Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Double "-" The Best Polarity For Any Warframe?

escape123

Question

25 answers to this question

So far I've seen in my books "-" are the most widely used~

from flow, streamline, element mods, etc~

then there's the "D" polarity which is nice for health mods and shield mods~
but that's in my opinion since I use those mods the most~

but you never know what they'll bring next in updates~

but for short answer, Yes~

Ds are great if you have high level Redirection/Fast Deflection/Vitality

-s are great since you have a decent number of - mods that cost high but not as high as fully modded Ds.

Vs are... well, since only Focus and Continuity are the Vs, give or take.

All of the combinations are good since you'd be running mostly 2 -s, 2 Ds, and a V most of the time. The most useless of all combinations would be 2 Vs.

Double D's

Redirection and vitality are really hungry mods. Reducing those costs gets you the most band for your buck if you use them. Steel fiber too.

After that it is a toss up on V and - depending on what frame you have and what abilities you use.

Flow and Streamline (or possibly reach/rush) use '-'

Are the power/caster mods the most important?

I wouldn't say that the power/caster mods are the "most" important, but they are usefull. My opinion is that you should base your frame selection and thusly their polarity slots based on your play style. Like defensifive play, then pick up frames with the D slot. Offensive, pick the V slot. And of course Supportive uses - slots.

Granted at this time all frame mods that are very points intensive are the D mods, although I wouldn't doubt that in time with new mods added we'll see high point cost V and - mods introduced.

Double D's

Redirection and vitality are really hungry mods. Reducing those costs gets you the most band for your buck if you use them. Steel fiber too.

After that it is a toss up on V and - depending on what frame you have and what abilities you use.

I can see how one D (redirection) and one - is effective. But maybe not double D: For example Rhino, once shields go down then god mode goes up and restores full shields in the process. You may not even need health mods.

Any build can benefit from max flow, streamline

Edited by escape123

D is basically mandatory for Redirection, which is important and costly. The other one depends on the frame, whether I want [-] Reach/Flow or [v] Focus/Continuity.

Funny thing is, I don't think I can name a single Warframe where I feel the need to equip all four powers at once. I actually put a stamina regen mod over one of those on my starchy Trinity, since I never seem to find a use for Well of Life. Excalibur Prime must have it even worse.

I can see how one D (redirection) and one - is effective. But maybe not double D: For example Rhino, once shields go down then god mode goes up and restores full shields in the process. You may not even need health mods.

Any build can benefit from max flow, streamline

... thats great, what about the other 9 frames that don't have an invincibility mode? Not a good argument against double d's for them.

Also steel fiber for a frost is an excellent idea. With his helmet you cant get upwards of 80% passive damage reduction on your massive health pool. Steel fiber eats mod capacity though so a double d would be great for him when we eventually get to prestige stuff.

Redirection

Fast Deflection

Rush

Marathon

Quick Rest

Vitality

Lightning Tank build.

Yah marathon and quick rest don't sound very useful. Stamina already recharges so fast that you almost never want for more, at most you stop sprinting for 1.5 seconds then start again.

On top of that they max out at 7 and 9. Not incredibly costly.

Meanwhile that rush mod you have on there tops out at 11 and is a - polarity not a D.

You'd be better off with a - polarity to cut the cost of that 11 instead of 6 D's... duh.

I wouldn't say that the power/caster mods are the "most" important, but they are usefull. My opinion is that you should base your frame selection and thusly their polarity slots based on your play style. Like defensifive play, then pick up frames with the D slot. Offensive, pick the V slot. And of course Supportive uses - slots.

Granted at this time all frame mods that are very points intensive are the D mods, although I wouldn't doubt that in time with new mods added we'll see high point cost V and - mods introduced.

Hopefully this happens because of the wasted empty points and limited mod selection makes some of Excalibur Prime's mod slots useless to an extent.