Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need A Shoulder To Cry On...

Newbie1030

[this post is just a little sharing of mine. I need someplace to burst out my feelings. So don't take it too serious. And sorry if I sound too tumblrist.]

I like Warframe, and so does my boyfriend. Actually, he's a lot more into it than me. So much that he spends more time WFing than spending time with me. Yeah sure we can spend time together at WF when we're far apart. But when I'm at the same room with him, he still prefers checking his foundries and leveling up his guns and rarely checks on me. He's so addicted to it. Everytime I spare my time specially to come and spend time with him, he still having fun on his own. I know I should've let him free to show that I really love him, but I need some love too at times. I told him that I don't like feeling lefted, and he always forget about it and I need to keep reminding him. People said, I should just dump a guy like him, but I still wanna love him and dumping him would be just as terrible as he is. I'm just so crossed with him right now. I want him to change for me. DE should put some session limiter or at least some periodic reminder to "take some rest at WF and spend some time with your loved ones..."

Honest opinion, stop and talk to him.

Take some time to explain that you feel left out, explain that you spend time that you could be using to do something else with him and he barely acknowledges you. If he doesnt understand and starts to give you attention, he doesn't deserve you.

Good luck ^_^

Well since you are a girl i think you may be overreacting.

But if thats not the case you should have a proper talk with him

I dont know how much he is addicted to the game, but if it effects his real life it would be best to take a break.

Not only for the sake of your relationship, for his own good too

DE shouldn't do anything.

It's you who has to do something. You need to talk to your boyfriend about what's going on.

I've dealt with tons of relationship problems for others and this always comes up.

"He never pays attention to me"

"He's too busy with his friends and never even looks at me"

It's common and is something that needs to be taken care of before things get even worse.

Communicate with him. Talk to him. If he doesn't pay attention, then force him. 

If he doesn't care, then dump him. He's not gonna be anymore caring than he will be now.

Oh and by the way: Don't let others dictate when to break someone up. Believe me, this is something big. You will regret it for a long time if you make the wrong choice. 

Edited by LordAntiFun

Ahh, that's sad to hear.  Direcyphre is right.  Communication is key.

You're really nice to let him "keep doing his thing", but you are right you have needs too.

The game can be fun, but it's never too good to be sucked into anything for too long.  

Having a GF that cares like you is way more important than any videogame, so talk to him about it.

Edited by sushidubya

Warframe is love.

Warframe is life.

It will suck in your soul and never let you be free~~

Seriously though, video games have a huge impact on the relationship. If he isn't strong enough to break that for you, well. I can't say. I was at least able to for my ex. :l

923feb471dd643892095904359379609.png

Edited by trayboonmarchimp

First off, please no timer thing; I personally hate those. I'm fairly certain a reminder doesn't make anyone act differently when it comes to these things anyway. I hate to say it, but this is an isolated case.

Second, I'm not relationship expert, but this is how I'd handle it:

First I'd communicate with him about your issue; he plays Warframe too much and leaves you behind. It's easy to get caught up in games, so it wouldn't really be all that hard to believe that he may not know there's a problem to begin with; bring the issue to his definite attention. If he accepts that there's a problem and he makes amends and you feel satisfied, you're golden.

If he accepts, but still ignores you, ride him about the problem for a reasonable amount of time; people are forgetful and once again, the game could be occupying too much of his attention still. If he makes amends that satisfy you, then, once again, you're golden.

If he neither accepts that there is a problem nor if he makes amends at any point of you bringing the issue to his attention, then you should probably end the relationship; He's not meeting your personal needs, and therefore the two of you are not very compatible. At this point, it's best to just move on because you'd have to realize you deserve to have the selfish desire of having someone meet your needs while also committing to their needs.

Warframe is love.

Warframe is life.

Seriously though, video games have a huge impact on the relationship. If he isn't strong enough to break that for you, well. I can't say. I was at least able to for my ex. :l

I wouldn't break up with my ex if she was a wall running space ninja

Thanks for all the tips guys...

I did tried to talk and reason with him, but yeah, he still keeps forgetting. He said he still want to care about me but he also said (i'm not sure if it's just reason or true) that there's this selfish part of him that he can't change.

The worst part is, he actually did once ask me to break up, for the sake of both of us...

So yeah, I guess I have to broke him up... Like what you guys said, and what he wanted...

But it's gonna be hard for me...

Cuz like I said, I hate being lefted and I also don't like being alone and need a constant companion. Someone I can hang out with often...

I'm just afraid I can't survive till that gap is filled with someone else...

But I'll try...

Thanks again for the tips so far...

I really appreciate it guys...

P.s.: oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I'm not a girl. But I'm not gay. I'm bisex...

seriously slap him upside the head and tell him to start paying more attention to you or your going to find someone who well he is dam lucky to even have a girlfriend that even plays games let alone lets him play them.

I did tried to talk and reason with him, but yeah, he still keeps forgetting. He said he still want to care about me but he also said (i'm not sure if it's just reason or true) that there's this selfish part of him that he can't change.

The worst part is, he actually did once ask me to break up, for the sake of both of us...

So yeah, I guess I have to broke him up... Like what you guys said, and what he wanted...

Cuz like I said, I hate being lefted and I also don't like being alone and need a constant companion. Someone I can hang out with often...

But I'll try...

P.s.: oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I'm not a girl. But I'm not gay. I'm bisex...

Well that was an unexpected plot twist indeed.

:/

But I'll try...

If this is what you want, then you do what you gotta do.

Not every relationship works, that's just a part of life. And you don't need someone, so as long as you have friends who care for you, then you'll have people who can fill that void.

Warframe is love.

Warframe is life.

LKuDInY.png

You were saying?

OT: Do what you feel is the best course of action. No matter what you choose, you will always be asking: "What if I had done this?". I cannot give you a solid "Yes" or "No" for which course of action you take, but I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.