Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sometimes I Don't Understand Birds

Valafor

I think it is fair to say that babies are pretty cute. Human babies? Adorable. Puppies and kittens? They melt your heart out. Baby hippos and elephants? So tiny and adorable. Hell, even baby lizards and even sharks are kind of cute. And as time goes on and animals get bigger they progressively become less and less cute (depending on the animal, especially if they're a wild animal like the sharks and the elephants). 

And then they are birds.

Some birds are adorable. I mean just look at this 

cockatiel-30498.jpg

But why, nature, are you so cruel and make their babies look like a freak of nature?

Day%205.jpg[

Jesus Christ, nature, why? Now of course not all baby birds are ugly, take for instance chicks and ducklings, but some just are. And birds seem to grow backwards in beauty, becoming more adorable in some cases as they grow older. 

A bit of a random post I know, but I am playing with my own cockatiel and he inspired me to write this.

I always think about it that way: When I have been eating poultry, I was actually eating dinosaur meat, which makes me feel badass. That shows me my location in the food chain. Why bother with the looks since almost every bird is tasty.

Edited by foxxess

article-1279070-096841A8000005DC-487_468

It has no god-damn nose.

...that makes me want to draw some kind of creature.

A horrific, nightmarish creature.

That, for some reason, doesn't do much other than stare at you.

It isn't hostile, it's just annoyed that you are disturbing its peace and quiet.