Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is God Mode Getting Nerfed?

finaLfrontier

my age has nothing to do with any of this, the incredible amount of complaining over a warframe that does what its supposed to do however has plenty to do with it. Trinity could possibly use a few tweaks, but rhino does what it was designed to do, it doesnt need to be nerfed, i don't see groups of 4 rhino's every time i enter a defense mission or mobile defense mission. if anything rhino needs its other moves buffed so they scale properly.

I only ask because some of your posts have me questioning your maturity level.

And no, never said Rhino needed to be nerfed. Changing his Iron skin to a damage reduction wouldn't be a nerf. It would require that he still takes some sort of damage, which means that he may require some degree of healing, which would mean that there would be some measure of team work and planning. Since the Devs are all about clans and teamwork, I would think this would further advance to that endeavor...

Did I miss something or is the topic about a single Warframe being op compared to others or about Rhino's Iron Skin being the dominant strategy?

Ikr... And I'd like to further dissuade any futures derailings about PvP from this topic as I wasn't even considering that. (though a viable argument in another topic)

Edited by finaLfrontier

not really because then if he takes damage that means the disruptor and toxic effects take hold.

immune to cc and effects (no drain from disruptor). I can stand a very long time with my rhino in a toxic cloud. With only 20% damage taken, this time would be multiplied by 5(!). Still enough time.

even with iron skin the way it is now, it still requires team work, rhino can't just handle everything on its own, it will run out of energy and when it does its gonna need other players to cover for it while it gets more energy.

Okay, how would you nerf Iron Skin? Keep in mind that  Ember's Overheat can reduce incoming damage by 91% and set fire to enemies. Any step below total invincibility for Rhino would make it seem not very attractive at all compared to Ember.

Do you also want to nerf Ember? There's a new "Ember is underpowered" thread created every single day, so that wouldn't go over well. (Granted, I don't find that she is, but it goes to show.)

Okay, how would you nerf Iron Skin? Keep in mind that  Ember's Overheat can reduce incoming damage by 91% and set fire to enemies. Any step below total invincibility for Rhino would make it seem not very attractive at all compared to Ember.

Do you also want to nerf Ember? There's a new "Ember is underpowered" thread created every single day, so that wouldn't go over well. (Granted, I don't find that she is, but it goes to show.)

ember needs a buff because she's currently only effective vs infested, but were not talkin about ember here. they need to buff his stomp attacks

Rebalance the frame and then we'll talk.

Oh, wait, right. You just want it nerfed. You don't care if the rest of the skills need a buff or anything.

If you're going to say "OP" take a look at what else Rhino has to offer in terms of abilities. Iron Skin's about it. If anything, arguably all frames have a "OP" skill, but I bet if you own the frame you don't want it taken away.

And dear god, why do I keep seeing these threads? Is everyone that mad Rhino is reviving people and not taking damage? Isn't that a good thing if a team member can save your skin?

Edited by GloriousYellowEmperor

Ember is not immune to CC. The damage part is a joke. Also 91% is with max Focus. It is 70% normally.

I would go with 70% as well for Iron Skin.

People keep sayin CC, what does that stand for?

Crowd Control. Knock downs, stuns, staggers... etc

If you're going to say "OP" take a look at what else Rhino has to offer in terms of abilities. Iron Skin's about it. If anything, arguably all frames have a "OP" skill, but I bet if you own the frame you don't want it taken away.

I own Trinity, and you're right, I don't want Link taken away. Who said that? I want it "Fixed"

And really, saying anything is OP in this thread has no bearing here because we should only be comparing God Mode abilities, not any other warframe ability.

we should only be comparing God Mode abilities

Time to discuss Lokis.

Seriously. If iron skin is the only thing rhino noobs can use, then rhino needs a respec. Completely. Players should be using abilities to chain with melee and their guns to make them a wall of unstoppable tenno fury, allowing their wits cunning and skill to make them turn enemies to dust before they even shoot. Not LOL IRON SKIN ON and then run through the entire level unchallenged. Iron skin is as terribly unbalanced as SW moas and grineer rollers combined.

Iron skin needs to be a boost to armor. No invincibility, or it needs to be swapped with a more balanced ability, like a frontal energy shield.

The little girls that cry nerf are no different than the little boy that cried wolf.

In the end, NOTHING needs nerf, but these people need to be muted because they have NO IDEA what they are talking about.

And when the Devs listen to the big babies then the others shall complain, so in the end, it makes no sense.

From this moment on, all nerf threads from little girls should be deleted.

If that is done, the world would be better place because NO ONE has enough sense to know what he/she is talking about and they all talk out their asses.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

If you look at my posts I've stayed away from the term OP. It's not fair to compare Link to Sound Quake because, well, do I have to explain? Yeah Link wont kill a horde of enemies... So?

What do I define as OP?

Ok... NEVER DIEING is a definition you might find that exists... I dunno

I run quite a few frames... none of them die actually if you use their abilities properly. So if playing all of the levels and bosses don't get one killed, all that leaves is endgame - which at the moment is just the endless waves. And there Rhino's ability is kind of trash past wave 20 from what I can tell.

I still think people are trying to hard to try and balance out a game when there is no game yet to balance out. The content is largely missing (or god I hope so, if what is there now is the bulk of what is going to be called content this game is toast). Let them define endgame before dragging them down into an endless pit of rebalancing stuff without real reason.

If you like the Rhino, then use it! I still fail to see the problem. If other frames are more challenging, then use them when you want more challenge. If you just want a weapons platform go with the Rhino.

Edited by Emotitron

Problem with Rhino is the fact that he's a frame that promote usage of FOO strategy.

Iron skin is a power that has low investment/high payout. Extremely user-friendly and effective. It'd be all good if the frame also offers other strategies that has equal investment/payout ratio or higher investment for significantly higher payout.

The problem is just that - Rhino offers none. Can anyone think of better variation among his four powers that actually offers better or equal investment/payout than Iron skin? Rhino charge? Blast? Stomp? All of them are not better alternatives compared to Iron skin and more situational in usage.

Iron skin can stay as it is but Rhino needs alternative strategies that are comparable to Iron skin.

I run quite a few frames... none of them die actually if you use their abilities properly.

I still think people are trying to hard to try and balance out a game when there is no game yet to balance out. The content is largely missing (or god I hope so, if what is there now is the bulk of what is going to be called content this game is toast). Let them define endgame before dragging them down into an endless pit of rebalancing stuff without real reason.

Sure, use your abilities wisely at proper times to up your survivability. Maybe it's true and you never die that way, but I'm pretty sure you understand the point I was making. There is a distinct difference between surviving encounters with strategic usage of abilities, to being able to facetank anything in the game indefinitely. Oh and you are a healer too.

Yeah, good point about the game content. However, I think people are trying too hard to validate a good reason for having a complete god mode ability. There's no "balancing" a god mode ability. The concept itself is inherently imbalanced. It's interesting to see people's reaction to this. Like I just stole their lollipop. No, the world isn't going to burn because 2 god modes got toned down to a more reasonable level.

If you are truly asking for nerfs because you want the game to be challenging, ask for new enemies that have abilities that counter these skills.

Otherwise, at this rate, all the frames are gonna S#&$ by the time the game is out of Beta.

Don't turn warframe into nerfframe.

Thank you.

I think this is very much a game about empowering it's players. Each frame does this in different ways and to different degrees. Though people identify with specific frames, all the difficulty you want or don't want is there for you to find in your frame choice. Rhino and Trinity, I think are good as they are. Iron Skin and Link may be dominant abilities, but they suit a purpose on each of those frames...Not just for that frame, but in concert with a team. There are also several other factors to take into account, for instance the majority of both their kits boiling down to utility over damage.

If you want a bigger challenge choose a different frame! Plain and simple, if you play the frame and find that the lack of challenge hurts the game...Stop playing with that frame. There is no need to spoil those frames for people who think that is exactly the right amount of challenge. You have other options to take instead of removing them for others. Focus on suggestion that make other frames equally as viable without taking away from the challenge.