Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Original Arcanes - Not Sure If It Matters Anymore...

Ironlixivium

It's pretty simple, this issue existed a while ago:

original arcanes were a mix of appearance and stat modifications.

When people wanted function and appearance separated, DE discontinued these arcane helmets.

The problem with this solution:

Arcanes still exist, and appearance and function are still around, you just need to buy it.

What I believe should've been done:

the arcane and the helmet should've been split, allowing people to have the stat boosts they like with the appearance they like.

Currently this could add a "stat modifier slot" to our arcanes as we have new arcanes.

Why this can't really be done now:

People payed platinum for their arcanes, and would be enraged if they were transformed into normal versions.

Possible solution to this:

have current arcane holders recieve a tradable boosted stat modifier for each arcane they own. (a user who owns an arcane that adds 15% power strength and reduces 10% shields could recieve one that adds 30% str and reduces 15% shields)

I would like this to be solved, as people who have all the arcanes still have to choose between stats and appearance, and arcanes, instead of acting like a normal helm, aren't allow in pvp. I'm not one of those peole who have all the arcanes, though, so I can't speak for you, I only have one. any thoughts on this?

The original Arcane helmets may still be around, but there is a limited number of them left and that number shrinks every day. Just let them die quietly.

But what about the people who aren't giving them up? There are still many people who have a full set of arcanes and aren't letting them go or making them normal I doubt arcanes will ever fully die, why can't their function come back?

But what about the people who aren't giving them up? There are still many people who have a full set of arcanes and aren't letting them go or making them normal I doubt arcanes will ever fully die, why can't their function come back?

I still use mine, and it's a fair question. More so since the new arcanes are also tied to appearance, just with questionable value.

I also have a couple of the original Arcanes tucked away, I mean... the extra boost to ability strength thanks to my Pendragon helm has kept me alive more times than I care to count. Unless the new arcanes are on par with or better than what I currently have, there's really no way I'm dropping it... especially as the Pendragon helm looks pretty awesome anyway.

If they made Arcanes an actual addon to an accessory rather than something that was linked to the accessory itself, then the addons would have the value and boosts rather than the accessory, and it could be added to any of them. Of course, this would likely make getting arcane enhancements just a tadbit easier, but frankly that mission is enough of a pain in everyone's arse. Making the rewards a bit more retainable wouldn't be remiss at all.

There really are two ways to work this out reasonably.

1. Make the arcane effects that are currently on helmets drop from raids.

2. Add the arcane helmets back into the game with alerts.

The first option works the arcane helmets into the new system, but can be abused because some of the old arcane effects are really strong, like the Nyx Vespa Helmet giving 15% energy efficiency for a 5% armor reduction, which is nothing on Nyx and many other warframes.

The second option works arcane helmets back into the game as they were before and like how normal helmets are dropped from alerts, the only downfall being that the alerts for the helmet you want can be fairly rare.

Also as a side note, the build price for the regular helmets really should be lowered, I mean why do that still take neurodes and orokin cells to make if they only change how you look?

Note I do own a few arcanes, nyx vespa and both vauban, I traded a hemlock away.

Edited by Minelegend