Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon] Attica [Stealth Kills]

AdFinitum

for some weapons, the description of noise level doesnt match the actual behavior in game. e.g., attica noise level is silent but it's alarming in game, latron wraith noise level is alarming but it's silent in game.

yea DE made bad work about this and didnt try to fix it (i dont see the difficulty to code this), and if i remember good, these issues came from first U16 day , anyway hope these weird noise level will be fixed soon

BTW: Hush rifle mod doesnt work too

Edited by cob_metallica

Hi , 

in the Description of Attica Crossbow it is called the Weapon have no Weapon Sound but it is impossible for me to Attack with the Gun and do Stealth Attacks. Every Time i Shoot the enemie knows about me.

Have Tested it with Attica and Hikou both weapons seems to have the same problem , i throw a Hikou and every enemie knows about my Position.the enemie was in front of me with his Back to me and no other was in the Room (Banshee Enemie Detector). Same with Attica. No alarms , was the first Grineer i killed in the mission and first after the Room. there wehre no others. Tested it under different circumstances in Spy missions , Sabotage missions and so on i wasnt be able to sneak. the enemies see me even over far distances without shooting. 

I just tested this. Both the Hikou and Hikou Prime are functioning properly as stealth weapons.

The Attica, however, does not. Hush (Mod) properly silences the Attica, but it does not have inherent silence as the UI would have you believe.

Edited by RTamis

i can confirm this too, the Attica is definitly not silent, alerting enemies all the time (although stealth kills are rarely possible).

The UI Text is obviously not related to the real status of the weapon, would be useful to change it to not only relate to the real status of the weapon (and so be more then text importet from a databank field), but also have more than the two possible states it has at the moment. After all, we have weapons with different noise levels too.

I can confirm this aswell.

Attica = alerts enemies up to 100 meters away

Attica + Hush = alerts enemies up to 20 meters away on a 50-50 chance.

Something determining if the sound is heard or not seems to be if you hit the target and kill it.

Missing it seems to trigger the AI's alert. This happens regardless of distance, sometimes even in spite of the trajectory (shooting the ground seems to alert NPCs quite well).

So I'm discovering that the Attica crossbow is not a silent weapon, despite what the UI says.  I've tested this in the following ways:

Enter Eminescu mission solo on Loki with Attica, Hikou, Fang, no Sentinel.

Find lone Grineer

Stealth, stand near Grineer, fire Attica against furthest wall

Grineer attacks my position

Find group of Grineer

Stealth, pick off one Grineer the other ones aren't looking at

Grineer attack my position

Find lone Grineer near room of other enemies

Stealth, kill lone Grineer

Enemies from adjacent room will be alerted and may set off alarm

It seems like the Attica is actually EXTREMELY loud, like Acrid-level loud.  If I do all of these same tests with a Cernos instead, the Grineer are never alerted.

Attica isn't Silent, no. How loud I can't say, but it's very much a 'Over here' weapon, not counting the arrows stuck in heads by way of introduction.

I theorise it might be that, because it might be listed as a Bow, it's wrapped up in the UI as 'Silent', as all other Bow type weapons that I know of are Silent. Ballistica maybe as not the case, but I know Rakta, Dread, Paris and the like are all genuinely silent.

Course, I could be wrong. I can't code or program anything more complex than a simple flow chart diagram.

I'm sure this hasn't happened each time, But is it feasible that you have thunderbolt equipped and they are reacting to the explosion?

Attica isn't silent, it never was. It's a UI error. Been using the thing for months before this feature cropped up, without thunderbolt, and it always makes you known.

Want to go quiet, either use Hush or bring another weapon for it. It is a beaut for sniping though, despite what one might think.

I'm sure this hasn't happened each time, But is it feasible that you have thunderbolt equipped and they are reacting to the explosion?

My Attica is level 3, so I can't actually equip Thunderbolt.  Besides, I never use Thunderbolt because I end up blowing off my own face.

Attica isn't Silent, no. How loud I can't say, but it's very much a 'Over here' weapon, not counting the arrows stuck in heads by way of introduction.

I theorise it might be that, because it might be listed as a Bow, it's wrapped up in the UI as 'Silent', as all other Bow type weapons that I know of are Silent. Ballistica maybe as not the case, but I know Rakta, Dread, Paris and the like are all genuinely silent.

Course, I could be wrong. I can't code or program anything more complex than a simple flow chart diagram.

Attica isn't silent, it never was. It's a UI error. Been using the thing for months before this feature cropped up, without thunderbolt, and it always makes you known.

Want to go quiet, either use Hush or bring another weapon for it. It is a beaut for sniping though, despite what one might think.

This is a damn shame.  Everywhere I've seen it touted as a silent weapon.  Either the UI needs to change or the weapon needs to be silent.  I can't possibly imagine why the Attica would be this loud, it's a crossbow for crap's sake.  I did the above tests with a mod-less Latron and I attracted fewer enemies than the Attica.

Can't say about relative volume, but, as the Wiki attests, it's never been inherently silent to my knowledge.

It's a fun weapon though, and very at home on a Jetstream Zephyr despite the 'slow' firing rate.

As for why not silent...Perhaps its something to do with the firing mechanism? I don't know. Bolto are pretty loud, but silent. Who can say?

Ive seen Yesterday Hikou's work fine was a spelling misstake ... 

For the Not to be supposed to be silent Part : 

Have you ever hold a Crossbow and hear the sound ? A Crossbow is quiet even like a Bow.I shoot with both on the Field and seriously if you did not hold your ears next to both weapons you will not hear anything. The Film made Crossbows have a unrealistic sound but thats just because a Crossbow havnt any own sound. A Crossbow is nearly the same as a bow but have way more penetration than bow but lower range and the bolts did not speed on longer range. 

Attica = No Sound ... this is Sci fi themed and why should the tenno build a Crossow with a Pew Pew Sound when they know they must sneak to survive?

Merging threads + moving to UI Bugs. Thanks for the heads up we are aware of the issue. 

For clarification, is the issue that the UI is wrong and the Attica is loud, or is the issue that the UI is correct and the actual weapon noise level is wrong?