Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is One Thing I Am Glad About Humanity (Including Myself)

Revel72

If we would be naturally all the time smart. Life would be much more boring than right now. In some cases of course. I glad that we are slightly stupid. Because it kinda of a good source of funny things.

Example: I managed to turn on the thief alarm of my mother's car in a car lot near of a mall. After I turned off the alarm I was just face red sitting on a driver seat thinking how stupid I was. Although I did came to a conclusion that it is good that humanity is slightly dumb. Gives us good things to laugh about time to time. Was it caused by our own stupidity or somebody else's of course in certain circumstances what comes on people around you.

Every once in a while in the morning, I'll go to put the cereal and milk away... but I'm holding a cereal box and opening the fridge...

Once I actually put the milk in the pantry.

That dude from Penny Arcade, Tycho, I think said it best when;

"Other people do things that you would not do. These disparities are what make people interesting." 

If there were no dumb people, there would be no smart people either. Because you are intelligent, you consider someone else to be less intelligent.

Funnily enough, I always found this argument to be really stupid.

History is filled with dumb people. If everyone became suddenly very intelligent, you'd just have to look at a history book to be reminded what it meant to be stupid. And everyone would be intelligent enough to realize that.

A dutch comedian once said this during his show:

There are smart people and dumb people. The most stupid thing about dumb people is that they think they can become smart at some point. Smart people know this and that's why courses excist.... If you didn't get this one you'll lose a lot of money in your life"

Also The Big Bang Theory Leonard is kinda smart right? Penny once asked him: "why can't all guys be like you?" Leonard then replied: "If all guys were like me, the world wouldn't survive"

He has a point y'know XD

EDIT: minor typo...

Edited by SlytexNL

This black sprite is called humanity, but

little is known about its true nature.

If the soul is the source of all life,

then what distinguishes the humanity

we hold within ourselves?

Something tells me you've played Dark Souls...

If there were no dumb people, there would be no smart people either. Because you are intelligent, you consider someone else less intelligent.

I can see that baseball bat soon hitting my *COUGH!* Aw hell my stomach... Ah... AKA. Amen... That is really well pieced together... Although I just find myself still being stupid even after that but at least I am being an example to people that... Seriously don't do what I have done...

I have nothing intellectual to provide to this thread.

Also chocolate is the single greatest human invention since sliced bread.

If here is joke hidden. I just can not get English humor...

If we would be naturally all the time smart. Life would be much more boring than right now. In some cases of course. I glad that we are slightly stupid. Because it kinda of a good source of funny things.

Example: I managed to turn on the thief alarm of my mother's car in a car lot near of a mall. After I turned off the alarm I was just face red sitting on a driver seat thinking how stupid I was. Although I did came to a conclusion that it is good that humanity is slightly dumb. Gives us good things to laugh about time to time. Was it caused by our own stupidity or somebody else's of course in certain circumstances what comes on people around you.

stupidity isnt something to be celebrated,ever...

the only purpose it serves is to be eliminated and overcome,same thing as poverty,disease,or pandemics

If there were no dumb people, there would be no smart people either. Because you are intelligent, you consider someone else less intelligent.

not even close..intelligence is a measurable quality in the way that it effects things,much like gravity

so henceforth its fairly easy to tell from the amount of bad things going on these days (war for instance) that there are too many unintelligent people around

my personal preference is this:

stupid things,and stupidity,are a mechanical quotiant.if one were to introduce a gene altering virus which would remove the stupidity by boosting intelligence...then the "newly" intelligent would no longer immerse themselves in or enjoy stupid things..thus 90% of the world's problems are solved

coincidentally,the birth rate would plummet to near zero while the lifespan would skyrocket to absurdly long times

-snip-

You think you're glad about stupidity now, but I'd like to see your opinion after working with my workmate spud, I can guarantee you, there's only so much to laugh at before the irritation of working with a simpleton sets in.

stupidity isnt something to be celebrated,ever...

the only purpose it serves is to be eliminated and overcome,same thing as poverty,disease,or pandemics

On some cases it is good that human is not completely smart. It is nice to be a bit stupid some times. To let out the steam. Just find good situation for that... And don't go too far. If we would remove diseases and pandemics. Do you know what would happen to our immune system? Our lives would become even shorter.

On poverty I can some degrees agree. Poverty is partly a good thing. Would many of our tools exist without poverty? I would say. No including the guns today.

On some cases it is good that human is not completely smart. It is nice to be a bit stupid some times. To let out the steam. Just find good situation for that... And don't go too far. If we would remove diseases and pandemics. Do you know what would happen to our immune system? Our lives would become even shorter.

On poverty I can some degrees agree. Poverty is partly a good thing. Would many of our tools exist without poverty? I would say. No including the guns today.

not really,without diseases and pandemics,or any microbial junk in our genomes...we would sure be alot different,but evolution wouldve worked something out by now..with the bonus that we would be nearly immortal,,,unable to die

logic dictates the more you remove external variables from an equation,or anything for that matter.the more the original function of the equation is expressed

and looking at humans fro mthe functional angle,it henceforth follows that the original (evolution or otherwise) intended function was for a perfect human organism...given that the universe is inherently logical,its fairly safe to assume that it tends towards perfect,with a chaotic variable dictating the aftermath

poverty is never a good thing,it has no use...it is only a thing to be gotten rid of or fixed,just the same as a disease..

btw,tools didnt come about due to poverty,tools came about due to intelligence asserting its dominance over stupidity

guns came about because unfortunately there is no way to keep stupid people from gaining access to the technology that the intelligent build

same premise as the fact that microwave technology,originally intended for food cooking,has been turned into emp weapons

Edited by GunDownGrace