The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Getting Boring....

(PSN)LK-GriM

OP, quit warframe, play another game, stalk forum for new "exclusives", login to get them, quit again. This is what a majority of veterans are doing.

Lol this is sounds kind of fun. I have been playing other games, minecraft, dying light, sniper elite 3 and elder scrolls when it comes out.

"im getting bored with this game guys, i've done everything I wanted so...." - Every.game.ever

Find a new hobby or play another game ?

Are you really asking people on game forums to tell you how to spend your free time ?

Actually no. I'm more or less asking for your "work arounds" and what helped you get through it. Because truthfully I do like the game. I just need a way to break the mundaneness in warframe.

"im getting bored with this game guys, i've done everything I wanted so...."  - Every.game.ever

Find a new hobby or play another game ?

Are you really asking people on game forums to tell you how to spend your free time ?

You know no publisher wants to read players that have been around a long time talk like that right?

I just need a way to break the mundaneness in warframe.

..which is to play something else.

If you are tired of eating rice every day, wouldn't you want to have pasta now and then ? You know....instead of trying to think of ways to eat that rice in a more interesting way.

Edited by kiteohatto

Yep but the point is that it doesn't have to be that way here, or at least not so fast.

The way the game is updated is one of the problems.

"Doesn't have to be that way here" No, that's impossible. Nothing in life will never get tiring. 

"Or at least not so fast" You don't know how long the OP has been playing for. He could have hundreds even thousands of hours logged on, and that isn't a short amount of time.

"Doesn't have to be that way here" No, that's impossible. Nothing in life will never get tiring.

"Or at least not so fast" You don't know how long the OP has been playing for. He could have hundreds even thousands of hours logged on, and that isn't a short amount of time.

Close to 700 hours last I checked.

You know no publisher wants to read players that have been around a long time talk like that right?

And out of all the people in this thread you picked on me because i have a founder icon ?

The solution IS to play less/take a break. Everything gets boring and mundane at some point and the solution is to do that thing less or do something else for a change of pace.

Close to 700 hours last I checked.

That is not a short amount of time at all, especially considering the game WF is. 

My advice: Play a different game.

Experiment with some new genres, new games and such.

Doesn't have to be games, find some new hobbies to help you out.

Well world of warcraft has retained between 8 and 20? million people for 10 years, these people log in every day of the week.

It's possible, there are a lot of other titles that do it too.

The point is, you should not have to take a break from a game like this.  That is a failing of the development if you need to.

Edited by Spindle99

Well world of warcraft has retained between 8 and 20? million people for 10 years, these people log in every day of the week.

The content difference between wow and this is ....not even in the same universe.

WoW is not on the same level as warframe. 

Comparing them is completely unfair. One is a game that's been out for years and has had a large amount of content from day 1. 

Warframe has been in OB for 3 years and isn't near completion at all.

When playing a Dungeon Crawler game it is not unusual to get bored.

Tbt the game runs on the same tiles over and over in different positions.  Until we get a decently Lore questline in a few days/weeks anyone gets bored of the repetitive part.

The reason i play is like some have mentioned before me, the gameplay it allows and the "self-imbued-challenges". I play with a few friends and we like to challenge each other, like, we go to the void, and the one that does more headshot kills is the best, and the worst will have to pay up a drink at the pub later.

Turn a game into a different game, and you will enjoy it far much.

You're about to get u16 so stop crying.

On console we are not getting raids because it is broken, so what are we really getting? pvp and a warframe, maybe a weapon or two. I have played since ps4 was released and I have to say 2015 has been a crap year on console. I find myself on the forum more than the game looking for a reason to keep playing.  

Another console complaint thread.

Welcome to the world of being a PC gamer. A club we've been in much much longer than yourselves. Gotta love how you do continuously complain though. 'Oh we don't get the updates as often' big deal, go outside, play something else, it's not the end of the world or life as we know it. Be glad if anything as for some players, including myself, it's becoming a stage of 'Woo new updates... hm bored already, grind/timewall/generally bored, time for something else'. You get a decent amount in one go, you're generally rewarded for patience.

When you first started you received a game which had more content and was more refined. We'd waited countless updates to get to that stage. You, naturally, got it in one go. No, being shafted would be for some reason having the consoles first version as update 1 and having to wait and work your way up to XYZ version.

Edited by Naith

That is not a short amount of time at all, especially considering the game WF is.

My advice: Play a different game.

Experiment with some new genres, new games and such.

Doesn't have to be games, find some new hobbies to help you out.

This is also my second account too. I have a few other games so I'll be playing them more. In regards to hobbies I have a couple, bodybuilding and hunting. Doesn't help weather has been crap here and I can't get the kids outside with all the storms.

This is also my second account too. I have a few other games so I'll be playing them more. In regards to hobbies I have a couple, bodybuilding and hunting. Doesn't help weather has been crap here and I can't get the kids outside with all the storms.

Good idea, never play the same game constantly for an extended period of time.

Trust me, my life gets very repetitive. With a wife and 2 daughters its always repetition. The difference is I can't just walk away from my life, the game I can.

Not directing this at you, but I love how the bulk majority of replies is "its your consoles fault". The few replies that are in regards to playing something else, thanks. Aside from walking away did anyone figure how to switch it up a little bit to keep interest and not just walk away?

Keeping warframe fun isn't just about what you are doing, it's about WHO you are doing it with. Playing and chatting with like minded people helps A LOT!

It sounds like you've been around a while, so maybe grab some newbs from region or recruiting chat, and help them out. It will get you back into the star map.

Voice chat parties help a lot. It makes things more fun when talking to the people you are playing with. That's one of the reasons I tend to do less public matches, because the quality of the "in game chat" is horrible. 

I've been finding myself staying out of the void for the most part lately, and aside from syndicate missions, and doing alerts just to do them (need some way to level up the few weapons I have left to do, but I'm in no hurry), I've been building on the dojo (despite how painful that process is), then gathering color pigments, helping alliance members, doing rail attacks/defenses, etc. That takes my time for now, but I only have a few colors left, but U16 should be here by then.

I'm only missing 2 warframe augments, the 2 for excalabro, and i'll have all of them, that has been one of my things as well, to collect all the normally obtainable mods in the game. 

Once U16 hits, I'm planning on doing the new syndicate stuff while still playing with the dojo and the other things. 

If you are looking for some mature (age wise at least, lol) people to play and chat with, hit me up and I'll send you a psn invite to our chat.

psn: excat_56

Not directing this at you, but I love how the bulk majority of replies is "its your consoles fault".

Because it is. Not only because of certification, but because of hardware, which takes time to be worked with.

Or would you rather play the raid at single-digit framerates?