The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So This Stalker Guy...

Bazookagofer

I really hope they change his intro to something less telegraphed. I want him to pop up and nearly give a heart attack with his appearance. No slow kneel-to-stand animation.

Btw I tried to add you a long while ago to confront my Stalker and find out who you are...only to discover that you are nothing but an alt.

o       -o

Edited by Zarozian

IMHO, the stalker should scale off of the equipment you are currently using. Therefore if you are using unranked gear/ unformad he will still be challenging  but not impossible. If you are using a full forma Boltor Prime and a hate or something he will scale accordingly so he remains challenging. As of now he is hard for newer players or players leveling equipment but pretty easy for people with decent gear.

I could get donw with this idea, tbh.

I genuinely feel like the game needs difficulty modes and the enemies to have different loot tables and better drop rates in those more difficult missions.

I could get donw with this idea, tbh.

I genuinely feel like the game needs difficulty modes and the enemies to have different loot tables and better drop rates in those more difficult missions.

MIni bosses just need a better designed AI.

Is this all you do? Talk crap about people's skill levels on the most casual game to ever exist?

No need to insult other players here. This is supposed to be a discussion about the Stalker. Not your personal opinions on a frame. If you want to give feedback on rhino we have a sub section for it on the forums.

I love how people glaze over the fact that, beforehand, I apolagised, and that it was only under that situation. Sure shows how well people read.

Whoa you have problems~

It's not even about the frames even. More like the weapons~

Soon as he spawns and stands up~ I head shot him once and he sits back down~ o -o

If you still need to rely on your frame's ability to beat him then Idk man~ ;D

Your realise that's exactly what I just said?

stalker is skrub, u can 1shot him hwith Shrino stomp, Javelin, Crush, Miasma, Reckoning and all uther ults., or noscope his face off with almost any wepon. Stocker is le ultra skrub.

That is why I suggest he scales off of the equipment your currently using. He gets a better AI. And the way he makes his entrance be actually more like a stalker instead of screaming through a megaphone "I AM HERE PLEASE SHOOT ME. I AM COMING. I AM THE WORST STALKER IN REPORTED HISTORY. PLEASE KILL ME". Also please buff his drop rate. Stalker should drop a guaranteed rare mod at least since his weapon blueprints drop rate is kind of low.

he should run through the shadows while the lights begin to flickers, making his entrance terrifying 

Yeah, he should not appear in one spot -- he should appear moving.

Something like this, but surrounded by the black smoke, moving across your screen, then disappearing for a bit. Then doing it again, from another angle, and disappearing again.

v9Z1GI7.gif

Then, from somewhere in front of you, *SMOKE BOMB* he enters and immediately slash dashes towards you (with invincibility during slash dash so you can't just quick scope him as soon as he enters), forcing you to roll out of the way.

Then, you fight.

The smoke serves as a telegraph for the slash dash, so you know it's coming and it's not just a cheap OHK attack.

Edited by S7ORM

i know people are stroking their ego in this thread, but really.

unless i am playing a character with some gimmick power to get the win most the time he just 1-shots me before i even see where he is.

i am all for making him a real challenge, but as it stands its either you one-shot him or he one-shots you. not much involved beyond that. 

Stalker doest need a buff, what he needs is to stop telegraphing his entrance like a freaking dumb &#!. Hell the moment he appears kneeling down. Everyone is either already pointing a gun at him or cleaving his face off with a 1 shot melee weapon. Remove his kneeling animation at the start. And make his entrance faster.

First. About his taunts. To new starters, the taunts are what makes Stalker scary, not necessarily the threat he posts (Many other bosses are more difficult than him.) So as contradictory to the term "Stalker" as they are, I think they serve to give thrills to people with their 1st time experience on Stalker and spice up the game. In my opinion, they're serving their purpose and thus should persist.

Second. About the difficulty. There exists this common habit among us veterans/highbies to treat bosses and in-game challenges like they are a piece of cake. It is acceptable as long as you don't insult others OR go as far as to complain something is too easy and needs to be buffed "in order to be more of an entertaining challenge for your level." Let us keep in mind that none of us individuals can represent the whole player base. Nothing should be buffed only to serve your entertainment while making the game near impossible for new starters. If you are a highbie, be a considerate highbie. Consider people who are less experienced/skilled/well-equipped than you before demanding that a challenge be buffed.

I've seen highbies who find a way to entertain themselves with the given challenge just fine. One of them is my friend who, instead of oneshotting Stalker with some world-ending-dmg guns as it gets up, just lets Stalker stands up, moves around, and engage in a Dread duel with him to lighten up his solo missions.

We are highbies. We know the game better. We know how to beat the in-game challenges, easily even. How hard could it be for us to find a way to enjoy it in a way we see fit?

First. About his taunts. To new starters, the taunts are what makes Stalker scary, not necessarily the threat he posts (Many other bosses are more difficult than him.) So as contradictory to the term "Stalker" as they are, I think they serve to give thrills to people with their 1st time experience on Stalker and spice up the game. In my opinion, they're serving their purpose and thus should persist.

Second. About the difficulty. There exists this common habit among us veterans/highbies to treat bosses and in-game challenges like they are a piece of cake. It is acceptable as long as you don't insult others OR go as far as to complain something is too easy and needs to be buffed "in order to be more of an entertaining challenge for your level." Let us keep in mind that none of us individuals can represent the whole player base. Nothing should be buffed only to serve your entertainment while making the game near impossible for new starters. If you are a highbie, be a considerate highbie. Consider people who are less experienced/skilled/well-equipped than you before demanding that a challenge be buffed.

I've seen highbies who find a way to entertain themselves with the given challenge just fine. One of them is my friend who, instead of oneshotting Stalker with some world-ending-dmg guns as it gets up, just lets Stalker stands up, moves around, and engage in a Dread duel with him to lighten up his solo missions.

We are highbies. We know the game better. We know how to beat the in-game challenges, easily even. How hard could it be for us to find a way to enjoy it in a way we see fit?

Well I guess everyone can make have his own opinion on the taunts. Personally I think their dumb for above mentioned reasons. I never asked for a buff across the board. All I asked for was a more stalker-like entrance and for him to scale off of our equipment to make it more balanced because as someone else stated its a who one shots first contest usually.