Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Let Us Buy Warframe Part Bps For Plat.

Xylia

No, it's too hard to get what you want. I farmed my Ash over 1 month to get my systems (which gave me over 50 other Ash blueprints). If you say that it's THAT easy, then prove it by farming all the frames' blueprints and then compile an average time taken to farm a frame's complete set.

Hehe, sucks to be you, I got my ash in 5 runs! Also, I got my Banshee in about 2-3 hours.

Well, the running suggestion was 150 plat, not 50.

How about, add a system to turn say, 3 of one blueprint type into 1 of another (all the same frame)? Not sure how you'd do this and have it make sense (blueprint blueprints? lol), but it would reduce a lot of the bleeding edge RNG frustration for the unlucky people. You could get lucky and have the 3 different parts drop, but if you're unlucky and ONLY helmets drop, you could still craft it after finding 7 of them.

Perhaps, allow players to purchase an "Unknown warframe blueprint"

They then roll a table containing each of the varius warframes out there.

Have it cost either some ludicrous ammount of credits, or a reasonable number of platinum.

Just like farming bosses, but with money.

You may get unlucky and end up with 16 mag chassis/16 attempts.

or you may get the piece you need.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! More RNG boxes of worthlessness is not what any game needs!  The chances of you getting a BP you actually need will drastically decrease the more frames etc you have.  It wouldn't even be fun or useful.  Yay I just spent 100,000-500,000 credits on a random box with a BP that I don't need that sells for 3500 credits... BL:R/ME3/BFH anyone?

Edit typos.

Edited by Firebat86

Hehe, sucks to be you, I got my ash in 5 runs! Also, I got my Banshee in about 2-3 hours.

Hehe, good for you. Now you need to get an average on time taken and supersample it over 100 people. You can actually tell how bad it actually is and that you are just lucky. So, don't go saying that it's easy just because you got it easy. I don't think 1 month is also normal since that is the worst of lucks (and I do happen to get them sometimes). It's still bad enough though.

Well, the running suggestion was 150 plat, not 50.

How about, add a system to turn say, 3 of one blueprint type into 1 of another (all the same frame)? Not sure how you'd do this and have it make sense (blueprint blueprints? lol), but it would reduce a lot of the bleeding edge RNG frustration for the unlucky people. You could get lucky and have the 3 different parts drop, but if you're unlucky and ONLY helmets drop, you could still craft it after finding 7 of them.

Blueprint Augmenter? Why not! Also, have it cost an Orokin Cell so it's not a free thing. And some money too.

Price wasn't fully written down. Don't jump to conclusions.

unless if's full price or close to full price, it's still a discount.

Well, if you think about it, it'll encourage people to buyplat, a foot n door kinda thing... but it makes the acquisition of warframe too easy >_<

Since I actively started farming blueprints having explored everything now, I am rolling in the warframes and have more than I know what to do with.  It's not hard to get new warframes, which would be a real problem.  The other thing I have noticed is that if I farm one boss exclusively its usually an exercise in futility.  On the other hand if I cycle through various bosses I seem to do very well.  Perhaps there is a numbers bias if you only farm one boss.  Seems to me anyway.

Edited by alocrius

I like the idea but we need to take DE's viewpoint.

Player's time/effort does not lead to revenue so if they do sell individual blueprints, it will be for ((Total Cost of Frame - 20 for Orokin Reactor)/3).

A part of a 375 Platinum Frame will cost around 118.3 Plat so selling it at 120 Plat is what is more likely to happen if your suggestion is taken.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Whether or not this method will work for profitability depends largely on the players as they are right now. However, I doubt a lot of players are just spending platinum on whatever Warframe they want. Think about it this way - many people have a cap on how much they want to spend on any one thing at a time. There are many players out there who would never purchase a Warframe simply because of the price. On the other hand, these same players may be much more amenable to spending a lesser amount on the game, if it helps them get what they want.

Basically, the group of people who would pay $5-10 to complete their Warframe is far larger than the group of people that would pay $25 to get the Warframe right off the bat. 10 people might buy the latter for a $250 profit, but $100 would probably buy the former for a $500 profit. If you give players the choice to control the price of what they want, they'll inevitably go for the cheaper option - but so many more will go for that option that the profit margin is greater rather than lower.

Those numbers are completely speculative, of course.

I wouldn't say it'd make getting a Warframe too easy. You'd still have to grind for two parts and you need to grind materials for all three. Skipping the acquisition of one or even two blueprints doesn't make that much of a difference, unless we're talking the Banshee. Though I'm pretty sure DE could build Update 9 from the profits of the Banshee Helmet alone, haha.

selling blueprints for plat is like stealing from the company... the reason why they allow you to sell them for in game currency is because its in game economy, when you start adding real money into the mix (the platnum is real money in essense because it costs 5 bucks for 75 plat) you will be stealing 10 bucks every time you sold a warframe blueprint.

it would drive the company into the ground and destroy the games fragile system that is in place, if you do not have platnum then wait for operations missions where they will start giving platnum out for reaching goals, or do what everyone else has done and pay for founders for 300+ or 900+ platnum and a warframe bonus.

its not that much money for them either.

Even at 120 plat, I'd still buy the Systems Blueprint rather than killing Jackal God-Knows-How many more times.

And whether or not it is "Easy" is irrelevant: I am getting sick of doing the same stupid thing that I've done 50+ times now.

I don't want to blow 400 plat on something I already have 90% complete, that's stupid.

But, 120 for the 1 part I'm missing? Meh. Better than farming Jackal.

Making us do the same stupid mission hundreds of times is not compelling or fun gameplay whatsoever. I'm currently sitting on a Rank 30 Excalibur and I feel like I'm wasting XP every mission I go on, not to mention my rank meter isn't moving very fast becuase I'm running out of things to level, AND I'd like a more sturdier warframe that can take more damage (like Rhino).

It is getting mighty boring running the same mission and killing the same boss over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

"Just buy the plat!" uh... 400 plat is what, at least $30? Something like that? I could buy a whole stinking game for that price -- one that wouldn't ask me to do the same level 50+ times to progress, at that point.

120 plat tho..... meh. It is more reasonable than 400.

selling blueprints for plat is like stealing from the company... the reason why they allow you to sell them for in game currency is because its in game economy, when you start adding real money into the mix (the platnum is real money in essense because it costs 5 bucks for 75 plat) you will be stealing 10 bucks every time you sold a warframe blueprint.

it would drive the company into the ground and destroy the games fragile system that is in place, if you do not have platnum then wait for operations missions where they will start giving platnum out for reaching goals, or do what everyone else has done and pay for founders for 300+ or 900+ platnum and a warframe bonus.

READ THE DAMN FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING PLEASE.

Did you READ my post? I said SELL THEM FOR PLAT. Which makes them REAL MONEY. Yeeesh.

Honestly, I don't get how some people can get it wrong when it is IN THE FREAKING THREAD TITLE, "For Plat". lol.

Edited by Xylia

No, it's too hard to get what you want. I farmed my Ash over 1 month to get my systems (which gave me over 50 other Ash blueprints). If you say that it's THAT easy, then prove it by farming all the frames' blueprints and then compile an average time taken to farm a frame's complete set.

Took me 6 hours for full frost set. 4 Hours for full ash set and 10 hours for rhino. This for full set. Of course at each warframe I had 2 or more spares :/

EDIT: Forgot to mention loki 48 hours to get full set with spares

Edited by noveltyhero

By the way, OP:

I would like to suggest something for you to try for now.

I too was once in the same situation as you, though back then, it was the Rhino Helm I was missing.

I too got really bored.

What I did was, instead of fixating on getting Rhino, I just played and tried to rank up my mastery level by doing different boss missions. I had a lvl 30 Excalibur too but I did buy a Volt with Plat so I used that for leveling. I also bought the Lex and Braton for credits which I got from BPs I didn't need at that time so I was leveling those too.

I did a round-robin of Tyl Regor, Fossa and Everest and some other bosses at random.

In other words, I became a full-time assassin and only did Assassination missions but not just one single boss.

By the time, I got my Rhino Helm, I had a full set of Ash and Trinity and parts of some other frames and enough materials to make my Rhino and Gram. I also became rank 3 and got access to the Gorgon.

Just give it a try. It really helps to just not think about it.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

It could lead to some problems in various ways.  People that think the parts have to be bought.  People that accidentally buy the wrong part.  Prices that end up allowing shortcuts against a Frame purchase.

It would be difficult to make it work without causing other issues.  But this isn't the worst idea.  Some people are really struggling to get just one part of a frame.  After 2 weeks of at least 5 runs per day, people wonder just how random can the drop be.

Perhaps one control method to keep this from going wrong would first to have a tool-tip on each part in the foundry to explain which areas/boss could drop the blueprint.

The second help would be that the specific parts blueprints wouldn't be in the market but would actually be purchasable directly in the Foundry.

An example for both things would be, someone goes to the foundry and looks at their Frost Blueprint.  It shows they have the helmet built.  It then shows the red outlines for the systems and Chasis, and a green outline for the Orokin Cell.  When you mouseover any of the parts it would show a tooltip probably saying "You need to construct this part from a blueprint found sometimes while defeating Lech Kril on Exta"  (Yeah banshee would have a weird tool tip)

Then if you click on a missing part a menu pops up, just like selecting weapons for the Akbolot recipe.  It would offer you the chance to buy the part from a stockpile for a platinum cost with a warning that the part can normally be made for free.

As for a suggestion on the price, I would probably suggest about 40% of the frame price.  Basically making it a loss if you just buy all the parts, and only a slight discount off the full frame if you only buy 2 of the 3 parts.

As for a suggestion on the price, I would probably suggest about 40% of the frame price.

I think 120 is about the best price.

Buying Rhino outright: 375 Platinum (and you get a Potato already installed). You get Rhino instantly, ready right now.

Buying 3 Parts: 360 Platinum, but no Potato, PLUS the 3 and a half day wait time, PLUS gathering materials.

Buying 3 Parts + Potato: 380 Platinum (plus the 3.5d wait time, plus material gathering).

Also, you need upwards of 100,000 credits to manufacture Rhino using the Blueprints, whereas you don't spend any with the 375 Plat method.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Edited by Xylia

It's an effective way to frustrate players.

RNG is fine if it does not go overboard, like how BPs tend to do. Killing enemies for mods are okay because there are TONS of enemies that will eventually drop mods, even if they aren't desired but still can be used. Boss is only one per mission and that coupled with RNG factor and no-drop possibility causes tons of problems and hassle.

And? Plat purchases are there to skip frustration. The cash shop is Binary you either get the whole package or go farm it.

And? Plat purchases are there to skip frustration. The cash shop is Binary you either get the whole package or go farm it.

Some reason you're against allowing us to spend a little plat to get around SOME of the farming process if the RNG is being absolutely ridiculous?

Isn't that the best of both worlds? Have us play the game AND use some plat at the same time, instead of Total Pay-to-Win or Total Farm? What's wrong with something inbetween Black and White?

I think 120 is about the best price.

Buying Rhino outright: 375 Platinum (and you get a Potato already installed). You get Rhino instantly, ready right now.

Buying 3 Parts: 360 Platinum, but no Potato, PLUS the 3 and a half day wait time, PLUS gathering materials.

Buying 3 Parts + Potato: 380 Platinum (plus the 3.5d wait time, plus material gathering).

Also, you need upwards of 100,000 credits to manufacture Rhino using the Blueprints, whereas you don't spend any with the 375 Plat method.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Actually if you put it this way, it does seem to be profitable.

Add in the Rush and DE can earn a considerably more revenue.

Currently, DE cannot profit from people who wants to craft all their parts.

With this suggestion, DE can profit from people who don't want to craft all their parts.

It also does allow for those who are more tight on their budget (eg. can afford 120 but not 375) to contribute to the sales.

Upvoted.

You should edit this into the OP and change your title to "[suggestion] Buying Warframe BPs for Plats".

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Also, I know this is late but, opening poster... your title translates to "Give us the option to sell warframe part blueprints for plat". If anyone who didn't read your OP would guess from the name, it's that which I just said.

If it were me, I would normally either put it as "Buy warframe part BPs with plat" or "Sell us warframe part BPs via plat".

Edit: Title was changed. This post is now irrelevant.

Edited by matrixEXO