Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would People Like To See As The Next Primary?

EchoLG

I'd like to see the corpus energy weapons in the next update, rather than some vague 'eventual' time frame.

As for something new...a chakram launcher? With somewhat wide discs with innate puncture and/or armor pierce.

A gun with the replay feature from the 5th Element movie? Ergo shoot once at a target, then point and shoot anywhere and the bullets will curve/home in on the target.

Edited by Tyrfalger

3. Utility "weapons" i.e. nets, smoke screens, etc

I have been thinking alot on weapons unique enemies carry around in stages such as the Grineer`s Napalm and Rocket. Maybe make those mobs drop those weapons wich the player can carry with a small amount of ammo and that would restrain the player from being able to sprint wile carrying them.

Corpus doesnt have any carrying weapon so maybe the new Fusion Corpus`s weapon could be torn off from the dead mob and used. Since it is an Energy weapon, it would be effective against other Corpus mobs in the stage.

I'd like to see a semi auto gun similar to the latron, but that fired as fast as you can click the trigger, so in essence similar to the hammerburst in GOW.

It could have a decent damage, medium to low clip size with a big &#! recoil, so you can use it as  a more powerful latron or spam it inaccurately to remove a small crowd. 

Also a big hitting almost one or two shot gun could be nice, say a double barrelled shotgun with mass pellets, but only two shots and a long reload.

Rotary drum style, 15 shell slug automatic shotgun. Accurate, powerful, but with recoil beyond anything else. ...Well, I guess this might overrule the Latron entirely, so an even wider-spreading 10 pellet auto-shotgun would be nice too. When I say rotary drum, I mean that the barrel is fixed, the magazine is a large turning auto-feeder perpendicular to the barrel that rotates the slugs into place (similar in principle to a belt feed in a way). Not like the Boar's currently parallel drum. That just looks weird imo.

A laser or energy based weapon that trades raw power for longevity. Give it infinite ammo, but give it a temperature gauge. Don't have the weapon shut off when overheating however, have it instead have a rapidly increasing chance (e.g. 1% first second, 12.5% 2nd second, 45% third second, 85% fourth second) to malfunction hazardously, causing damage to yourself. Additional fluff could include; discharge direction system growing unreliable at high temperatures (>65%) and losing accuracy and power output decreasing with rapid fire (e.g. damage per projectile is dropped at higher temperatures).

The self-damage mechanic could be a small AoE damage that can be used offensively, but I imagine it'd be a stronger incentive to properly manage your heat and less simple like Mass Effect or Halo's energy weapons.

What kind of energy weapons do I want? A pulse rifle, a focused beam rifle (hitscanning perfect accuracy beam) and perhaps a 'kinetic energy dispersion' weapon - i.e. a force gun - staggering, mid-low damage energy shotgun.

Yes to silenced weapons, I'd vote for some airburst propelled weapons.

Or what about the Fusion Moa's gun?

I really think the game needs more of an AoE-focused primary ... less single-target focused primaries.

I have three suggestions;

1) While I hate to suggest something as cliche as a 'grenade launcher' ... an AoE-damage arcing projectile primary that explodes on impact (with both the ground and enemies - but not being effective AoE unless hitting the ground)  would be a terrible single-target weapon ... but shine in Infestation and Defense missions.

____

2) Perhaps a Flame Thrower-esque option? How about a 'flammable gel hose' that requires fire or gunshots to ignite?

_____

3) Also would love to see an air-pressure 'pulse weapon' implemented in a FPS someday. Something that could knock multiple enemies back, damaging them if shot into walls.

Edited by Qb3rt

I mean, DE has already intruced 90% of 'modern' weaponry type guns, like ARs, Shotties and sniper rifles, what would people like to see in tha game? We obviously need a weapon with some sort of interesting mechanic to it, like how the Paris is a bow.

Personally, im thinking of a PDW - All round, good range, good accuracy, good ROF, good clip - As a starting weapon. As a drawback? maybe un potatoable or maybe high ammo comsumption.

If not, something like the Sentinel Beam from Halo 3 - Loke the Fusion Moa weapon - Could be secondary, huge amo consumption, uses 100 energy batteries (not clips), can only hold 100 at a time, high ROF, high damage + accuracy, can only be reloded when there is 100 batteries in inventory. Just a thought

I would like to see something like a semi-automatic that builds up a damage field on your target which grows larger with each hit, or perhaps builds up a charge which explodes after x number of hits -> skill based aoe.

And if we're going with Tribes I'd like to see a shocklance, complete with knockback.

I was thinking an AOE type weapon  with a spin up time so like an energy blast AOE weapon. You would click and hold like an automatic and it would spin up and then fire if you were staggered it cancels the spin up similar to the gorgon.

I keep wanting a slower, harder hitting automatic rifle.  Someone recently made (what I think was) a jokeish thread about a "double braton," but I almost like the idea of an automatic rifle that shoots two bullets at a time.

Also, of course, as terrible as they'd be with their slow projectiles, it would be cool to have Corpus weapons.

Infector, you shoot enemies it staggers them but does no initial dmg, after a while they explode. Maybe could even spawn some kind of critter or add AoE dmg to the explosion.

Beam weapon, locks on to up X enemies, or branches off enemies, drains HP, enemies explode when their HP is at 0.

Basically anything that makes enemies explode/disintegrate. Might have something to do with the fact that I've been leveling banshee lately and I love the way her sonic boom turns grineer into bloody mist. That doesn't work beyond Venus though, so I'd like a weapon that does this :D

Or the some of the alien weapons from District 9 (damn, I love that movie).

It's all about the effects and feeling when it comes to weapons anyway, no one cares about stats. What about shotgun with revolving magazine, let's say with three rounds. Every shot would have a really short wind up time accompanied by satisfying machine sounds and animation (you could see it revolving). It would do high dmg and shoot explosive rounds. Kinda like heavy shotgun cannon, of course it would have to produce quite bang when shot. (I now realize this is basically 3-round flak cannon from UT).

Also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolaser . TLDR: Basically, you use a laser to superheat gases around the beam and thus creating plasma. After that you send a jolt of electricity over the plasma channel (plasma is conductive) and towards the target. Something like a laser taser.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I would love to see attachments for existing weapons kind of like the M203. For those who don't know what it is it is the grenade launcher tube on the bottom of the m16. Have a limit of like 4 rounds per map but still would be awesome. Also for those stealth/ melee type players how about something like a high powered tazer. It would be great to use it for a sneak attack and watch a grineer drop to the ground and start flopping.