Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would I Beat The Stalker In This Situation?...

Gbuss

Question

So, I am on an extermination mission Solo, and I see the messages from the stalker (Spawned at lvl 45). I clear the area around me, and try to get to an open space so I can finally actually battle the stalker instead of just wondering wtf killed me like I usually do.

I only have my Loki warframe and the default rifle maxxed out in levels, and only my Loki has a Potato, but is nowhere near using all the points because I am still looking for the correct mods to fill him out.

What I did: I only had enough energy for 1 clone, and 2 invis on my Loki at the time which I estimate about 125 energy?. Both are maxxed out. I also have a non-leveled up Radial Disarm. So, I see him spawn right next to me, and I send out my clone right next to him and start running away, in hopes to shoot at him and just let the clone tank. However, I realize that he starts targetting me instead of my clone, so I immediately go invis and slash at him with my Dual Heat Swords (only level 9 and with a bonus electrical dmg mod in it as I only take it on solo infested missions to lock down ancients if I am out of energy), I do this a second time, and get him down to about 3/4 HP after I get thru his shields. he then proceeds to kill me.

I don't know if there was anything I could really do to kill him. I have read stories on various websites that i frequent of people killing him, but I don't know what they really did or what level they were. Neither any of my friends nor I have beaten the stalker whether we are in a group or not...

TL;DR Stalker spawned at lvl 45 on a solo mission, I got him to 3/4 health with my 125 energy on my Loki, is there anything I could have done to kill him, or was I just boned?... If there was anything in theory I could have done to kill him, what would that be?...

23 answers to this question

Well since it was a defense mission and you were on a Loki you played your cards wrong by clearing out the area before he appeared. Just train them around and when he spawns go invisible and all the enemies will attack stalker. Let them do most of the damage for you. At lvl 45 stalker would have killed all the enemies for you but he would be weaker before you started on him.

Ps as for the electic mod on your DHS that you use for infested ancients..Please tell me you mean frost mod.

Edited by deathscion

I've managed to kill the stalker, wasn't easy, spent all my energy (i only have 150), i played with Ash, rank 30, no potatoe, with Paris, rank 30, no potatoe, Aklato, rank 30, no potatio, and Fang, rank 30, no potatoe. AND, Shade with Ghost mod

All fully modded, mostly for burst damage.

The win factor was clearly the Shade, since i hit a few hits, run until i get cloaked, i posicionate myself on his back, so he takes time to turn around after my attack knockback.

Also, if you have mobs in the room, don't clear the room, there is a huge chance they will fight the stalker, although, i do believe that the Stalker and Grineer have something going on, since i'e already caught Stalker twice in a grineer mission where they are neutral, died because of that mistake

Stalker only goes after one player. Making a decoy does nothing.

Also if your primary was maxed out you should of used that whilst invisible. Would probably do more damage than unleveled swords.

Stalker is fairly easy to kill if you have a good weapon.

If you run far enough away the stalker will disappear ( because he lost track of you ).
Did it once with a excalibur and a + 30% runspeed mod.

I killed a stalker solo 1 time till now, and that was with a rhino and a lvl 30 gorgon with heat/frost/armorpiercing/electric damage mods.

When I was unlucky and got the stalker hunting me, when I had low level warframe ( no mods ) or low level weapons ( not enough damage in a short time ), then I always died.

PS: If you run with others, and your teammates hits the stalker, the stalker will attack your teammates too. Once the full group of 4 players was killed by the stalker ( including me ).

Edited by Redbull102

Well since it was a defense mission and you were on a Loki you played your cards wrong by clearing out the area before he appeared. Just train them around and when he spawns go invisible and all the enemies will attack stalker. Let them do most of the damage for you. At lvl 45 stalker would have killed all the enemies for you but he would be weaker before you started on him.

Ps as for the electic mod on your DHS that you use for infested ancients..Please tell me you mean frost mod.

It was an extermination mission, and I didn't know at the time that the enemies would help kill/weaken him, so I figured it would be best at the time to make sure nothing would try and attack me while I tried to kill him. Guess I'll keep the enemy thing in mind next time.

As for the DHS, it is an electric mod, as it is just a leftover mod that I don't have in my main weapon. I only take the DHS along with me if I am doing an infested mission by myself as I can level it up easily just stun locking ancients. I felt a bit unprepared because of this because my main weapon is quite high level and has most of my mods for melee in it.

You probably would have killed him by going invisible if your melee weapon had been level 30 with decent mods (freeze would have helped getting beyond his shields).

In general the safest bet is to keep mobile and shoot him at a distance, the trick is to do stuff like jump over rails or wallrun because the stalker can only walk and will have to go around the obstacles (though sometimes he teleports). A team helps of course.

If you have Shade you can just let the other enemies kill the stalker for you, though that is quite lackluster.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Killing a stalker, does it give you anything more ? if not I would suggest that in the next update it gives something to kill the Stalker, because it's hard to kill it et you feel releived and super good when you do XD but it would be better if you get anything more for killing it :3

Don't waste your energy on decoys, Saryn's molt won't work as well, just stay invisable and hit him with all you got. Move around alot so that he doesn't get you with his slash dash. I beat him as a Loki before when he was level 53. I haven't tried using Radial Disarm against him, but I doubt it will do any good, since his sword is strong as hell.

Yeah, I can easily beat him with my Ash by simply going invisible and dumping Lex rounds into his face until he dies, re-stealthing as necessary.

If you are on a stealth warframe, just go invis and shoot/slash his &#!.

He'll die eventually.

Edited by Haif

I beat him by running in a circle.

I think I used my Rhino (that or the Excal, both are fully maxed & potatoed) and kept the circle large enough to prevent him from connecting with melee attacks, and small enough that he stayed close and never switched to guns.  I'd run until my shield had recharged, then turned and blasted him for about a half-second or so with my potatoed & maxed Braton Vandal, long enough to let him get one swing in, but (hopefully) not a second swing.  Then turn & ran some more, rinse & repeat.

Only tried it once so far, but it worked.

Your mistake clearing other enemies !

Just run around till stalker spawns. Then your enemies will just hunt down stalker  !

Or get twin vipers and finish him off in .5 sec !

yell "COME AT ME BRO" as soon as he shows up light him up use all powers and swords....at least thats what i do...

Please dont tell stuff if you dont know. He is INVINCIBLE until he gets up from the "meditation" like position !

Edited by Zyfe3rX

Mmmh personally a retreat could have been the best strategy, he was defenetly too much for ya so i guess going invisible and run away was ur best option.

Another guy also mentioned to not kill any enemy and let them fight against the stalker once he appears (and u go invisible) that was a good strategy.

I dont play Loki but i bet it's kinda hard with him to kill him if you dont have a good equip...

Personally with my Rhino i just facetank him with my Gram and chop him to death (usually 10-15 sec)

It was an extermination mission, and I didn't know at the time that the enemies would help kill/weaken him, so I figured it would be best at the time to make sure nothing would try and attack me while I tried to kill him. Guess I'll keep the enemy thing in mind next time.

As for the DHS, it is an electric mod, as it is just a leftover mod that I don't have in my main weapon. I only take the DHS along with me if I am doing an infested mission by myself as I can level it up easily just stun locking ancients. I felt a bit unprepared because of this because my main weapon is quite high level and has most of my mods for melee in it.

See for me this raises a question. Ancients are immune to electric damage, but the electric stun effect still works? If so what is the cost vs effect difference between using electric mod vs just a normal stun mod since neither will cause actual damage against ancients? I'm not being condescending at all I'm honestly curious because knowing little things like this make for better players overall. I've personally just been using frost mod because it does damage to ancients and slows them but slow is a lot different than a stun, and at certain levels with ancients stun vs slow is a difference between having to run and recharge shields and quickly finishing off an enemy.