Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Come Shield Lancers Still Use The Riot Soldier's Shield From Dark Sector?

Vaskadar

I don't see at all how.

It's recycled content, dude! That's usually a good indication of 'placeholder' content. Sure, it's a big metal plate, with a couple of slats, but it doesn't have the Grineer aesthetic that a lot of other elements do. This is gameplay-relevant, however, since the design of the shield affects how we fight these enemies.

It's recycled content, dude! That's usually a good indication of 'placeholder' content. Sure, it's a big metal plate, with a couple of slats, but it doesn't have the Grineer aesthetic that a lot of other elements do. This is gameplay-relevant, however, since the design of the shield affects how we fight these enemies.

There's not a lot of different ways you can do "rectangular impenetrable shield", you know.

^

As far as I've seen with my encounters with them, they work just fine. Without the proper angle of attack or a weapon with piercing effects, you have to take careful aim, breaking up the "spray and pray" mentality if only slightly. What would you add to it? More bulbous? Less symmetrical? Keep in mind the Grineer also have weapons like the Machete and Sheev which seem to back away from this kind of style, yet still feel very Grineer in their look. The Riot Shields are no different; they look fine as they do in the hands of the Grineer.