Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Longer Able To Play In Full Screen Since Last Night

saintsspider

Question

Something went wierd last night, I was playing the game fine and then took a break, after i came back i couldnt play it at all, every time i tried to go into the game it was black screen, i could hear the music but nothing else. I changed the settings and what now but seems like i cant do anything while in fullscreen mod. Sometimes the game plays but doesnt picks up my Nvidia gpu instead runs on its internal intel 3000 graphics which is crap for fps (5 fps). The other way i always seen the black screen, so far only able to run it in windowed mode but that too in a 900*something resolution. PLZ DE can u help me I wanna play again in fullscreen

10 answers to this question

This is a known issue right now.

To get around it, go to the launcher settings and uncheck fullscreen.

Then when in game, you can set it to fullscreen again.

Also recheck launcher hardware acceleration to see if that fixes the GPU selection issue.

The simplest fix is to uncheck the fullscreen box from the launcher.

You should also consider doing a cache wipe on your machine, cleaning temporary data, defragmenting if you are using or optimizing on an SSD, and ensure that your GPU or CPU cooler was not jarred at some point.

In addition, you should disable automatic settings changes for optimal settings from GeForce Experience if you have an Nvidia card. (These won't be Nvidia branded, but that is the chipset. The manufacturer will be something like Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, PNY, or Zotac). This caused my game to do the same, and when I turned off the automatic settings adjustments, the Fullscreen checkbox issue stopped.