Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Our Community Player Base Shallow?

Zarozian

Being a firm believer in the good in every human being. I often wonder about the mindsets of people in-game and whether or not trolls and haters alike are really that morally bankrupt as a person or if they just do it because they are just that bored.

But nevertheless I want to find out what you guys think our player base and what we think of each other.

The reason why I made this thread was because of this youtube video my friend shared with me.

It made me really sad to see people like that, sad enough to cry, but it also made me really happy to see that there are good people too.

So vote here and tell me what you guys think of each other.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5536ed07e4b0f84e696ca8ce

I've seen this video like 10 times on social media sites already.

Generally, this community is a lot better than most. I play Heroes of the Storm a lot (my first game where I run into toxic players on a daily basis), and find it to be somewhat toxic, but that's because it's competetive (in a way), but I hear things like LoL and Dota are SO much worse

Warframe is MUCH more casual. This community hardly feels toxic, and only really is when it comes to nerfing.

[Also this belongs in off-topic]

Edited by SgtFlex

Not gonna be voting. For one, humans are not black and white. Neither are all humans completely altruistic or greedy. I see no benefit, only harm from trying to categorize not just one but an entire community based off of opinions. I just don't.

Generally, this community is a lot better than most. I play Heroes of the Storm a lot (my first game where I run into toxic players on a daily basis), and find it to be somewhat toxic, but that's because it's competetive (in a way), but I hear things like LoL and Dota are SO much worse

Warframe is MUCH more casual. This community hardly feels toxic, and only really is when it comes to nerfing.

Yes I agree with you totally.

And I wanna keep it that way too. So I try my best to be compassionate towards others when helping them in-game and stay positive basically but sometimes I begin to doubt when some people kind of act moronic. =/

I don't really want our player base to become as toxic so I feel like I should spread this video around a little more because it does have impact on people. I'm sorry you had to see it again lol~

Not gonna be voting. For one, humans are not black and white. Neither are all humans completely altruistic or greedy. I see no benefit, only harm from trying to categorize not just one but an entire community based off of opinions. I just don't.

No we are both black and white inside.

I just want to see whether or not people still resist the darkness that exists within all of us or whether they have just simply given up faith on others and faith on themselves.

You don't have to vote because that's not what this thread is really about but it's more about your opinion and how other people see things.

Edited by Zarozian

[Also this belongs in off-topic]

I think it is so nice because most of our community is the pve community and from what I see it tends to be pvp based games that have a lot of hate because players are always trying to unnerve the other team with it. ( I don't mean pvp players here. In my experience you guys are pretty nice.)

Our nature defines our culture.

Even if you invent a culture to be contrary to that nature, it will fail.

But there already exists several cultures that are like that in some eastern countries.

It's just that it's kinda getting replaced by American Culture for some reason as they modernize.

Also just because it's human nature doesn't mean we should give into it. We can accept it but we shouldn't give in.

It's only there to be resisted. When we resist it we learn from it. When we overcome it we become better people. =/

Yes I agree with you totally.

And I wanna keep it that way too. So I try my best to be compassionate towards others when helping them in-game and stay positive basically but sometimes I begin to doubt when some people kind of act moronic. =/

I don't really want our player base to become as toxic so I feel like I should spread this video around a little more because it does have impact on people. I'm sorry you had to see it again lol~

I don't mind at all. This video has brought some attention, and it's quite bad how disrespectful people can be.

However, that's not to say, just like a lot of people say, that there is a lot more attention on the bad than there is good (in almost every situation).

We see this with toxic communities, Cops (big issue today), and just generally humans. It's not to say that there is always more good than bad, but bad isn't the largest portion in all situations, it just gets a lot more attention.

I don't think I have enough faith in humanity to be able to have an opinion here.

I will say this though, humility is not human nature.

While I want to say humility may or may not be of human nature, I don't really know or do I know of any solid evidence that would indicate it is or is not, but I will say that culture is a big part of our lives today, and a lot of what culture teaches us is to be respectful to one another. We have moved very far from what nature has given us, and be predetermined by society and culture. All over the world you will be treated differently in countries, and we all have different morals. One might think it's right and the other is wrong, but there is no real right or wrong, it's just what we think it is.

Truthfully, I don't know how to have a say in this, it's all a psychological standpoint on how people act and how they should act. In American society, people generally ignore homeless and mock them, but internet "society" would strike you down if they were a whole and had the chance.

I mean, spending time on the internet is generally considered a bad thing, but it really gives you a more open mind of what is considered wrong and right worldwide.

I went on a little rant there, but I felt like there was a lot to say there

Im just trying to uplift spirits here, there really are a whole lot of good people in the world that don't get enough credit for what they've done. Humility, from what I understand, is like being modest, and I find it hard to know whether modest is part of human society simply because the nature of being modest, you don't brag, you don't tell others, you do it just to benefit the other person. I still have a lot of faith in humanity, even after all the bad S#&$ people see on the news on a daily basis

Edited by SgtFlex

It was great back in 2013.

You know, back when you had to earn something you wanted, and back when owning Primed gear actually meant something.

Yeah we were all jolly hardcore pirate bros.

We were like zealous zealots when it came to the grinding~ Back during the days when the Hek was like the best weapon in the game being able to snipe with it. It's a pity that it's so underrated now though.

I don't mind at all. This video has brought some attention, and it's quite bad how disrespectful people can be.

However, that's not to say, just like a lot of people say, that there is a lot more attention on the bad than there is good (in almost every situation).

We see this with toxic communities, Cops (big issue today), and just generally humans. It's not to say that there is always more good than bad, but bad isn't the largest portion in all situations, it just gets a lot more attention.

While I want to say humility may or may not be of human nature, I don't really know or do I know of any solid evidence that would indicate it is or is not, but I will say that culture is a big part of our lives today, and a lot of what culture teaches us is to be respectful to one another. We have moved very far from what nature has given us, and be predetermined by society and culture. All over the world you will be treated differently in countries, and we all have different morals. One might think it's right and the other is wrong, but there is no real right or wrong, it's just what we think it is.

Truthfully, I don't know how to have a say in this, it's all a psychological standpoint on how people act and how they should act. In American society, people generally ignore homeless and mock them, but internet "society" would strike you down if they were a whole and had the chance.

I mean, spending time on the internet is generally considered a bad thing, but it really gives you a more open mind of what is considered wrong and right worldwide.

Im just trying to uplift spirits here, there really are a whole lot of good people in the world that don't get enough credit for what they've done. Humility, from what I understand, is like being modest, and I find it hard to know whether modest is part of human society simply because the nature of being modest, you don't brag, you don't tell others, you do it just to benefit the other person. I still have a lot of faith in humanity, even after all the bad S#&$ people see on the news on a daily basis

I blame the media for that.

They only focus on the bad things because it gets attention and makes headlines.

Which makes 1 bad cop ruin it for the rest and those who are ignorant would go out on the streets protesting for no reason at all, without knowing the whole truth.

But there already exists several cultures that are like that in some eastern countries.

there has never been, and perhaps (but is an unknown) never will be a social system in any society that will actually work.

those Countries you are citing, are a farce. every place has 'good' and 'bad' people. that's just how it works.

utopia is impossible. doesn't mean things can't be good. just don't expect a utopia, it will never happen.

Edit:

also, i avoid Polls as they collect inaccurate information due to lack of explanation and reasoning for choosing any particular option.

this makes the information innately inaccurate because you don't know why someone chose an option.

if you asked a question, and 1000 people answered anonymously, how do you know how many answers were truthful? or if some people misunderstood the question? or people that just picked a random because they didn't care?

without explanation, Polls are... meh.

Edited by taiiat

It's just that it's kinda getting replaced by American Culture for some reason as they modernize.

Also just because it's human nature doesn't mean we should give into it. We can accept it but we shouldn't give in.

It's only there to be resisted. When we resist it we learn from it. When we overcome it we become better people. =/

If they do exist those cultures will fall, mark my words.  It never works out in the end.

Communism taught us that.

While I want to say humility may or may not be of human nature, I don't really know or do I know of any solid evidence that would indicate it is or is not, but I will say that culture is a big part of our lives today, and a lot of what culture teaches us is to be respectful to one another. We have moved very far from what nature has given us, and be predetermined by society and culture. All over the world you will be treated differently in countries, and we all have different morals. One might think it's right and the other is wrong, but there is no real right or wrong, it's just what we think it is

Though culture modifies how we act and what we believe, it still bends to our subconscious whims.  It is as much a part of culture as it is a part of us.  If a culture teaches us to not be immoral, eventually all we will see is immorality.  Greed cannot be stopped, only suppressed, pride cannot be stricken down, only impeded.

We are not as far away from nature as you would believe.

We are slowly regressing, and eventually we will need to pick ourselves up.

In my experience people would only strike you down to look better to the crowd, not because they believe you are unjust.  That's human nature right there.

Our nature defines our culture.

Even if you invent a culture to be contrary to that nature, it will fail.

A big part of the human race has already learned that cooperating and trading resources is better than creating wars for it, that's we call this the peaceful era of human's history.

heh... I've been waiting for a thread like this...

I've played a lot of games with a lot of different communities, and this one actually really annoys me.  The only reason why I play the game is because of the game itself.  The community is very immature, as are the devs (gay pink shorts and treating guests like toddlers?), and a lot of players I meet think they're the best thing around and know everything about everything.  I'm sorry, I hardly think a rank 1 knows everything there is about the game and that they are better than everyone else.

The community is also lazy as hell.  Sure, in general, a lot players play warframe casually.  But when it comes to things like (and this is an example) survivals, and then someone wants the entire squad to leave because they have to go to the fcking bathroom, wait what?  You think you're the best and don't want to learn better modding, playstyle, teamwork, etc?  right.... because being in a squad is all about individuality right?  They also want the game to be as easy as possible and only entertain the thought of a challenge.... After all, I guess it's the thought that counts, right?  "Nerf enemies!  Make our frames and weapons as powerful as they can be!  But don't make them too powerful, we still need a challenge...." just please... shut up.

Ignorance is also a common theme.  Please tell me why a rank 17 didn't know what a teleporter was?  Also, when it comes to a game like this, there's a lot going on with dark sectors and conclave, a whole world of politics and high expectations that most people don't even want to know.  You want a challenge, go get involved there for about 6 months, and you'll be so deep in politics that your brain will explode.  Also, I feel like the next time someone asks me "is this gun good?", I will go find them and slap them.  There's a whole wiki that has literally everything on it about everything.  You want to be a good player, then go do the work.  It's that easy.

Every once in a while, I'll come across a very social player, someone who encourages the squad, someone who helps the other players, etc.  I like those people.  They are worth respecting.  The ones who give constructive feedback on what exists, not give an entirely new idea for a rework.  The ones who think about the game and dive into it on all aspects.  The people who use teamwork, take charge in a squad, coordinate, etc.  I like those people.  They're always the ones who are really good.... but why are they so rare?  I have high expectations for the people in my clan, to be up to these standards.... 

Honestly, I'm not too fond of the community, as you can see, but the game itself is always one the I come back to for some reason. 

A big part of the human race has already learned that cooperating and trading resources is better than creating wars for it, that's we call this the peaceful era of human's history.

Working together is something humans have done for a long, long time.

The only difference between then and now is the amount of regulations and threats there are.

there has never been, and perhaps (but is an unknown) never will be a social system in any society that will actually work.

those Countries you are citing, are a farce. every place has 'good' and 'bad' people. that's just how it works.

utopia is impossible. doesn't mean things can't be good. just don't expect a utopia, it will never happen.

Well of course I know that isn't possible.

There will always be bad people but it's also the reason why there are really good people too.

1024px-Yin_and_Yang.svg.png

It's like the yin and yang. Depending on how you see this symbol it will mean two things. For those who don't know better it means balance but for those who know it too well and understand how much more complex it really is, they will see it as a symbol for ultimate power~

The white dot on the dark side could represent someone who is surrounded by the cruelty of the world and bear witness to the atrocities people commit on each other, but because of this that person would become a light in this dark place and become the opposite of what he or she grew up in seeking to make their world a better place.

The opposite could be true for someone who grows up in a good place and never having to experience what it is like to go hungry or poor. You would be unable to understand those around you because you lack those harsh experiences.

But one mistake people keep making with the yin and yang is that they view the symbol separately. 

The two sides together make the real symbol and the real symbol means ultimate power for a reason.

that's a sham and a farce that you're seeing, just like American News Networks. it's lies.

there's still plenty of war over things, it's just not a war where there's blood spilled necessarily. instead, it's people being extorted.

or, still actually war. invading other places that can't defend themselves in order to steal their resources, with a disguise on to trick people into thinking that's not what you're there for.

it's the same as it's always been. less outright death, but plenty of lives ruined just the same.

If they do exist those cultures will fall, mark my words.  It never works out in the end.

Though culture modifies how we act and what we believe, it still bends to our subconscious whims.  It is as much a part of culture as it is a part of us.  If a culture teaches us to not be immoral, eventually all we will see is immorality.  Greed cannot be stopped, only suppressed, pride cannot be stricken down, only impeded.

In my experience people would only strike you down to look better to the crowd, not because they believe you are unjust.  That's human nature right there.

- How the F*** can you possibly know? The false equivalence of because it happened before it "can" happen again. Humans have the ability to learn and act upon his knowledge.

- Okey, first off, everything that's inside nature it's natural, everything came from nature. Yes we are very far away, we are not @(*()$ apes that would start a fight from everything, we are already evolving to cooperate.

- How do you the will of your fellow human beings? Thats a @(*()$ giant generalisation.

Like I said.

It will always be there to be resisted against. 

And to be able to resist it would mean you have ultimate power. 

The yin yang symbol really means discipline when they say ultimate power.

Ultimate power is being able to control yourself and let the real you make the choices, the right choices.