Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus System

(PSN)shemarT

Did anyone forget the fact fact that DE didn't implement the focus system that they said they were going to do in update 15/16? I don't remember which they said but i know for a fact they were going to implement a new focus system. WHERE IS IT? And if I missed some information about DE canceling the implementation of it, please just let me know

true, but still, DE said that they would release it in either the previous update, or the update now, and yet, where is it? Did they put it on the back burner? Forget about it? And besides, what the hell was the focus system supposed to be? All i know is it was supposed to be awesome

true, but still, DE said that they would release it in either the previous update, or the update now, and yet, where is it? Did they put it on the back burner? Forget about it? And besides, what the hell was the focus system supposed to be? All i know is it was supposed to be awesome

Please follow the DevStreams.

The ancient Focus system was born already dead. It was supposed to be awesome, and ended up being disappointing to them. They cannibalized the good parts of it into the Syndicates. Probably now they furthermore cannibalized some parts into the Arcane Enhancement system. They have not openly announced any new plans.

They have stated that they will launch the system when the system will be functional and "cool". Not a single second later. They have not committed to any timeline, as far as I know - at least not to the broad audience, although the Founders and the Design Council might know more than we do.

still, they couldn't let the player base get their hands on it and give DE ideas to make it better? because i thought the system would be for warframes where you could focus all your affinity and power or whatever focus system skill points, not just mods, into one specific skill, like nov's M prime, each skill would have different options depending on what the skill does, how people like mod for it, or how strong it is, and people could use those points to increase nova's M primes base duration, or valkyr's hysteria's base duration so when people modd for it, it goes even longer, and one point adds... lets say 5 seconds, and you can only get 3 points, 1 at 10, 1 at 20, and 1 at 30, would that be good?

Edited by (PS4)shemarT

It's not dead as far as I know.

x0ZG89l.jpg

The Focus System is one of the most discussed upcoming features in Warframe, largely because of what it represents: endgame functionality that offers progression for players past peak Mastery Rank or max Warframe rank. The Focus System has never been forgotten, but we can understand this question coming up time and again; particularly now that we’re reflecting on what we’ve accomplished at the end of the year. To catch you all up with some of what’s been going on internally, here's a quick point-by-point rundown of where the Focus System stands:

- The Focus System was originally created to augment Warframe abilities and prowess, providing substantial rewards for progression.

- Two major recent updates, Ability Mod removal and Augment Mod introduction, were first saved for implementation in the Focus System. When also considering the arrival of Syndicates, our entire current model for the Focus System has been made obsolete.

- We are working on the Focus System as a form of endgame progression. If, at any point, we reach a stage during Focus System development that feels like it has become as solid a concept as Syndicates or Relay Stations, expect to see an Update featuring it.

Note: the above doesn't mean every wonderful idea that comes along for the Focus System will be cannibalized for something else. We just want the Focus System to be so much more than a simple 'alternative leveling' experience.

still, they couldn't let the player base get their hands on it and give DE ideas to make it better? because i thought the system would be for warframes where you could focus all your affinity and power or whatever focus system skill points, not just mods, into one specific skill, like nov's M prime, each skill would have different options depending on what the skill does, how people like mod for it, or how strong it is, and people could use those points to increase nova's M primes base duration, or valkyr's hysteria's base duration so when people modd for it, it goes even longer, and one point adds... lets say 5 seconds, and you can only get 3 points, 1 at 10, 1 at 20, and 1 at 30, would that be good?

That became ability augments.

Which is exactly why it's dead in its original form. They did give us the stuff to try out, but it's all a part of different systems.

Besides, something as simple as a duration increase would just be another boring stat boost. I like what they did with augments--when they're actually fun ideas and not just band-aids for bad skills.