Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change the 'operators' voice

Salient

Im sure it all comes down to personal preference, but i find her rather annoying. I'd love the option to just use a voiceover for one of the asian clients and turn on subtitles. I think it would better fit this game to listen to the operator in japanese or korean rather than a wannabe valley girl from canada.

Also, add wall running and wall jumping. thanks.

Plus she sounds almost identical to the ship voice.

Heh, that's because she is the ship voice. They're both voiced by the same VA.

However, I don't dislike the Lotus' voice, but the ship voice should be altered to avoid any misunderstandings like those above.

I also have no strong feelings one way or the other about wall jumping/running, other than if it were to be implemented, there would have to be map designs that accomdate for the extra movement; the current designs wouldn't resonate well with such freedom of movement.

I actually like the VA for Lotus and the ship, though I would like it if the Devs would filter Lotus´ voice somehow, make her sound a little more synthetic. I know, she isn´t but I just feel it would sound a lot cooler if there was more static of effects. And of course, give her more lines.

As for the ship´s voice...the one thing I don´t really get is this: Are we on military or civilian vessels, because she sounds very civilian most of the time, like it´s merchant ships at best. Might fit the Corpus but not so much the Grineer.

Concerning wall running and jumping...meh, I don´t need it, I want to see a lot of other features expanded before something like that.

Wall running and wall jumping is a bad idea as of now. Look at the maps and tell me when it'd be useful at all. There's practically no flat wall and common rooms are about two and a half warframe heights. Plus, platforming with a TPS usually doesn't go well at all.

There was nother thread about this somewhere. I suggested, the option of 6 other voices with their own portraits and the option to change them to which ever one you wanted. I also think there is a option to turn her voice off in the game. Addiitonally, if she could give boss info like "watch out this guy is known for using <insertskillnamehere>!" or "Careful, this boss has a lot of shields!". Or even some kind of tip. "The legs of the jackle are the weak spot"

maybe that would give to much help, but you get the idea, maybe she could be more informative, not nessesarly tips or hints, but more helpful other then "you have located the vip"

Femaie 1

Female 2

Female 3

Male 1

Male 2

Male 3

As for wall running and wall jumping, this games pace would greatly need to increase for something like that. There are not that many games that do those kind of moves (Mirrors Edge did, and GunZ, are the only ones i know that do that). While it sounds super cool, i dont think that would be feasable for actual gameplay.

Edited by Havenbrook

There was nother thread about this somewhere. I suggested, the option of 6 other voices with their own portraits and the option to change them to which ever one you wanted. I also think there is a option to turn her voice off in the game. Addiitonally, if she could give boss info like "watch out this guy is known for using <insertskillnamehere>!" or "Careful, this boss has a lot of shields!". Or even some kind of tip. "The legs of the jackle are the weak spot"

Femaie 1

Female 2

Female 3

Male 1

Male 2

Male 3

I smell a platinum price on those :) which would be a good choice.

agreed about making lotus and the ship computer's voice different

Ship: "report any malfunctioning equipment to the ship crews immediatly"

Me:"huh?....but i just wrecked their reactor my self lotus???"

Edited by SGTdiomedesstone

Lotus sounds like my mother nagging me to clean my room or go get mail in the mail box. I'm sorry if the news reaches the lady who did her voice but tbh woman, your voice acting sucks. I played diablo 3 with over 500hrs and i literally have each dialogue memorized but does it irritate me like this one? nope.

Lotus sounds like my mother nagging me to clean my room or go get mail in the mail box. I'm sorry if the news reaches the lady who did her voice but tbh woman, your voice acting sucks. I played diablo 3 with over 500hrs and i literally have each dialogue memorized but does it irritate me like this one? nope.

I'm just happy it's not Jennifer Hale for once :D

You do realize comparing the voice acting of an indie company to one of the largest video game developers out there, isn't exactly a fair comparison.

Couldn't disagree more. The voice acting is very good, imo, and suits the tone of the game perfectly.

Only voice clip of Lotus I have problems with is the security one. I am not overhauling their security, I'm overriding it.

This line and the delivery on "Multiple bio-signatures detected. We've got infested incoming." just irk me. The voice acting I find is quite good otherwise, just...that that delivery needs improvement. She doesn't sound serious when saying it, just like she's going to like get a sandwich or something.