain matter.

Concept sales have been going on for quite some time now, the first concept ship I bought is flyable now i.e. the Gladius.

They even warned people saying you are only paying for a concept therefore it comes with Lifetime Insurance and a reduced cost compared to when it gets implemented in the game.

Kek , this has been done for every ship in the game except the hornet which was the only ship they made before the kickstarter.

Yup. Exactly. Think of the folks who bought Constellations, Gladiac bombers and other ships that still can't fly yet. The mining ship is not even hangar ready.

You buy because you believe in Chris's vision. If you don't then dont. If your belief has a financial cap then spend up to that cap.

Because most people want to pay something for when they can use it immediately. To have to wait and see what the final product is just doesn't set right vibes to others.

Besides, who are you to say we can't get worked up about it? Everyone has a right to share what they think on a certain matter.

So my question is, this has been done before many many times. for every ship infact. so why all of a sudden its ''PAYING FOR CONCEPT MODEL??? DIE HERITICSSSSSSSS!!''

So my question is, this has been done before many many times. for every ship infact. so why all of a sudden its ''PAYING FOR CONCEPT MODEL??? DIE HERITICSSSSSSSS!!''

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know they did it before hand. I just use what the news site tells me. Here I'll go ahead and punch myself because I made a simple mistake.

You act like I'm painting them as monsters. I just don't agree with that idea yet here you are spouting crap like that.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know they did it before hand. I just use what the news site tells me. 

You act like I'm painting them as monsters. I just don't agree with that idea yet here you are spouting crap like that.

Have you seen the people commenting about it on PC gamer and gamespot? its pretty close to that.

Have you seen the people commenting about it on PC gamer and gamespot? its pretty close to that.

No I don't look at comments. You look at the news article, decide whether it's interesting, post it here for others.

I still can't believe you acted like that just now. 

Make a mistake --> I'm telling them to "die heretics"

Edited by ScrublordPrime

No I don't look at comments. You look at the news article, decide whether it's interesting, post it here for others.

I wasnt saying that you personally was acting like that, but since you post here, Im pretty sure you know that fountains of hate is posted when things dont go peoples way. I wonder if it's because this specific ship looks so good that people are dissapointed with it being a concept model.

Star Citizen will end as one of the biggest disappointments since Destiny. Whole project just seems like something created for taking money from people that can be easily drawn towards "preorder" stuff.

They will never cease with "we need money to finish our game, so keep kickstarting and dont stop".

You need to watch your steps around Star Citizen fans, there are so many trolls and "Game Journalists" that spout lies, slanted "news" who make S#&$ up or purposely leaves out things to make the whole project appear like a scam, so fans have a tendency to act defensive at the drop of a hat.

You need to watch your steps around Star Citizen fans, there are so many trolls and "Game Journalists" that spout lies, slanted "news" who make S#&$ up or purposely leaves out things to make the whole project appear like a scam, so fans have a tendency to act defensive at the drop of a hat.

The same can be applied to any fandom.

You insult any SMT related game and I'll gut you like a fish.

Anyways, I've changed the title and the main post to correct myself.

Sooo i wonder how long it will take till this thread goes downhill...

It's resolved.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Yes concept sales have been going on for ages, the appeal of them is that you get life time insurance on the ship.

Life time insurance was something only offered to initial backers.

Basically your ingame ship is insured for destruction, so you don't have to pay ingame creds for a new one. Recent sales have steadily been cutting the insurance time, I think think it's 1-3 months now.

I bought my Avenger when it had 6 months insurance, which is more than enough time to amass a wealth of ingame creds or even have several other ships.

You don't have to buy any of these ships, concept or not, since you can get them all in-game.

I do agree with that funding is no longer required since they raised 77 goddamn million dollars, and are still incredibly slow at putting anything out there; heck I'm not even expecting the game to be out until 2018, pretty much when Marvel Phase 3 will be wrapping up...

Though I do enjoy moments like these in the (not even) alpha:

4e65e39073.jpg

This is the glory you are paying for, for folks who don't know. This is all alpha...early and possible even pre-alpha.

Dogfighting

Landing Systems & 3rd Person Flying

3rd Person Flying Cont.

I am using SweetFx 2.0 preview + Reshade.

Edited by RawGritz

This is the glory you are paying for, for folks who don't know. This is all alpha...early and possible even pre-alpha.

Dogfighting

Landing Systems & 3rd Person Flying

3rd Person Flying Cont.

I'll wait till it's done.

EVen then, didn't one of the devs say it'd be likely around 100 GB?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/4591962/#Comment_4591962

Yes, he did.

I know it's massive, and I do got the the space for it, but my internet speed would probably take up 3 days for it to fully download.

The same can be applied to any fandom.

You insult any SMT related game and I'll gut you like a fish.

Well, your right. Though I have followed the project since late 2013 so I am quite well informed about it, infact the money I had saved for this last Prime Access went to that 250$ ship you mentioned in your OP instead, but I have never seen the amount of BS about a game like the one that go around in the periphials of Star Citizen, in response the fan base seems to get more hostile.

Should of not said 100, but more of recent, as I'm saying does it have a high difference then other space-ship games?

Its not just a space-ship game but a space simulator with a open world, the last big Space-sim game that came out was Starlancer around 2002 or so I believe, the genre was killed off with the advent of the more mainstream consoles. So before the announcement of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen the old timer space sim fans like myself were quite starved for new games.