Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fps Dropping Like A Fly, Why?

InsuranceFraud

Question

I'm lost. My PC specs aren't bad. I can't even run this game with everything on LOW and keep above 60 FPS. So what's wrong here? Any advice.

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 3GB.
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 660

Run 250+ FPS in the lilset. Once enemies spawn on Void I drop to almost 45/50. According to my friends, I should be able to run on Ultra.

Any advise is welcome. Out of ideas here. This has been going on since U15

17 answers to this question

Curious question: Have you tried running everything at higher specs anyway? I've had issues in games in the past where running at lower settings didn't actually yield an improvement in framerate, but running at higher preferred specs were more or less fine.

Have you had any recent driver updates? Are you using hyperthreading or... something to do with having cores unlocked (I'm not entirely sure of all that, as it sounds like you're running a LGA 2011 CPU).

As I said, there are rarely any games that can keep your FPS at a constant level. It all depends on how the game has been optimized, so its not a big deal if your fps drops by under under heavy load including relays. Warframe just needs a little bit more tweaking. Turn off your V-Sync and then check :)

Curious question: Have you tried running everything at higher specs anyway? I've had issues in games in the past where running at lower settings didn't actually yield an improvement in framerate, but running at higher preferred specs were more or less fine.

Have you had any recent driver updates? Are you using hyperthreading or... something to do with having cores unlocked (I'm not entirely sure of all that, as it sounds like you're running a LGA 2011 CPU).

I get the same FPS on high settings.

Yup. Using hyperthreading.

Drivers updated.

This shouldnt happen at all. Deactivate DX11 From Launcher settings and see if problem persists.

Same issue.

Newest drivers aren't always the best, Nvidia 347.88 cripple my FPS on my system.  I had to go back to 347.25 to get steady FPS again.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/427036-nvidia-driver-34788-crippling-my-performance/

I'm currently on 347.25.

I also noticed I don't have an option as mentioned in that thread, about checking to see if my integrated chip is running. According to the CUDA GPU setting, it's selected to the GTX660.