Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Wars: Battlefront Info Detailed!

TheErebus.

so I was poking around Ign and apparently it is going to have a campaign, but it'll be along the lines of titanfall where nothing is really happening in the playable area but everything around it is going to S#&$. which.... is just like the first 2 battlefronts so im not complaining.

(ok maybe allitle since they could of made SOMETHING instead of just multiplayer with allitle lore thrown in. cmon this is 2015, wouldn't take you more than a few months to make a somewhat decent campaign instead of taking the dam lazy route to get some quick cash as fast as possible...)

I also got some people in the comments saying that you'll be able to play these offline so I think Ai Skirmish is confirmed.... maybe. this is the comments section we're talking about.

so I was poking around Ign and apparently it is going to have a campaign, but it'll be along the lines of titanfall where nothing is really happening in the playable area but everything around it is going to S#&$. which.... is just like the first 2 battlefronts so im not complaining.

(ok maybe allitle since they could of made SOMETHING instead of just multiplayer with allitle lore thrown in. cmon this is 2015, wouldn't take you more than a few months to make a somewhat decent campaign instead of taking the dam lazy route to get some quick cash as fast as possible...)

I also got some people in the comments saying that you'll be able to play these offline so I think Ai Skirmish is confirmed.... maybe. this is the comments section we're talking about.

We'll need some credible sources to confirm this kinda stuff. 

If you can provide it, I'd be very grateful.

SWBF2 had the best way to earn MP Perks. Earn X medals in X category offline to use X Perk in MP after earning it.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

And no, it wasn't all one class. Bubblebro is likely a support unit (Shield, Supplies), rocket launcher dude is likely an engineer (probably a rocket & repair tool, as keeping with Battlefield standards).

Why did they split the Engineer apart now?

And another thing: Who the hell decided to give the Engineer a rocket?

Why did they split the Engineer apart now?

And another thing: Who the hell decided to give the Engineer a rocket?

Thats a beefer game for ya. Every Engineer has a rocket >_> I dont think they even looked at SW BF 1&2 :(

They dont seem to know what a Rebel Vanguard or Empirial Rocket trooper is.

From what I've seen it looks like they are doing a revamp of the first battlefront.

They are similar in a few ways, like both don't have space battles but do have ships on regular ground battles.

Still... Sacrificing A campaign mode, instant action, Clone wars era, and space battles seems like a bit much for added graphics and map designs.

But I am glad to see they are sticking to the original battlefront ( So far ) and not just making it a battlefield starwars skin, I'll definitely giving it a shot.

If its going to be sold in pieces through DLC I'm going back to battlefront 2 though.

Edited by KyleDelta

Thats a beefer game for ya. Every Engineer has a rocket >_> I dont think they even looked at SW BF 1&2 :(

They dont seem to know what a Rebel Vanguard or Empirial Rocket trooper is.

Well, if they then added slicing vehicles back to the Engineer, we might have the be-all anti-vehicle class, combined with the ability to fix vehicles and ammo/health dispensers. 

It's still offline.

Plus, it is made by EA/DICE.

It will most likely have a console focus.

Even so, when people say offline in terms of Battlefront, they're referring to full scale battles between the A.I. and you. 

This isn't what is happening (as much as we know at least)

Even so, when people say offline in terms of Battlefront, they're referring to full scale battles between the A.I. and you. 

This isn't what is happening (as much as we know at least)

It sounds like they are going to have A.I.

I don't see why they wouldn't have a 1 player with A.I. it would just make sense, and stay true to the series as has been stated.

It sounds like they are going to have A.I.

I don't see why they wouldn't have a 1 player with A.I. it would just make sense, and stay true to the series as has been stated.

It would make sense and stay true to the series.

Reasons enough for EA not to bother.

This is EA you're talking about, there'll be a half arsed campaign made up of a few skirmishes. No offline play, and definitely no splitscreen.

Edit:

Just looked up all the details I could on BF3. And from what I got are this:

No campaign

Splitscreen co-op supposedly confirmed(likely 2 player), (we'll see since EA havent made a splitscreen shooter in 2 gens.) or SP with bots in story based skirmishes (IE like Titanfall)

Multiplayer takes place on the same maps as the skirmishes, with up to 40 players.

No class based system. You choose a race and customise your loadout.

Star wars themed gadgets.

Hero's seem to be chosen at random in multiplayer. one per team.

All the multiplayer modes are star wars themed.

Power weapons spawn on the map (same as battlefield 4)

Edited by (PS4)Pharen