Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any In Game Teaser For Upcoming Sentients?

LogaMC1995

Other than Teshin's lines hinting at 'something' beyond the origin system coming back and needing to prepare for it, and the Lotus mentioning that she hasn't seen a Chroma, "since... no, it can't be"(<---literally the last half of that line), no, there are no teasers in-game.

The trailer played at Tenno Live could technically be considered a teaser though.

Other than Teshin's lines hinting at 'something' beyond the origin system coming back and needing to prepare for it, and the Lotus mentioning that she hasn't seen a Chroma, "since... no, it can't be"(<---literally the last half of that line), no, there are no teasers in-game.

The trailer played at Tenno Live could technically be considered a teaser though.

I'm curious to know what it is about Chroma that makes Lotus connect him immediately to them.

I'm curious to know what it is about Chroma that makes Lotus connect him immediately to them.

The sentients were known for adapting hostile tech to their advantage. 

chroma is known for elemental flexibility. It is not too far fetched to assosciate the two. 

The sentients were known for adapting hostile tech to their advantage. 

chroma is known for elemental flexibility. It is not too far fetched to assosciate the two. 

Having a similar theme doesn't instantly mean that you realize "oh S#&amp;&#036;, could they be back?"

I mean, the Zodiac killer used knives and guns, but whenever I see knives and guns I don't instantly think "oh S#&amp;&#036;! this can't be!" - so there seems to be a deeper connection here than that.

Having a similar theme doesn't instantly mean that you realize "oh S#&$, could they be back?"

I mean, the Zodiac killer used knives and guns, but whenever I see knives and guns I don't instantly think "oh S#&$! this can't be!" - so there seems to be a deeper connection here than that.

Well, Chroma do wear what I believe to be Sentient skins on their backs.

Perhaps that has something to do with it?

You actually raise an interesting point.

In the Tomb of the Sentients video where you can see the limbs of the Sentients (or atleast what im pretty sure is the sentients b/c nothing's confirmed yet), their skin seemed to be really veiny and..gross. Like Chroma.

edit- damnit i made this too serious and not sarcastic enough :(

Edited by Ordel

In the Tomb of the Sentients video where you can see the limbs of the Sentients (or atleast what im pretty sure is the sentients b/c nothing's confirmed yet), their skin seemed to be really veiny and..gross. Like Chroma.

I don't think those were Sentients.

I think those were Sentient battle proxies.

I am referring to a Chroma's pelt, there is a strange symbol on it's head.

The symbol is neither Tenno nor Orokin in nature, and certainly not Grineer or Corpus.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w675/DSAMelvin/chroma%20sentient_zps6dqv6rug.png

Oh look, embedding broke.

I'm not fixing it.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

Still doesn't seem like it would prompt what I think we unanimously agree to be a "oh S#&$, could they be back?" response from Lotus... but it's definitely a closer 

Were we watching the same thing? Because those looks like machines to me, not living creatures. And they don't seem to have that veiny look you're talking about.

The symbol is neither Tenno nor Orokin in nature, and certainly not Grineer or Corpus.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w675/DSAMelvin/chroma%20sentient_zps6dqv6rug.png

I'm not fixing it.

We'll have to wait and see exactly WHAT those things were.

The big question is WHAT is the "trophy from a forgotten race" that its said to Chroma was wearing in the teaser? The Helmet or the Pelt?

Edited by Morec0

I think it's the pelt. It just makes way more sense.

But if your note about the writing on the helmet is correct... plus it was once supposed to be the alternate helmet. The design of the helmet for Chroma is PRETTY distinct from the rest of the pelt, there's no denying that.

The pelt COULD just very well be how the frame was originally designed - heck, it would make more sense for that to be the case anyway since one of its primary powers revolves around the use of it. It's veiny and fleshy design attributable to the Technocyte origins of the Warframes - at least the origins I see to exist.

Edited by Morec0

But if your note about the writing on the helmet is correct... plus it was once supposed to be the alternate helmet. The design of the helmet for Chroma is PRETTY distinct from the rest of the pelt, there's no denying that.

The pelt COULD just very well be how the frame was originally designed - heck, it would make more sense for that to be the case anyway since one of its primary powers revolves around the use of it. It's veiny and fleshy design attributable to the Technocyte origins of the Warframes - at least the origins I see to exist.

If I am not mistaken the top of the helmet is actually a part of the pelt.

If Chroma was originally designed with the pelt, then what could possibly be his trophy?

A pelt makes perfect logical sense.

If I am not mistaken the top of the helmet is actually a part of the pelt.

If Chroma was originally designed with the pelt, then what could possibly be his trophy?

A pelt makes perfect logical sense.

Oh yeah, the helmet definately goes with the pelt when he sheds it, but unlike the pelt the helmet is interchangeable. And, again, REALLY look at the helmet compared to the pelt, and especially compared to what (regrettably) became the alternate Drac helmet - the default helmet for Chroma doesn't exactly line up with the aesthetic.

It's smooth, streamlined, like a piece of armor, while the rest of the pelt is far more fleshy, wrinkled, and natural looking. This is especially apparent when comparing the two side-by-side and looking at how they flow into the rest of the pelt.

Chroma.png

ChromaAltHelmet.png

So I'm thinking that the current default helmet came from a different source than the rest of the body.

I kinda like this. No way the Sentient themselves will come to fight. It must be like higher rank of someone sent those battle proxies to the battle kinda like the Orokin sent the Tennos instead of themselves.

Edited by LogaMC1995

Oh yeah, the helmet definately goes with the pelt when he sheds it, but unlike the pelt the helmet is interchangeable. And, again, REALLY look at the helmet compared to the pelt, and especially compared to what (regrettably) became the alternate Drac helmet - the default helmet for Chroma doesn't exactly line up with the aesthetic.

It's smooth, streamlined, like a piece of armor, while the rest of the pelt is far more fleshy, wrinkled, and natural looking. This is especially apparent when comparing the two side-by-side and looking at how they flow into the rest of the pelt.

Chroma.png

ChromaAltHelmet.png

So I'm thinking that the current default helmet came from a different source than the rest of the body.

The Drac halm suppose to be the default one, so it looks more fleshy...but the alternate helm that NOW is THE default helm, is most probably lotus or Tenno made since they can't replicate the same material as the pelt on the helm.

Alternate helms are all Tenno made(I came up with this).

The Drac halm suppose to be the default one, so it looks more fleshy...but the alternate helm that NOW is THE default helm, is most probably lotus or Tenno made since they can't replicate the same material as the pelt on the helm.

Alternate helms are all Tenno made(I came up with this).

Except that as Binary-Code above pointed out, the symbol of the Drac helm isn't Tennobet or any other modern language. It's something we haven't seen before. Leading me to the conclusion that it's the trophy in question, taken from the Sentients - what it was a part of, though.

Except that as Binary-Code above pointed out, the symbol of the Drac helm isn't Tennobet or any other modern language. It's something we haven't seen before. Leading me to the conclusion that it's the trophy in question, taken from the Sentients - what it was a part of, though.

Well, you got a point there.

Chroma.png

ChromaAltHelmet.png

Perhaps that bit IS a piece of armor. It has that Sentient symbol on it, it might be the helmet of a Sentient footsoldier circa the Old War.

Perhaps that bit IS a piece of armor. It has that Sentient symbol on it, it might be the helmet of a Sentient footsoldier circa the Old War.

Which again brings us back to what the Sentients were, which we already have VERY differing opinions on. It's an unfortunate impasse.

We'll wait and see, but I'm thinkin' that U17 and the Tombs of the Sentient will clear this question up for us right away.

Edited by Morec0

Which again brings us back to what the Sentients were, which we already have VERY differing opinions on. It's an unfortunate impasse.

We'll wait and see, but I'm thinkin' that U17 and the Tombs of the Sentient will clear this question up for us right away.

No doubt about it.

I still hold my view that those things we saw weren't Sentients.

I'm not fixing it.

The symbol has Orokin writing in it. Sam, you're partially wrong. The rest of the symbol is just a design, though.

I've translated it before, and it says "Saw".

Edited by LazerSkink

Really now?

The surrounding decoration is definitely not the usual for Orokin script though, I have not seen that type anywhere.

This raises questions!

I know, that's what I was saying. There's Orokin writing in the center and the rest has never been used.