The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vauban Still A Desirable Warframe?

ajoman

As far as getting him?

Or wanting him for parties?

If it's the former, there's nothing else that can be really done since it all depends on the Alerts.

The latter just depends on your runs. Especially those Defense missions like Derelict they are always more then welcomed!

But if you're just doing some exterminate missions or something, it's really up in the air on what you want to bring since there's no better efficient way to run those kind of missions other then communication and working together!

Ages ago DE put up special alerts that gave away all his parts in for a single day. Considering the alert was announced a few days before hand it means that a fair chunk of active forum browsers and plenty of active players would take the chance to get the parts leaving all but a few without the ability to build him when given the chance( the few being new players and guys taking a break)

Now if he was nerfed I would be ticked off since I am building him along with three other frames

Edited by warpath514

Aside from being absolutely hideous, he is very useful.

Especially in the raid. In my run, we had one Vauban that threw Bastilles all over the switch arena. It was fantastic.

i'd gladly recieve any undesirable vauban parts as a gifts, since i only obtained systems for this month(

Unfortunately, they aren't tradeable.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Aside from being absolutely hideous, he is very useful.

Especially in the raid. In my run, we had one Vauban that threw Bastilles all over the switch arena. It was fantastic.

And I try to do a fantastic job of it.

OP, you're probably seeing a lot of recruiting for rep farming -- rep farms just spam killing moves, because rep comes from affinity, which comes from kills.

Vauban is a lover, not a fight-- I mean he's fantastic for CC, but not great for killing things. Except infestation. But really, he's just CCing them and then guns/powers/melee are killing them. He's wanted in the Derelict, raids, and events/defense/survival alerts that have infestation.

And I try to do a fantastic job of it.

OP, you're probably seeing a lot of recruiting for rep farming -- rep farms just spam killing moves, because rep comes from affinity, which comes from kills.

Vauban is a lover, not a fight-- I mean he's fantastic for CC, but not great for killing things. Except infestation. But really, he's just CCing them and then guns/powers/melee are killing them. He's wanted in the Derelict, raids, and events/defense/survival alerts that have infestation.

I feel like he's a little underrated solely because half the people just use him for ODD or something.

I feel like he's a little underrated solely because half the people just use him for ODD or something.

He's underrated because a lot of veterans have been dropping out of the game (source needed), and lower level players are looking to kill things, not playing high level stuff that requires CC instead of damage.

I jest. Sort of. But yeah -- people tend not to go "H> ____ need vauban" because people who play things that need Vauban tend to know Vauban is needed. They tend to be higher level things.

Booban Its pretty desirable, as far as obtaining the frame- but It was EVEN MORE desirable before they gave all the parts for free, tons of tenno's got him so its rarity is "Uncommon"

In rec for missions, I still hear a lot of people calling for boobans out there, so yeah. Hes not dead after all :D

What is he good for?

Absolutely nothing, oh hoh, oh

War huh yeah

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing, listen to me

Kidding. He's fantastic for crowd control. He's great combines with Disarm Loki, or against infestation, because when he throws Bastille or vortex, nothing can get into the middle of it, and if nothing has ranged attacks, nothing can hit you if you're inside the range of the skill.

He's underrated because a lot of veterans have been dropping out of the game (source needed), and lower level players are looking to kill things, not playing high level stuff that requires CC instead of damage.

I jest. Sort of. But yeah -- people tend not to go "H> ____ need vauban" because people who play things that need Vauban tend to know Vauban is needed. They tend to be higher level things.

I might get Vauban again eventually. 

Absolutely nothing, oh hoh, oh

War huh yeah

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing, listen to me

Kidding. He's fantastic for crowd control. He's great combines with Disarm Loki, or against infestation, because when he throws Bastille or vortex, nothing can get into the middle of it, and if nothing has ranged attacks, nothing can hit you if you're inside the range of the skill.

So he can replace frost for a t4 def if you have a loki?

Still VERY desirable, but takes a little more finesse to really shine the most, other frames falls into the same category as Trinity & Limbo, played well, these frames can be monstrous, but it takes a good deal of trial & error to build & properly utilize these frames potential, doing so however, will about 90% of the time merit you a spot on just about any group.

They're not really suited to be monster smashing bada$$ easy play murder machines akin to Rhino or Valkyr, which are fairly easy to figure out their functions and roles, but a Vauban or Trinity player that knows what their doing can be an invaluable asset BECAUSE they're not easy to play.

Think like a typical healer class in an MMO, everybody wants or has one because its a desirable element to guarantee a spot in just about any and every party, but most people can't or don't really put their all into learning how to BE the healer, same thing with Vauban, everyone kinda wants one, but few can really make it work beyond its base functionality.

So he can replace frost for a t4 def if you have a loki?

If your Loki is good enough, and both have enough energy, yes.

That's basically how the raid works, except you don't actually kill the enemies in the raid, since doing that will cause more to spawn that HAVEN'T been disarmed. In a situation with a finite amount of enemies, as long as Loki disarms them, they're not even going to touch the pod.