Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Alternative To Having To Balance 22+ Warframes...

Zeally

That would also save us the heartbreak of having to deal with said "balance" that might take god knows how long...

Has anybody else toyed with the idea of PvP specific warframes, without the hassle of having to worry about how 88+ abilities stack against each other?

I suppose that would take away a portion of the fun since you wouldnt be using what you've earned from the main game, but it could lead to better results accessability wise. Lets say they did the same thing with the weapons as well.

I'm semi interested in what others might think of something like this, so be civil, keep the egos at bay, try to explain clearly your views on how you think a route like this might benefit the PvP scene or detract from it.

Edit: I already understand that it would take more time and resources on DE's end if they were to consider takeing this route, so I don't imagine it'll actually happen. So I don't feel delving to deep down the path of how/when/if resources were or werent allocated to something like this are really beneficial to this discussion. Especially considering PvP 2.0 is semi-fresh.

Edited by Zeally

PVP warframes would allow the deva to completely balance out and progress on a different path without the collision between PVE and the well... sort of developing PVP I support this idea.

Would also let the PVP team have more creative freedom within the game.

Edited by Skepsis

I actually kind of like the idea of PVP-centric frames. They could be acquired via the Conclave syndicate, or just super easy to acquire in general since they have a limited scope of use.

Would actually get me interested in PVP, actually.

Making PvP specific frames would be harder for both fields IMO, since DE has to make new frames with new abilities. Also a problem on players' side since we need to build said frames (84h minimum build time) and sacrifice a slot and potato, possibly formas.

On the flipside, my suggestion would just be to hard-cap ability damage versus frames

Edited by p3z1

I semi-support this idea. ON a slightly related note, if they are going to allow items from PvE to be used in PvP, I would like for it to work the same in reverse. Maybe even add a PvP weapon or PvP skins that can be used in PvE too. 

Making PvP specific frames would be harder for both fields IMO, since DE has to make new frames with new abilities. Also a problem on players' side since we need to build said frames (84h minimum build time) and sacrifice a slot and potato, possibly formas.

On the flipside, my suggestion would just be to hard-cap ability damage versus frames

Nope make it work lime archwing. Where you can aquire it and use it. but not be able to sell it. Balance would be complete if they came default with 60 mod energy

As far as weapons go and the ever expanding pool of similar, knock off, and samey weapons. I think many weapons should have the same stats and just be skins essentially. Keep your egos and pride a bay here but I think all primes, wraiths, vandals, syndicate, etc weapons should be the same as the vanilla in PvP. 

Oh, you spent x amount of time grinding to get x weapon and you are butthurt because that noob over there has the regular version and it still does the same damage? 

- Get over it. The grind paid off in PvE where it matters. PvP is suppose to be a level playing field and veteran players will always be more skilled on a leveled playing field (theoretically)

This will prevent a massive balancing issue in the future when trying to balance 50 automatic rifles that are essentially the same thing.

Get rid of abilities and let us control corrupted units.

Start with Lancer and Crewman, after so many kills/points unlock sniper and shotgun dudes, after more kills/points unlock bombards and heavy gunners. Kinda like SW:BF2.

It'd make for a much more balanced pvp.

Why don't they just lower ability usage by making the energy orbs spawn less. From my point of view, the main problem with abilities, beside how some are completely useless for what they cost, like Crush, you can't kill anything without the enemy team shooting you down first, is that everyone can just spam it. There's no tactical usage, nobody thinks before using it, it's just spam, spam, spam. Abilities should be an equaliser that is only used when the odds aren't in your favour, like 1v2 or when you're low hp.

Get rid of abilities and let us control corrupted units.

Start with Lancer and Crewman, after so many kills/points unlock sniper and shotgun dudes, after more kills/points unlock bombards and heavy gunners. Kinda like SW:BF2.

It'd make for a much more balanced pvp.

I had a very short lived thread about a year ago when conclaves where introduced and extremely unbalanced. I though having Grineer vs Corpus style pvp. One team is Grineer, one team is Corpus. That way they could balance them without affecting the PvE side but they manage to do this with the frames anyways, still a fun idea and a great way to introduce lore I think.

I've just a big problem seeing all Warframes actually being implemented into PvP. I mean how are you suppose to balance Vauban? Mesas peacemaker? No problem with getting 100 energy and also her shatter shield.

With how some warframes work, I simply cannot see them ever being properly balanced in PvP without breaking the Warframe. Like Nyx. But if DE manages this I'll be suprised. But I highly doubt it even tho nothing is impossible in this case.

I had a very short lived thread about a year ago when conclaves where introduced and extremely unbalanced. I though having Grineer vs Corpus style pvp. One team is Grineer, one team is Corpus. That way they could balance them without affecting the PvE side but they manage to do this with the frames anyways, still a fun idea and a great way to introduce lore I think.

That actually sounds pretty good.

they could use relay guards models, just give them team colors

they could also use existing abilities and spread them between different frame categories - like tank, support, light - balancing 3 sets of abilities is still easier

almost no development time, really, but it doesnt matter, cause they're set on what they're doing atm

From what I've seen, people still get POed about PvP exclusive content even if it doesn't give mastery (specifically completionists).

could work the same way the whatever-you-call-it synthesis syndicate works with scanners/traps - you join the conclave and you can buy pvp frames from the afro-samurai dude for credits. They're unlevelable, start with 30 points and can be reactored for 60. Completionists can buy em and piss off

or just make it "ability sets" - screw pvp frames - make all frames equal in terms of hp/shield/power/speed/stamina/armor and let players just swap out the abilities they can use, themed in a certain way - offense, defense, cc/debuff, heal/buff. Could also change the base stats a bit depending on which one is equipped. Probably would work better, too, cause you can use whatever frame you already have/like, but can tinker it up to fit your playstyle. And just drop an icon above player model IDing what type of ability set it has

still much easier to balance abilities for few frames than 20+, and they can add more frames/sets in the future

tho no matter what kind of ideas we'd throw around here, i think pvp team is already set on what they want to do, so meh

Or we could just pick the existing warframes with moderately OK abilities and tweak those. Like Valkyr, Ash, Ember, Oberon. You can just adjust their damage/range/duration to make them balanced. We can hold off with warframes like Vauban and Nova. No need to make new warframes.