Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think It'd Be Nice If We Had Medallion-Esque Searchables In The Void That Can Be Sold For A Nice Chunk Of Ducats.

Flackenstien

"I don't have enough Ducats, so I want new mechanics to get more Ducats."

This does not answer the question of why DE would need to add such a mechanic. They would be devaluing all the Void Trader items. They picked a price for things, and that price means nothing if the entire player base has ways to make more Ducats easily.

If anything they would just make items cheaper, or offer random discounts, and not add a ton of code just to allow players to stockpile even MORE ducats on their accounts.

This does not answer the question of why DE would need to add such a mechanic. They would be devaluing all the Void Trader items. They picked a price for things, and that price means nothing if the entire player base has ways to make more Ducats easily.

If anything they would just make items cheaper, or offer random discounts, and not add a ton of code just to allow players to stockpile even MORE ducats on their accounts.

Last I checked, feedback wasn't required to be written in business proposal format.

Loot that encourages exploration and non-rushed pacing of missions has been well received by at least a niche audience before (see aforementioned syndicate medallions) and can be safely ignored by those who aren't interested. +1.

These medallions could easily be integrated into parkour courses, as mentioned by others before me, and could be conveniently timed with the release of Parkour 2.0. +1.

DE stated in the most recent livestream that they don't like the idea of people grinding for weeks just to save up enough ducats to buy items on rotation. This suggestion would both boost ducat income moderately, thereby decreasing time spent grinding, and simultaneously offer players different modes of play to break up the monotony of void missions. +1.

Sounds like a pretty solid idea to me, unless you'd care to further explain why decreasing the plat market value of primed mods and mara/prisma weapons would be so terrible? I'm not particularly keen on the idea of making design decisions based solely on the influence of special-interest lobbying. 

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

Why not just ducats?

I mean, that would make the most sense--you can find them, in rarities like other medallions, same kind of rates:

1 ducat, 2 ducats, 10 ducats.

Would give the concept of them more sense.

I realize that's not a lot, but if you consider how much you can get out of it when missions themselves often reward only 10 as the final prize, it's quite good.

I said no! Spend 15 keys to find another 12 keys, 2 forma blueprints and 1 paris prime lower limb than sell it for 10 ducats! Thats how it meant to work! more than enough for you! If you will get ducats right from the void you will quickly be full of them to obtain whole collection of primed mods so you woudn't spend $ to buy p and get them! which will ruin everything and make founders feel bad!

Who said I don't have enough Ducats? I got plenty.  

If you've payed attention, DE changed the Void Trader table rotations due to the grind for Ducats being pretty steep for some players.  

They could work in a higher amount of new items if they gave those players a way to actively hunt for consistent Ducats.

As others have said, it also is just funner.. I think searching for Syndicate Medallions a blast, it beats doing runs for Prime parts just to sell them.  

Also, it's not like they'd give a crazy amount of Ducats, but enough to elevate some of the grind.