Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dropping Or Can't Pick Up Items In Limbo's Cataclysm

(PSN)DontKnowMe

It's intended because:

1. Cataclysm has no damage cap, so you can make cryopod/excavator invulnerable

2. You could also rift walk, making yourself invulnerable while carrying an objective/datamass/power core.

3. Picking up energy orbs would allow you to continue to do this infinitely.

Edited by weezedog

It's intended and it's incredibly stupid.  It's not like you drop your weapons in the Void so why do you drop datamasses or power cores?  

2. You could also rift walk, making yourself invulnerable while carrying an objective/datamass/power core.

To address these I go with the following.

1.  Cataclysm does not give true invulnerability since enemies can and will shoot things while they are within the bubble.

2.  This really isn't a whole lot different than an invisible Loki/Ash carrying the object.  Could also compare it to a Linked Trinity or Ironskinned Rhino or a Turbulence Zephyr vs Corpus.  There are plenty of ways already to carry stuff and basically be untouchable.

3.  Team energy restores exist.  If people really want energy then not having energy orbs around/able to be picked up is not going to stop them.

It's intended because:

1. cata has no "damage cap" cause it doesn't take damage, it sends areas to the rift, allowing stuff in that area to dodge bullets by passing through them, you can't shoot out of the rift either.

2. wouldn't be overpowered

3. it gives you 2 energy per second just by sitting in it energy orbs aren't necessary

Please do your homework before posting this kind of stuff, also, I know the guy before me said this, but I feel like he didn't point out the more obvious issues with what you said. 

anyway, yeah, its working as "intended" but its stupid, and limbo needs to be reworked badly. Most people refer to this as "having a steep learning curve" but that's just bs, he has problems, and people insist that fixing them would make him "op".

Please do your homework before posting this kind of stuff, also, I know the guy before me said this, but I feel like he didn't point out the more obvious issues with what you said. 

Yeah sorry, missed him saying "damage cap" just saw "invulnerable" and was working off that.  Also forgot that you can generate energy while in the void.  Limbo is not a commonly used frame by me so I'm not as well versed in his mechanics.  Thanks for the clarifications.

Yeah sorry, missed him saying "damage cap" just saw "invulnerable" and was working off that.  Also forgot that you can generate energy while in the void.  Limbo is not a commonly used frame by me so I'm not as well versed in his mechanics.  Thanks for the clarifications.

Lol, np, I'm actually a bit of a limbo fan, but kinda protesting for him to get a rework. :/ he's far too situational.

I don't see why they can't just allow loot drops for stuff that is killed while inside the Rift. I think that would be a nice compromise. It still wouldn't allow people to be invincible while holding a datamass or whatever, and it wouldn't bring items into the rift when you use cataclysm, but would allow you to pick up drops from stuff if you are fighting inside the rift bubble for awhile.